[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on February 08, 2017, 09:01:02 AM
Quote from: porcupine on February 08, 2017, 02:46:56 AM
Hrm, I think I must be missing something here...

I can't get personal shield bubbles to form on my colonists.  Drafted, with personal shield in loadout/inventory, no weapons at all...  Do I need a weapon equipped for the personal shields to work, or what did I miss here?

Just vanilla + CR.

Seeing as shields are clothing, wouldn't you need to make them part of your clothing assignment? Seems putting it in a loadout would just have them carry it around rather than wear it.

*derp*, yeah that'd make sense.  I knew I must be missing something obvious :D

grimsurgent

Quote from: Defection on February 08, 2017, 01:22:33 PM
Can anyone tell me how can i get Prometheum?? FSX is from boomalopes, but can't figure out how to get prometheum.  :(

You have to grow blaze bulb in a temperature controlled room. Grow it  on a room that's 56 F so it isn't too cold to grow, or too hot to burn your farm down

Defection

Quote from: seanandjay29 on February 08, 2017, 05:03:21 PM
Quote from: Defection on February 08, 2017, 01:22:33 PM
Can anyone tell me how can i get Prometheum?? FSX is from boomalopes, but can't figure out how to get prometheum.  :(

You have to grow blaze bulb in a temperature controlled room. Grow it  on a room that's 56 F so it isn't too cold to grow, or too hot to burn your farm down

Thank you for reply!! I will try it :)

Maniox

https://i.gyazo.com/4b0e9061c0a1f8dd4103685b7293c38c.png

This error seems to be caused by the game trying to give a non-player pawn job assignments.

I rescued a pawn from an escape pod, and the error started soon after, then I killed that pawn and the error stopped the same tick.

AlexCrimson

Has there been a fix to switching ammunition types on turrets? I have been unable to load ammo that is different to the standard that is selected when the turret it placed. This is also an issue with Mortars.

Also how do grenades work? My pawns only seem to use one at a time. Do i need to make them carry the rest in their inventories? Grenades are pretty heavy to be doing that. They are rather useless with that pathetic 10 range.

Some thoughts on the mod...

First off, this is probably my single favorite mod that isn't a UI fix/addition. Adds some kind flavor to the rather boring combat system. People seem to hate the ammo system, but its really easy to keep a supply of ammo. A few steel for 100s of rounds? Pssh no problem.

The gun balance is a little off. Shotguns are insanely strong in almost every situation. The buckshot with mince anything that isnt wearing armor. For animal attacks, its an instant death unless its something tough like a bear or muffalo. The max range for some guns is way too much. I know you are going for "realism" but sometimes realism comes at the expense of balance.

The descriptions for most of the items are not very helpful. When i set up a turret, i cannot see its max range or any of its stats. For ammo, i cannot see its damage stats through the Loading Bench. The same is true for the aiming system. Id rather just have the % chance to hit back.

A list of some compatible gun mods would be nice. If you use one that isnt compatible, then its rather balance-breaking.

Why is it called a "flak turret"? Isnt that an anti-aircraft gun? Seems more like an anti-tank cannon. A little confusing.

Some more ammo types and guns would be neat. Maybe some more expensive ammo types that use Uranium, or chemicals. Something like gas mortar shells that incapacitate/kill and leave a cloud of gas for a while. Or a Chemical Thrower that can spray Promethium, gas or other things.

Tanelorn

Quote from: AlexCrimson on February 10, 2017, 05:02:26 PM
Has there been a fix to switching ammunition types on turrets? I have been unable to load ammo that is different to the standard that is selected when the turret it placed. This is also an issue with Mortars.

This was answered a page of posts ago. You RMB the ammunition and can choose which one you want to load.

AseaHeru

The Flak turret appears based on the 8.8 cm Flak 18/36/37/41, which is an anti-air piece that was also used in tanks and as a (hideously effective) AT gun. As an example, it was a variant of this gun that was used as the armament in the Tiger tank.

AlexCrimson

Quote from: Tanelorn on February 11, 2017, 05:32:59 AM
Quote from: AlexCrimson on February 10, 2017, 05:02:26 PM

This was answered a page of posts ago. You RMB the ammunition and can choose which one you want to load.

That did it, thanks. Some of the features in this mod really do lack an explanation, unless i just missed the right-click thing somewhere.

porcupine

Quote from: AlexCrimson on February 11, 2017, 09:44:43 AM

That did it, thanks. Some of the features in this mod really do lack an explanation, unless i just missed the right-click thing somewhere.

Right click *everywhere* :D

Jan2607

I got the message "Can't do taming job because of full inventory".
Do I need to drop some ammo every time my tamer wants so tame an animal?  :o
Or is there any way to tell my colonists, how much ammo they are allowed to carry?

EDIT: Well, I found the loadout restriction... But... You need to explain that to me. My sniper (who is also tamer) actually carries
1 helmet
1 vest
1 t-shirt
1 pants
1 sniper rifle
and 76 ammo.
With this few stuff in inventory Bulk is 20/20.

So, is it just possible to arm my colonists OR let them do their job, but not both?

porcupine

Quote from: Jan2607 on February 12, 2017, 04:37:31 PM
I got the message "Can't do taming job because of full inventory".
Do I need to drop some ammo every time my tamer wants so tame an animal?  :o
Or is there any way to tell my colonists, how much ammo they are allowed to carry?

EDIT: Well, I found the loadout restriction... But... You need to explain that to me. My sniper (who is also tamer) actually carries
1 helmet
1 vest
1 t-shirt
1 pants
1 sniper rifle
and 76 ammo.
With this few stuff in inventory Bulk is 20/20.

So, is it just possible to arm my colonists OR let them do their job, but not both?

The clothing portion comes under assignment/apparel (that includes armor/helmets/shields/etc., I made the mistake of including those in the loadout section, to which they were carrying 'em, but not wearing 'em).  The default apparel is "anything goes" basically, you may want to scratch some of those off (IE: my current play is tropical, I've disabled parka's to prevent pawns from grabbing 'em (because technically they can go outside in slightly hotter temperatures with the extra insulation)).

You may need to craft some backpacks so they can carry more bulk, or drop some of the items, etc.

IIRC, this will also impact how much colonists can haul.

Asid ef

Devon_v

Quote from: Anfi0312 on February 03, 2017, 07:18:01 PM
For some reason my colonists don't want to pick up their assigned loadout. I have all weapons and ammunition. Bulk and weight shouldn't be a probem also, a naked colonist without stuff in his inventory can't equip a pistol automatically. Since nobody reported this issue I think there is a conflict with my mods. Does somebody know where the problem may be?
[Is it possible to put long lists in a spoiler tag?]

Core
HugsLib
Izzyssentials Core
Better Pathfinding
EdBPrepareCarefully
Blueprints
Bulk Medicine Production A16
Additional Joy Objects
AllowTool
Appetite Suppressant A16
Caerbannog
Chemicals & Neutroamine
Clutter Furniture
ColonyManager
CombatRealism-1.6.9.5
Crate
DeadMansClothing
ED-Embrasures
ED-LaserDrill
ExpandedIncidents
ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering
Fences And Floors
FishIndustry
FluffyBreakdowns
HaulPriorityLite
High Caliber
High Caliber (Combat Realism Patch)
Hospitality
ImTheWorkerNow
Izzyssentials Furniture
Izzyssentials Hydro
Izzyssentials Solar
Izzyssentials Switch
kNumbers-0.6.0
LED Lights More Furniture Patch
LED Lights Redux
LT_DoorMat
M No RNG in Death
MadSkills-A16-1.2.1
MakeComponentsx10-1.0.1
MF A16
MineItAll
MiningShaft-StoneAddon
MiningShaftA16
Nandonalt - Camping Stuff
Nandonalt - Colony Leadership
Nandonalt - Pests
Nandonalt - Set-up Camp
Psychology
QualityBuilder
Rainbeau's Fertile Fields
RD_FireDepartment
RD_ReinforcedConcreteWall
Reinforced indiscernible power conduits
RelationsTab
ResearchList
RimFridge
Signs_and_Memorials
RT_Fuse-A16-1.0.5
RT_QuantumStorage-A16-1.0.8
RT_SolarFlareShield-A16-1.1.2
RumoursAndDeceptionA16
RW_MedicalInfo
Soylent green a16
static_quality_plus_A16.1.2
StepAway
Super Soil
WM Medivac
WM Reuse pods
WM SyncGrowth
ZhentarFix
[SS]BiggerBatteries
[SS]BiggerFuses
823126273 (Roof Support A16 from Workshop)
729908976 (Colonist Bar KF 0.16.2.2 from Workshop)
726479594 (Storage Search A16 from Workshop)
Assorted Leather Scraps
Clutter Misc
CombatRealism EPOE
Crafting Neutroamine [1.1]
ED-Embrasures-CR
luciferium
Mending
sd_power
Where Is Rich Soil
Tranq Turrets
765650558 (JTSavagePrisonersCompatPsychology from Workshop)
Miniaturisation-0.16.2
Miniaturisation
Bulk Meals A16
Hunting Alert
Pandora Dark
Patient Sanity
RW_RefugeeStats-master
AdvancedLamps [A15]
Is that your exact load order?

Don't put things in alphabetical order, you need to place major mods towards the bottom so they have priority over whatever changes smaller mods might make. I have CR almost last on the list so that when something isn't compatible it's the other mod's feature that breaks, not CR.

NoImageAvailable

So a couple days ago I dropped by this thread and some people asked me to pick up development of this mod again. Long story short I press-ganged asked a couple people for help and we've been working on something of a reboot of CR and it has progressed to the point where I feel confident enough to announce it here.

Among other things we already fixed several major bugs and long-standing issues, such as the hunting from max range, AI problems with embrasures or suppression and armor calculations being broken. We have also made several major feature additions such as a complete overhaul of the pawn melee system (all pawns now have appropriate armor penetration stats on their melee attacks and several animals gained natural armor, no more killing elephants with bird shot) as well as a new options menu:

Right now the project is still under heavy development but hopefully we will be able to put out a stable release before the end of the month. If anyone is interested in helping out, contact me via PM on the forums or on the modder's Discord. We're in particular need of coders but more testers are always welcome as well.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

porcupine

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 13, 2017, 02:27:47 PM
So a couple days ago I dropped by this thread and some people asked me to pick up development of this mod again. Long story short I press-ganged asked a couple people for help and we've been working on something of a reboot of CR and it has progressed to the point where I feel confident enough to announce it here.

Let me be the first to say, I'm thrilled to hear this!  Welcome back NIA, only good things can come of this! :)

FreyaMaluk

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 13, 2017, 02:27:47 PM

Among other things we already fixed several major bugs and long-standing issues, such as the hunting from max range, AI problems with embrasures or suppression and armor calculations being broken. We have also made several major feature additions such as a complete overhaul of the pawn melee system (all pawns now have appropriate armor penetration stats on their melee attacks and several animals gained natural armor, no more killing elephants with bird shot) as well as a new options menu:

Right now the project is still under heavy development but hopefully we will be able to put out a stable release before the end of the month. If anyone is interested in helping out, contact me via PM on the forums or on the modder's Discord. We're in particular need of coders but more testers are always welcome as well.
OMG... excelent news!! I can't wait to see what you have in store!! :)