Rescuing/Capturing

Started by Phienyx, March 30, 2014, 12:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phienyx

For instances where you get the pod crash and the incapacitated survivor:  You should be able to retrieve (rescue) them without having a prison built.  They are incapacitated and you should be able to put them in a bed if one has not yet been claimed by a colonist.  Now once they are no longer incapacitated, then they will do as they will (escape, attack, join the colony....etc...etc...) but you should be able to bring them back and doctor them back to health.   Prison should be an option, not a must for rescuing incapacitated non-colonists.  For capturing or arresting, then yes, a prison should be required.

iame6162013

i don't think this is possible in alpha 2 (alpha 3 maybe but i still don't think it's possible)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Phienyx

No, I don't believe it is possible in Alpha 2 either.  That is why I am suggesting it. :)

Serrate Bloodrage

Id like to see this, aswell as an option to send them away after rescue. I feel bad letting people die but I just dont need someone with their particular skill set. So a rescue and release option would be great

If only my colonist could have 'personal time' to reduced stress =D

OmegaConstruct

Quote from: Serrate Bloodrage on April 01, 2014, 08:44:02 PM
Id like to see this, aswell as an option to send them away after rescue. I feel bad letting people die but I just dont need someone with their particular skill set. So a rescue and release option would be great

There also should be a general "release prisoner" option. Currently the only way to get rid of a prisoner is to recruit them, execute them, or destroy the wall of the jail so they can "escape"**. It would be nice if we could just release them and they could run away. That could also make for some interesting interactions once factions are implemented.

**Edit: they can also be sold to slavers

StorymasterQ

Quote from: BlackandPurple on April 01, 2014, 09:51:54 PM
Quote from: Serrate Bloodrage on April 01, 2014, 08:44:02 PM

There also should be a general "release prisoner" option. Currently the only way to get rid of a prisoner is to recruit them, execute them, or destroy the wall of the jail so they can "escape". It would be nice if we could just release them and they could run away. That could also make for some interesting interactions once factions are implemented.

"Escape", the quotes are the key.

"There you go, you're free."
<flees>
<shot from behind>
"Sweet protein."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Jack 123

christhekiller

Yea, and the ability to rescue people from other colonies without that colony getting pissed off at you.

Wikrin

Austupaio

Just throwing my weight behind the concept that having the Boolean choice of kidnapping an ally or letting them bleed out in your potato farm is mildly irksome and ought to be remedied at some point. Vital, but low priority change.