[A17] Faction Colors 1.5 (25.08.2017)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, November 17, 2016, 05:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koni

Oh thank you so much.
Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on May 15, 2017, 12:27:13 PM
Quote from: koni on May 14, 2017, 09:10:12 AM
I have a little suggestion/wish to this framework mod, if it's possible: shields that can go with camouflage, composite or coat of arms colors. It also would be great  if this shields can be worn by any alien races like the apini who deny any non-apini clothing(shield cover whole body instead of specific parts).

And spawning with composite armor doesn't work right: the random non-stuff color is not generated.

And when do you think you can do that

Tenshi~Akari

Question, since I'm feeling kinda dumb on this issue: has anyone been successful in getting this to work? I know it's just the initial release, but just wondering since I haven't been able to figure out how to get 1.4 working in A17 in my own game as of yet. (Tried to update my own clothes mods that relied on this, but they keep showing up as red & black like the masks themselves, instead of the stuff + color2 they originally showed in A16. Still a texture to them, not the block colors. Nothing has changed other than the alteration to xml files to fit the changes to A17 apparel thing defs, so I'm at a loss of what to do...)  :'(

koni

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on July 14, 2017, 03:35:21 AM
Question, since I'm feeling kinda dumb on this issue: has anyone been successful in getting this to work? I know it's just the initial release, but just wondering since I haven't been able to figure out how to get 1.4 working in A17 in my own game as of yet. (Tried to update my own clothes mods that relied on this, but they keep showing up as red & black like the masks themselves, instead of the stuff + color2 they originally showed in A16. Still a texture to them, not the block colors. Nothing has changed other than the alteration to xml files to fit the changes to A17 apparel thing defs, so I'm at a loss of what to do...)  :'(

By me it works relative fine. Maybe you could show me your mod, so I can take a look on it?

But I have detected an other problem: The random generated color of composite armors is always white, even when my pawns put of and on the clothes.

Tenshi~Akari

^^ I had to go ahead & remove this altogether in the end... currently playing around with Children & Pregnancy mod and turns out this doesn't play friendly with that. But what I know, like I said, the only things that I changed were the coding parts in the defs that required changing in order to not crash the game's mod loading on startup, but came across the issue mentioned earlier. Also noting I came across errors when trying to put armor/clothing that relied on this on pawns during creation, it would simply not appear & red errors would pop up, but would act just fine in game. Strange because that also never happened before the transition from A16.

Short version: I wasn't having much luck getting the masks to work & I wasn't 100% sure if the only available files in 1.4 were the ones needed or if I had to transfer certain files from 1.3 to fix stuff.

sirskips

Could you help make this work with the corruption 40k mod

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on August 02, 2017, 11:22:17 PM
^^ I had to go ahead & remove this altogether in the end... currently playing around with Children & Pregnancy mod and turns out this doesn't play friendly with that. But what I know, like I said, the only things that I changed were the coding parts in the defs that required changing in order to not crash the game's mod loading on startup, but came across the issue mentioned earlier. Also noting I came across errors when trying to put armor/clothing that relied on this on pawns during creation, it would simply not appear & red errors would pop up, but would act just fine in game. Strange because that also never happened before the transition from A16.

Short version: I wasn't having much luck getting the masks to work & I wasn't 100% sure if the only available files in 1.4 were the ones needed or if I had to transfer certain files from 1.3 to fix stuff.

In theory the only thing that needs fixing going from 1.3 to 1.5 is ThingDef commonality and adding the drawsize to the graphicData if you want the item to be drawn bigger when not equipped.

I released a patch that fixes recent issues with items not being properly loaded after the game was shut down. Also fixed a glitch whereby the Color of armors wasn't properly saved and therefore changed after restarting the game.

Quote from: koni on June 24, 2017, 12:26:32 PM
Oh thank you so much.
Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on May 15, 2017, 12:27:13 PM
Quote from: koni on May 14, 2017, 09:10:12 AM
I have a little suggestion/wish to this framework mod, if it's possible: shields that can go with camouflage, composite or coat of arms colors. It also would be great  if this shields can be worn by any alien races like the apini who deny any non-apini clothing(shield cover whole body instead of specific parts).

And when do you think you can do that

I don't know when I come around to doing that. Having proper faction emblems that can appear on shields would be nice, but that probably takes another few weeks of work to get in.

Getting such shields to be worn by Aliens with race restriction would require a patch that adds the shield to the whitelist. No built in way to enable that from this mod.

CannibarRechter

Is the weapon size feature supposed to be working in A17? I downloaded your mod, and put it ahead of a texture mod I am working on. I added this:

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAttributeAdd">
      <xpath>*/ThingDef[@Name = "BaseWeapon"]</xpath>
      <attribute>Class</attribute>
      <value>FactionColors.FactionItemDef</value>      
   </Operation>
   <Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
      <xpath>*/ThingDef[@Name = "BaseWeapon"]/thingClass</xpath>
      <value><thingClass>FactionColors.FactionItem</thingClass></value>      
   </Operation>   
   <Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
      <xpath>*/ThingDef[@Name = "BaseWeapon"]</xpath>
      <value><ItemMeshSize>(4,4,4)</ItemMeshSize></value>      
   </Operation>

The very large size was to make it obvious that it was working. Note, in addition to attempting to patch  BaseWeapon, I also tried a specific weapon with slightly different patch code (the Replace is an add instead, as the weapon doesn't have a thingClass). Nothing happens.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Cpt.Ohu

Due to some weird errors that popped up recently when overriding the way how the graphic gets colored, I had to rewrite both apparel and weapons. The item mesh size now gets called only when drawing on a pawn. To get the base item bigger, you'll have to edit the drawSize property in graphicData.

CannibarRechter

The above doesn't render on a pawn or on the ground.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

koni

Can you please make a patch or something, that makes the shields of CE colorable with camo, composite or uniform? Or at least CE-compatible? That would be nice

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: koni on August 29, 2017, 08:47:55 AM
Can you please make a patch or something, that makes the shields of CE colorable with camo, composite or uniform? Or at least CE-compatible? That would be nice

That's easier said than done I'm afraid. It requires either inheriting or directly patching the CE class, which wasn't laid out in a way that encourages that. I cannot promise to do this any time soon.

koni

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 30, 2017, 12:43:38 PM
Quote from: koni on August 29, 2017, 08:47:55 AM

That's easier said than done I'm afraid. It requires either inheriting or directly patching the CE class, which wasn't laid out in a way that encourages that. I cannot promise to do this any time soon.

Or just without CE, *with voice of a 8 years old girl:* pleeeaaase

Lilairen

Just a note, I'm playing with my mod layout for a new game and this is turning out to have incompatibilities with a bunch of things.  Not sure if that's an easy fix but I figured I'd mention it.

Thus far I've found incompatibilities with it and:
Apparello 2
Medieval Times
Vegetable Garden
Misc. Weapon Repair

I know the first two have clothing-based researches, which may be where the issue is.  Vegetable Garden likely on the cloth stuff?  Dunno.  Not sure about the repair mod.  Anyway, that's enough incompatibilities that I'm not going to see if anything else doesn't work.

Incompatibilities found by trying to build a modlist and then when I hit a crash loading Core, HugsLib, this mod, and then whatever the other mod was to doublecheck.  The other mods are versions loaded from the Steam Workshop.

Cpt.Ohu

Interesting to know. First of all, do you mean the base module, or the examples?

Apparello and Vegetable Garden when downloaded from here do not throw any messages about being incompatible. I'm not sure what I could possibly be touching on that doesn't work with Apparello.

Is there anything more specific than being incompatible you can tell me?

Lilairen

(Sorry about the delay, I don't check the forums regularly.)

I can go through and run the test again and see whether the error log says anything useful if you like. Basically, I got the "some of your mods have incompatibilities or are the wrong version so I'm loading everything without mods" errorbox when I loaded those mod combinations.

I downloaded the .zip from https://github.com/Cpt-Ohu/FactionColors/releases/tag/v1.5 .