[A17] No Death Randomness, Fitness

Started by mazacik, November 24, 2016, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Hello, @mazacik, could you please consider coding a small code package for rng-death-prevention (without actually disabling mechanic as a whole), that could be somewhat easily connected up to custom added guns and items via xmls or at least tied to some hediffs that can be hooked up to a gun? It would be a greatly appreciated and requested code piece. Thanks)

sirgzu

I think the no RNG death mod is calling out for a blood pouch mod  :D

Vaniat

umm.. I want an Edition only remove Hulk and Fat,and hold Thin.
Thanks very much.

AnotherColonist

Hey,

is there a plan to update "No RNG in Death" to A17? On one hand Tynan said on Reddit. "The skills of pawns are more important now!" on the other hand are your colonists losing toes and fingers left and right reducing their "effective skill" noticeably + only seeing simple prostetics once a year in the tradescreen (when you are lucky). So when you finally find an ancient danger with people in them who have bionics, you deserve that shit! ;)

AC

mazacik

Trying to get things working for A17. The way I did things in A16 doesn't seem to work anymore, pawns just don't get downed from pain. Something about pain thresholds must've changed. I'll try to figure it out, but if that's the case, chances are I'll have to rewrite the entire mod because that's easier than modifying the A16 version to work with A17.

mazacik

Updated the death randomness mod to A17. The fitness mod was in my opinion made obsolete by Change Dresser. However, if the author does not update said mod to A17, I will update (rewrite, I lost it) mine to A17. Let me know if you want it.

Cabdono

Is there any way to "turn it off"  for animals or it just works for both animals and humanlike?

Dragoon

Quote from: Vaniat on April 17, 2017, 11:39:22 AM
umm.. I want an Edition only remove Hulk and Fat,and hold Thin.
Thanks very much.

Wrong mod buddy.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

asquirrel

poruf

Quote from: mazacik on May 24, 2017, 04:02:37 AM
Updated the death randomness mod to A17. The fitness mod was in my opinion made obsolete by Change Dresser. However, if the author does not update said mod to A17, I will update (rewrite, I lost it) mine to A17. Let me know if you want it.

I really enjoyed the fitness mod (as well as the RNG in death removal) because it completely removed the hilariously huge differences in size between pawns altogether and not just for my own, if you would like to update the mod I would appreciate it a lot. 

mazacik

Quote from: Cabdono on May 24, 2017, 02:43:29 PM
Is there any way to "turn it off"  for animals or it just works for both animals and humanlike?
It works the same for animals and humans. I could easily do a version where animals still die randomly, but I don't see the point.

mazacik

The Fitness mod is back for A17, completely rewritten and much more compatible (hopefully).

poruf

Quote from: mazacik on May 25, 2017, 06:22:23 AM
The Fitness mod is back for A17, completely rewritten and much more compatible (hopefully).

Thanks you very much!

PandaCG

I believe I fixed your about.xml to include the target version, no more red text!  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

IHateRegistering

Just fyi the fitness mod breaks alien races visually. Any kind of unique head the alien races use gets reverted to a normal human head after a saved game is loaded.