Alpha 16 unstable branch feedback

Started by Tynan, December 12, 2016, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

But dead people's clothing was already often damaged. Frequently leading to tattered apparel. It's true that you could go on for quite a while without making your own clothing (maybe too long), but if you wanted high quality, good condition stuff, crafting was already needed for most items. It would also have been possible to damage stuff even more

Steam Squirrel

I uninstalled it and it works!
Thanks anyway!

Alenerel

Quote from: Steam Squirrel on December 15, 2016, 07:29:10 PM
Quote from: Alenerel on December 15, 2016, 07:23:47 PM
attach the file to the post. its under the text box where you write.
Thanks.

It said the atachment was too big.  :'(

Try to compress it in zip. If not you can go to mediafire or dropbox, for example.

Neotic

When you assemble a Caravan it's hard to remember who has weapons, and what weapon, if you have a lot of colonist. This could be fixed if you display the weapon the colonist has right next to them on the Caravan assemble. This should also be done with armor. The whole idea actually sound incredibly useful.

Another way you can use this is if you have a tab where you can see your stockpiled weapons and armor and equip them from this. 
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

ChJees

No idea if Infections got more brutal in this Alpha or not but if your doctor get infected at the very early game you might as well forget that you ever had that colonist.
Ruins the fun factor very hard for me at least to know i got no remote chance of saving a colonist.
You would think that the doctor would be able to treat themselves to an extent with bandages or help with their knowledge to the other colonist who are treating them.

Greatest cause of death for me has been those damn infections so far. Even with a somewhat skilled Doctor. Forget the raiders and tribals. Mother nature is the biggest killer.

Irritated salty feedback.

Alenerel

Its true about the infections. I had one guy getting infected in a 4x5 hospital with sterile tiles and 2 hospital beds. had him treated with no medicine but rest all the time. checked him and the % was very high when he reached major so I set him to medicine. he died at 70% something, he had absolutely no chance. would medicine have changed that? how even medicine works with infections? when they get treated i dont see any bump in the %.

ReZpawner

Not sure why so many speak out against the changes to clothing. It makes total sense both in a realistic way, as well as design-wise.
If you wouldn't have any problems at all with putting on a t-shirt that is soaked in some dead guy's blood, your life must have been pretty fucked up, and you have my deepest sympathies.
Even worse, what if it had been a while? I'm fairly certain that it would take a LOT before any of us would even consider wearing it, even though the brand new corpse-flies designs are really in this season.

What makes absolutely no sense however, is that chemfuel cannot be used to fuel a generator. Pretty please, Tynan?

Osucarus

Quote from: ReZpawner on December 15, 2016, 09:36:51 PM
Not sure why so many speak out against the changes to clothing. It makes total sense both in a realistic way, as well as design-wise.
If you wouldn't have any problems at all with putting on a t-shirt that is soaked in some dead guy's blood, your life must have been pretty fucked up, and you have my deepest sympathies.
Well, t-shirt from dead guy wasn't always soaked in blood. It might be from the man who died from an old age or someone sick. I agreed that wearing their cloth would cost a mood debuff, but I'm not against the effect wearing off. Well the effect could be longer if it's taken from wet-death.

and I would like a feature to de-fabricate of whatever it called, I mean "deconstruct" the cloth to get its raw materials.

Razzoriel

Quote from: Alenerel on December 15, 2016, 08:51:52 PM
Its true about the infections. I had one guy getting infected in a 4x5 hospital with sterile tiles and 2 hospital beds. had him treated with no medicine but rest all the time. checked him and the % was very high when he reached major so I set him to medicine. he died at 70% something, he had absolutely no chance. would medicine have changed that? how even medicine works with infections? when they get treated i dont see any bump in the %.
Medicine increases the treatment % effectiveness. Medics with high Medicine also have good results. If nothing was changed, a number of things might have been responsible. Treatment peridiocity (did he remain untreated during that time?), beds' comfort (stone beds are less confortable) and treatment quality.

Wounds which are old (as in, weren't treated for a long time) also affect infection rate.

Tynan

Okay, let's not spiral off into arguments about specific features.

This thread is for play stories and experience-based feedback, please.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

CodeRen

Honestly its pretty difficult to see who has weapons when making a caravan. Sent an unarmed pawn by accident and to not relive that mistake I have to exit out to my colony to recheck and then enter the caravan menu again ):

Also, like the new clothing debuff but maybe make it slightly smaller in amount? I think that should fix it and make everyone happy.

Why cant my doggos be pack animals yet they can haul? I think most animals that can haul should be pack animals! it would encourage more animals in the colony.

Neotic

Quote from: CodeRen on December 15, 2016, 11:02:27 PM
Honestly its pretty difficult to see who has weapons when making a caravan. Sent an unarmed pawn by accident and to not relive that mistake I have to exit out to my colony to recheck and then enter the caravan menu again ):

Also, like the new clothing debuff but maybe make it slightly smaller in amount? I think that should fix it and make everyone happy.

Why cant my doggos be pack animals yet they can haul? I think most animals that can haul should be pack animals! it would encourage more animals in the colony.
I think it's more about the training most dogs household dogs freak if you put stuff on them. However, speaking of training what if you have to train them to be pack animals.(this includes all animals; except for obvious ones) (p.s not sure if this isn't already a thing)
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Neotic

This is what i meant earlier. This should be in the game so its easier to select the colonist you need.
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Gibson8088

Is anyone getting framerate 'stuttering' when opening a pawns Needs tab?  I've noticed this quirk since the first iteration of A16 and still have it to this day.  I always make a new world and group of colonists and run no mods to keep it pure Devbuild.

As soon as the Needs window is closed the game runs smooth as silk.  And the Logs show no errors while it's stuttering so I'm currently at a loss.

Canondeath

I recently experimented with the prisoner system with Caravans and world traveling.

There is one thing i noticed and that is prisoners just run around when they leave and enter a colony,
they could just run away since they are being ignored and run to their cells themself.

Another thing is when a Caravan is formed and somebody is getting a breakown, the caravan is paused.
if you cancel the caravan than all the prisoners just run away.

Maybe we could "chain" or "Tow" him with a person. or let them follow a person similar to a pet.