Alpha 16 unstable branch feedback

Started by Tynan, December 12, 2016, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReZpawner

Uranium seems awfully sparse, is this intended?

"Psychite" addiction doesn't really convey a lot of relevant information. What drugs fall under the name "psychite"? I suspect it's Yayo, but the tooltip should probably point that out.

Can you let us take luciferium to our inventory? It seems like something an addict would want to keep close to heart, especially considering what's going to happen if they don't have it.

Will there be a way to put the prisoners on a drug-schedule as well? I'm not saying that the research I'll be doing is ethical, but I really want to know the effects of prolonged drug-use, and my prisoners are worth less to me than my colonists (as you damn well know after my post about how things went the last time I captured you, Tynan!). Can they (or will they currently) get the drugs they need to feed their addictions without us manually injecting them?

carbon

Psychite refers to any drug produced from the psychoid plant (yayo and flake). Analogous to the real world use of "opiate" drugs derived from plant-based opium. Probably couldn't hurt to add a simple -Psychite- label to the drugs' descriptions.

Taking luciferium to inventory is already a thing. Did you miss it (need to use a schedule) or are you asking for some other inventorying mechanic?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

hoochy

I have had level 20 doctors kill patients putting on bionic arms and legs about 6 times now. It seems there is about a 33-50% chance that putting on bionic parts will result in a mistake even in a sterile room with a level 20 doctor. Not sure what is going on there but that seems wrong. Also losing the bionic part because of a mistake seems wrong and very annoying (I know its been this way for a while).

Ashiver

Quote from: hoochy on December 16, 2016, 07:22:55 PM
I have had level 20 doctors kill patients putting on bionic arms and legs about 6 times now. It seems there is about a 33-50% chance that putting on bionic parts will result in a mistake even in a sterile room with a level 20 doctor. Not sure what is going on there but that seems wrong. Also losing the bionic part because of a mistake seems wrong and very annoying.

Using glitterworld medicine or what medicine for the "anesthetic"?  I always buy some glitterworld medicine to use for the bionics because it seems to up success rate, but I wouldn't claim to have done a statistically significant number of bionic surgeries.

hoochy

Quote from: Ashiver on December 16, 2016, 07:30:17 PM
Quote from: hoochy on December 16, 2016, 07:22:55 PM
I have had level 20 doctors kill patients putting on bionic arms and legs about 6 times now. It seems there is about a 33-50% chance that putting on bionic parts will result in a mistake even in a sterile room with a level 20 doctor. Not sure what is going on there but that seems wrong. Also losing the bionic part because of a mistake seems wrong and very annoying.

Using glitterworld medicine or what medicine for the "anesthetic"?  I always buy some glitterworld medicine to use for the bionics because it seems to up success rate, but I wouldn't claim to have done a statistically significant number of bionic surgeries.

It was just normal medicine, I cheated in bionic arms and legs for all my colonists and maxed my doctor skills. A level 20 doctor is killing people left and right. To me it seems a level 20 doctor, regardless of medicine, should have a very low chance of murdering people putting on bionic parts. If buying glitterworld medicine (which is easy) makes a level 3 doctor better than a level 20 doctor then there is no reason to level doctors.

From my play experience it seems doctor level plays very small part when it comes to murdering people with bionic parts.

From the outside perspective, putting on a bionic part seems a relatively "safe" procedure. After all if you have robotic legs then you think you have this technology which allows it to be added to a human relatively safely, but maybe this is just in my head. If we are talking about curing cancer or aids in the game then it makes sense a lot of people may die if a doctor is just using herbal medicine or something, regardless of level.

Grishnerf

@hoochy  select your lvl 20 doctor and click on the "i" button.
scroll down there in the menu and look what's his operation success chance.
skill rating alone does not guarantee a safe operation.
often times someone you would never think off has a higher Operation success Chance than your best doctor.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

hoochy

Quote from: Grishnerf on December 16, 2016, 07:43:15 PM
@hoochy  select your lvl 20 doctor and click on the "i" button.
scroll down there in the menu and look what's his operation success chance.
skill rating alone does not guarantee a safe operation.
often times someone you would never think off has a higher Operation success Chance than your best doctor.

My main doctor has 115% success chance with surgery and has murdered 4 people. The other doctor which is also level 20 has 99% chance and has murdered 2 people.

If you just spawn in bionic eyes. legs, arms, and put all 6 on one patient in one go, there should be at least one failure regardless of doctor. Usually I have 2 or 3 failures when doing this and there is a high chance it is a mortal mistake.

Zhentar

1 in 6 is about exactly right. A level 20 bionic doctor in a sterile room should have a ~82% chance of success rate with regular medicine in A16.

I just tested with two patients myself and 12 out of 12 were successful.

MikeLemmer

I got visited by a slaver caravan today where all the non-slave items had a 200% trader type modifier. This meant it cost twice as much to buy items from them... but it also meant I could sell him items for double market value.

Is this working as intended?

Also, said caravan got wounded by a simultaneous raid. Two of its members will bleed to death within a day. Between that and being able to assault other bases now, I'd like a way to bandage wounds in the field.

Tynan

Quote from: MikeLemmer on December 16, 2016, 11:03:13 PM
I got visited by a slaver caravan today where all the non-slave items had a 200% trader type modifier. This meant it cost twice as much to buy items from them... but it also meant I could sell him items for double market value.

Is this working as intended?

Maybe. I'll have to check. Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Alenerel

Idk if its intended but you can administer drugs to animals in the operation list, like luciferium and go juice.

On the same topic, it would be nice if we could install peg legs to the animals.

Srekel

My cat died early on and he was mourned with a -8 modifier for what seemed like a very long time.

I've personally lost pets and mourned them greatly but after a while the sadness all but goes away and you just have the good memories.

Given how easy it is for pets to accidentally die to a stray snake, it's almost not worth the risk from a purely gamey point of view. (Of course that's not going to stop me from having pets in RimWorld but...)

Yoso

Quote from: Alenerel on December 17, 2016, 03:43:41 AM
Idk if its intended but you can administer drugs to animals in the operation list, like luciferium and go juice.

On the same topic, it would be nice if we could install peg legs to the animals.

I hope to god that's intended because giving Wargs combat drugs is great.

MikeLemmer

So... is there any particular reason rat corpses weigh 10kg, aka 20lbs?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Pushover

Is kind words having the potential to cause a social fight an intended thing? You can justify it as 'feeling patronized' or something, but it seems unintentional, or could use better explanation.

Someone posted this on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5iqmty/i_dont_take_kindly_to_your_kindness/