Show us your colony [Mega Thread]

Started by Celthric Aysen, April 06, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Panzer

Haha, keeping the wood ready for the infamous solar flare ;D

RemingtonRyder

thetj

Here is my baby, The Valley of the Wind! (cause most of the power comes from a crazy wind-farm)

It's been 1547 days on Phoebe Rough, with dashes of Randy extreme here and there. Notice the entertainment room (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2gNws0bLLfXMnFtQU5US1RHVzg&authuser=0), and the main entrance choke point (mainly for XXL raids of any sort- if it is mechanoids I have EMP granades and rocket launchers placed for emergency use).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2gNws0bLLfXNE92Y0laX0JvdDg&authuser=0
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2gNws0bLLfXLVZHZFVNcG05emM&authuser=0

The nice thing about playing on Phoebe is that I can dispense with my kill-boxes and fight the raiders on equal numbers and on the field, using the terrain as cover. Pretty nice.

Thoughts?

[attachment deleted due to age]

TLHeart

Panzer

Alright here we go, welcome to Bingo Beach ;D

Diarmuhnd

Hello. I've been playing RimWorld since A5, but I was one of those stalker types. So without further ado let me show you my 1st colony since I came back for A11f.

Note: since it was my 1st game since coming back from an extended cryptosleep. I picked Cassandra Classic on extreme difficulty, on a lush/forested Mountain map with an all year growing cycle. For factions I re-spawned the world to until I had 2 settler settlements, 2 pirates and 1 tribal.

My landing site was in a valley between a lone mountain to the west and a large border hugging mountain, I didn't take any screen shots of my early base so I can only show the finished base near the end of year 2.  The exact location of my landing was where the food paste machine is located. (note: its never been used for meals, only as a storage bin for 2 of the 3 food prep stations built.)

I thought I watched a youtube vid on how to add screenshots to my post, but obviously it does not work so I added the 3 attachments and will go back to trying to figure out how to do this like everyone else. grrr.

i'll be back to edit this post when I've figured it out so I can edit it.

edit: if anyone could point me at a link that explains how I can add my screenshots so there better would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Delekhan

Here's one (with quite a few hardcore mode mods active), over 2 years in.

cuproPanda

My most recent colony. Average beauty is ~12 indoors. Mods at bottom

More images found at: http://imgur.com/a/00AID

1st image: The base after a few months. I started with 5 people
2nd image: Colony after about a year. Just finished taking out a raid
3rd image: Newest version colony. Most research is done, everything I can think to build is built, and starting on GlitterWorld Tech
4th image: Closeup of storage, crafting, joy, and meat freezer. I had to build an external freezer because I was being overrun by muffalo
5th image: Closeup of bedrooms, main freezer, kitchen/dining, medical, and prison.

Mods used(some may be disabled):
A10 Nappa v1
A10 Rack em Stack em v1
AdvancedLamps
AlphaMuffalo1.7
AnimuHair
Apothecarius
AutoHuntBeacon
BeanTekRefrigeratedFoodStorage
BetterInspection
Bulk_Meals
CaveworldFlora
Clutter
CombatRealism
Common
Core
CrashLanding
EdBInterface
EdBModOrder
EdBPrepareCarefully
Embrasures 1.4
EMP pistol
ERT 1.6- ResearchConsole
ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering
FastFloors
Finer Things
FishIndustry
FloorLights
Front NPD
Glassworks
GlitterTech
Hedges 1.1
Hospitality
Icons
Icons_install.txt
LessIncidentTrolling
Mannable Turrents 1.2
MD2Base-7
MD2Droids-6
MD2Fortifications-2
MD2Industry-5
MD2Manufacturing-10
MD2Power-3
MD2Storage-3
MedicineKitCrafting 1.3
MIRV Artillery 1.2
Modular Tables
More Vanilla Turrets
MoreHair
OmniEvents
OmniFactions
OmniFloors
Rimfire
Rimsenal
Rimsenal_hair
Rimsenal_Storyteller
RimWorld_ModList_100515.txt
RW_A2B
SmallWalls1.7
SpaceMeals
SurgeryExtendedAndBionics
T-compatibility.txt
T-ConditionRed
T-CoreCropTweaks
T-ExpandedCloth
T-ExpandedCrops
T-license.txt
T-MiscStuff
T-MoreBedsCloth
T-MoreBedsVanilla
T-MoreFloors
T-readme.txt
TargetPractise
TemperatureControl
TilledSoil
ToolsForHaul
Vegetable Garden v1.4
VeinMiner
Weapon Crafting + Rimfire Patch
Weapon Crafting 1.3.5
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Chonchon

We're not a bunch of scruffy castaways; we're an army goddamnit, and we will have army discipline and organization

White helmets are the infantry who man the defenses, brown power helmets are the artillerymen, brown beanies are the pioneers who repair gear and craft shells. In the back are the fully cyborged shocktroopers who leave the fort to assault the enemy directly. We have chefs and surgeons in the support crew.

Captain Meyers commands the Company, Lieutenants Coff and Stella command platoons A and B, and Commissar McClain enforces discipline with an iron fist.

This is The Rock. It is built into a coastal cliff and is protected by a line of plasteel machine gun bunkers. The field hospital has firing holes cut into it and spare machine guns in case we need to fight a heroic last stand.

120mm cannons are important for anti mechanoid action

All of this seems like overkill right?

WRONG. THIS IS OUR AVERAGE TUESDAY MORNING.

AusTLaiN

Dive

Chonchon, now I really want to see the aftermath of this fight :D Hauling micromanagement must be fun :)

Chonchon

An enormous swarm of alien monsters has arrived. Platoon A greets it with a barrage of machine gun and cannon fire.

This is no minor incursion. This is a major assault by the xeno hive mind. The troops are fully mobilized and rushed to battle. The Rock has begun spitting a wall of plasma and lead.

The aliens have gotten close enough. They vomit globs of flaming bile and volleys of razor sharp spikes, forcing my men from their posts.

The gate cannon magazines have detonated, killing private Danil and destroying one of the bunkers. The aliens have a way into The Rock.

Xeno melee forms swarm in over the ruins of the bunker. Shocktrooper swordsmen rush to meet them.

With superhuman strength and reflexes, the shocktroopers slay dozens of aliens. It's not enough. There are hundreds.

Perimeter defenses have collapsed. The defenders pull back to secondary defensive positions. There is no time to rescue the wounded.

The aliens rush through the gates and are funneled into two killing zones. They have taken more than 60% casualties so far.

The battle rages for hours at a stalemate. Slowly but surely, the aliens are reduced to a pitiful handful. Captain Meyers orders a charge to drive the aliens out of the fort.

The battle is won, but more than half of the company, including almost the entire shocktrooper brigade, have lost their lives. The surgeons work overtime treating severe burns and removing poisoned spikes. The defenses must be repaired, and new recruits trained and equipped. The next attack will come within three days.

Adamiks

Wow :o These are amazing, Chonchon! Do you can upload your modpack? ^^
If no i just want these aliens ;D