"...has incorrectly formatted target version "Unknown"."?

Started by Bludragon, December 20, 2016, 02:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bludragon

"...For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.15.1284</targetVersion>"

I have a whole slew of these in my debug window for:

Animal Feed Trough V1.1 A15
Mod Barn Stall V1.0 A15
Boomrat launcherA9(this one might be out of date)
Cobblestone Floors A15
DeepCoreMiner
DeepCoreMiner-GlitterTechAddon
DeepCoreMiner-StoneAddon
Electric Wall Torch Mod V1.0 A15
Fireplace Mod V1.7 A15
Mamuffalo V1.02 A15
More Vanilla Turrets1.7.5A15
PackMuffalo
Rikiki's Miscellaneous
RWAutoSell_v1118_A15c
TimerSwitches_3
TradingSpot.1.0.6
Turrets+
Wall Torch Mod V1.1 A15

I just installed the game on my work computer and DL'd these mods to pick and choose from. Not all that I DL'd are giving this message. I tried putting the suggested <targetVersion>0.15.1284</targetVersion> into the "Building_AnimalFeedTrough"dotxml document in the defs/ThingDefs folder of the animal feed trough mod but that didn't work. So.... now what?

harpo99999

the version line goes into the about.xml  in the about folder for the mod, then the mod(s) should not give that error

Bludragon

lol no wonder it didn't work, wrong file!

Thanx!

why on earth are these doing this all of a sudden though? I pretty much have all the same ones on my comp at home and this didn't happen there.

was there a change in the game itself, perhaps?

Edit: ok so i got the right file this time, but it has the right target version in it already:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModMetaData>
  <name>Animal Feed Trough V1.1</name>
  <author>BaconBits</author>
  <targetVersion>0.15.1284</targetVersion>
  <description>An feed trough to store hay, kibble for animal use.</description>
</ModMetaData>

harpo99999

the mod structure should be {mod name}(folder) containing folders {about}{defs}...
if the folder structure is {mod archive name}{mod name}{about}..., then you will get the error, the quick fix is to move the {mod name} folder(and contents) up to the {mods} folder then delete the {mod archive name} folder

Bludragon

ok that appears to be the problem, not sure how it got like that but i can fix it!  ;D

Tammabanana

Quote from: Bludragon on December 20, 2016, 06:21:42 PM
ok that appears to be the problem, not sure how it got like that but i can fix it!  ;D

Sometimes it happens because of the way a mod was zipped up, I think.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Bludragon

Tammabanana

Quote from: Bludragon on December 22, 2016, 10:17:51 PM
could be...
I unzipped them all the same way

It's the original zipping up that does it. Sometimes the zip itself has the extra layer.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo