Why this game never go on sale

Started by gormack82, December 23, 2016, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thyme

Quote from: niklas7737 on December 24, 2016, 10:58:58 AM
[...] since the developers don't seem to consider their game worth its price. [...]
That is exactly the reason why I don't understand sales. At all! Sales always give me the feeling that a product isn't worth the normal price. (this accounts for every product that comes to your mind: games, lettuce, furniture, wine). Wine-maker talking here: You won't ever get a sale on our wine. It's worth its price, otherwise we would sell it for less. You might get a discount if you buy often tho, but that's a different story ;)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

viperwasp

If Rimworld ever goes on sale I hope it's long after the final release. But even if it never goes on sale there is nothing wrong with that. If the time comes were Rimworld is no longer bringing in any income worth while.(Years from now.) Then a sale allows more people to buy the game that may not buy it at full price. And those people who do buy it on sale will suddenly tell there friends and family about the game and then more people will buy it on sale or even at full price once the sale ends. 

So sales don't always mean that the product is not worth full price. If Tynan moves onto another game and Rimworld no longer has any updates or any real income at that time I don't see why a sale should not happen. However at the end of the day sale or not the game is obviously worth full price and it's almost always going to get new buyers for a long time to come.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

BugPowderDust

I've had 7 emails in the last 24 hours, telling me a game on my wishlist is on sale. This is why we expect sales, because they happen a lot on Steam

I have paid full price for RW, and I'd recommend people who are undecided do the same and not wait on the off-chance it goes on sale.