[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flimflamshabam

Well honestly the wooden foot and various bandaids are the biggest Neolithic or "basic" prosthetics of value, the bandaids for removing the rather annoying -15 social penalty for being disfigured (honestly disfigured needs its own tweaks why does a small scratch on a colonists nose cause such a harsh penalty)

As for the wooden foot it doesn't cause the same speed penalty as a whole peg leg, and if its only the foot that's damaged seems a shame to cut off the whole leg. Similar issue with say the hook hand, if a colonist has a broken hand why amputate the whole arm? Although aside from having an army of colonists looking like Pirates the hook hand is rather out of place in a tribal setting and it would be more appropriate to wait till you start researching Medieval technology which is where I think the "Simple" Prosthetics should be repositioned on the research scale, since they still offer less than 100% efficiency but better usually better than a peg leg or hook hand. Again I feel that because of the way they seem to work they make sense as like poseable mannequin limbs which shouldn't be locked behind highly industrialized research. At the very least Hand and Foot seperate prosthetics from whole arm or leg seem logical and helpful if you don't want every colonist hobbling around on two peg legs with two hook hands and two eyepatches, then use adogsaid to have four peglegged alpacas as mounts for everyone...

<_ <
> _>

I haven't myself noticed much in the way of cluttered surgeries but then i only ever keep one or two prosthetics in stock and only when they're needed. I agree the ribs don't quite fit and those do clutter things up. the eyepatch/earbandage/goldeneye or even the metal arm seeing as none of these particularly require surgery to install (save maybe the metal arm since the real arm would be in the way, assuming it wasn't ripped off) could potentially be more of a clothing item or something but the game lacks an indepth clothing system to differentiate left eye from right eye from head and so on.

Plus this is funny

gendalf

- I'm getting bionic animal parts after simple prosthetics research, instead of bionics research.

Why do all animal parts require plasteel? what is the good source of plasteel? and can I send caravans to mine and bring back steel from other cells?
Why no simple human ear? :P It looks like there're a lot more parts I can make for the animals compared to humans.

Rah

Quote from: gendalf on February 14, 2017, 07:50:44 AM
- I'm getting bionic animal parts after simple prosthetics research, instead of bionics research.

Why do all animal parts require plasteel? what is the good source of plasteel? and can I send caravans to mine and bring back steel from other cells?
Why no simple human ear? :P It looks like there're a lot more parts I can make for the animals compared to humans.

Thanks for pointing that out gendalf. Apparently the last change I did to this file did not register. It should be good now though. Most simple parts don't cost plasteel anymore, but the steel cost has been raised. Bionic parts require bionic research, the same as for humans.

@flimflam, I agree with you that feet and legs should be separated more, and in the early game for tribals the only thing available is the peg leg, which is lame if you've only lost a foot. I will probably bring back a wooden foot on par with the peg leg. As for the eye patches and the debuff; it wouldn't make much sense to add that in since all destroyed parts give that debuff. If I'm going to make a fix for the disfigured debuff the vanilla game gives I'll probably make some real bandage in the form of clothes that you apply to destroyed parts, but I have not decided on that yet.

Rah

A Dog Said patch updated. apparently the last change did not register.

*Removed some plasteel requirements for simple parts, and increased regular steel req. Bionic parts now require Bionics research, the same as for humans.

ximen

What's the difference between the Lite version and the normal?
Also, what happens if I replace the usual EPOE with this one, and then decide to load a save?

Rah

Quote from: ximen on February 14, 2017, 06:05:58 PM
What's the difference between the Lite version and the normal?
Also, what happens if I replace the usual EPOE with this one, and then decide to load a save?

hi ximen, it's described in the extras section. The LITE version has the cost reduced on most items, so you'll be able to make more bionic parts. Otherwise it's the same as the main hardcore version. With regards to your second question, that could cause problems, but you could try to delete the items that were removed in this mod with the dev tool, if you have them laying around or installed on your colonists. Then it might work.

Rah

1.57 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Added Neurostimulator implant after a lot of requests. Restores/enhances consciousness. Also comes with negative side effects.
* Added Wooden foot, mainly for tribal players. Requires no research.
* Curing old scars now costs 2 glitterworld medicine. (still 1 in the LITE version)

--------------
hotfix to LITE version. everything should work now.

ruyan

Hey guys,

thanks Rah for making this, it has been loads of fun on my first ever Rimworld run!
So I've been finally wiped by RNC and wanted to up my mod game for my second run and came across the RimFactions mod, they provide a EPOE fix here, but I had to realize, that it's for the non hardcore version and if possible I would rather stick with yours.
So I've looked at the files and saw that there are some references to stuff you took out and tried to fix them myself, but had to realize that I lack the specific understanding on how things work.
Before I dig any deeper and spend hours trial and error-ing my way through the def files, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask someone to give me advice on what has changed from the original and what to look out for.
Of course if someone would rather do the edits themself instead of explaining it to someone without any modding experience at all, you'd be my new personal hero for the day (maybe two)! :)

Oh and if someone has a mod tip that goes along well with EPOE, please let me know!

Cheers, first post, loving this community so far! <3

Jovus

Would the existent Combat Realism EPOE patch work also for this EPOE version? That's the main thing that kept me from adopting HC EPOE for this run.

I don't see anything in the patch that would obviously cause incompatibility, since it's dealing with pawn parts rather than items, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask someone more familiar with the mod.

Rah

Quote from: Jovus on February 16, 2017, 02:02:26 PM
Would the existent Combat Realism EPOE patch work also for this EPOE version? That's the main thing that kept me from adopting HC EPOE for this run.

I don't see anything in the patch that would obviously cause incompatibility, since it's dealing with pawn parts rather than items, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask someone more familiar with the mod.

That patch should work for both versions.

Quote from: ruyan on February 16, 2017, 01:46:13 PM
Hey guys,

thanks Rah for making this, it has been loads of fun on my first ever Rimworld run!
So I've been finally wiped by RNC and wanted to up my mod game for my second run and came across the RimFactions mod, they provide a EPOE fix here, but I had to realize, that it's for the non hardcore version and if possible I would rather stick with yours.
So I've looked at the files and saw that there are some references to stuff you took out and tried to fix them myself, but had to realize that I lack the specific understanding on how things work.
Before I dig any deeper and spend hours trial and error-ing my way through the def files, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask someone to give me advice on what has changed from the original and what to look out for.
Of course if someone would rather do the edits themself instead of explaining it to someone without any modding experience at all, you'd be my new personal hero for the day (maybe two)! :)

Oh and if someone has a mod tip that goes along well with EPOE, please let me know!

Cheers, first post, loving this community so far! <3

hi ruyan, I manage a lot of patches for alien races at the moment, so I'm hesitant to adopt another one. But if the author of Rimfactions is willing to manage a EPOE Hardcore patch I can certainly make one and give it to him.

Rah

1.58 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Removed glitterworld cures for old scars. Temporary at the moment, as I try to find a solution to a big balance issue.
* Corrected problem with neurostimulator. Now properly restores consciousness to brain damaged colonists.

AngleWyrm

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Rah

Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 18, 2017, 06:22:04 PM
Suggestion: Cybernetic Brain Chips
Might make a fine addition to this mod

Hi anglewyrm, I think that sounds pretty similar to the neurotrainer in vanilla. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Rah

1.59 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Added back in: Old scars and gunshot wounds can now be cured with glitterworld medicine again, except for brain scars.
(Huge thanks to Haplo for his help.)

Enjoy !

gendalf

can dementia be cured?

suggestions:
- Add ability to remove or speed up removal of addictions.
- Require regular medicine for low damage scars (after research) (in lite at least)
- Make something with fingers, kinda silly to remove the whole foot when you're just missing a toe.