[1.3] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 (Feb 5th, 2022)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 [Rimworld 1.3 / Royalty / Ideology DLC]

Hello fellow rimworlders ! This mod aims to enrich the bionics and surgery gameplay as much as possible, without being intrusive to the vanilla experience. While originally intended to be a streamlined and 'improved' version of Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering, which it still is to some degree, it is now also a standalone and complete medical mod. This mod features all kinds of prostheses and bionic parts, bone repairs and scar healing surgeries, for your needs.

Your colonists will, however, struggle for a while if they lose limbs or become severely crippled in the early game, until you manage to craft the rare and expensive bionic parts. You can still make simple prostheses and repair shattered bones relatively fast after researching it, but the resource cost is quite high for most things. Peg legs, wooden feet and dentures are of course always available for free. ;-) Early colony life was never easy !

- Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion: The normal version is a bit more 'fair', in terms of resource costs, compared to the Hardcore Edition. Great for medium difficulties, especially on Randy and Phoebe. Link below.
- RBSE Hardcore Edition: This version has higher resource costs, and is therefore best suited for players who are looking for a bigger challenge. Works great on the harder difficulties, especially with Cassandra. Link below.

-- RBSE is a standalone bionics and surgery mod. Do not install RBSE with EPOE --

Main features:

- Bionic Workbench: craft an array of bionic prostheses. (simple parts available at a machining table)
- Advanced Medical Station: craft advanced bionic prostheses, synthetic organs and brain implants.
- Bone repairs for femurs, tibias etc. (spinal fusion included)
- Old scars and gunshot wounds can be cured with Glitterworld medicine after research. (brain scars must be cured in other ways)
- Cures for Frailty, Sleeping sickness, Muscle parasites, Mechanites, Gut worms and other infections. (Late game tech)
- All bionic parts cost quite a bit of resources, mainly in plasteel and components. (ex: 1 bionic arm costs 80 plasteel and 6 components..)
- Most simple prosthetic parts cost steel and components. (ex: 1 simple prosthetic arm costs 120 steel and 4 components.)
- Balanced bionic parts: Decked out bionic pawns are powerful, but not game breakingly overpowered.
- Organ rejection system for natural organ transplants. (vanilla friendly) (can be toggled on/off in mod settings)
- Organs need refrigeration to avoid rot and decay.
- 3 new chronic diseases: Chronic kidney disease, congenital heart defect, chronic stomach disorder.
- 3 new brain implants for the late game. Enhancing effects and brain disease / damage cures.
- Bionics and surgery research tree with its own research tab.
- 3 implant colors: Light blue for simple parts, blue for bionics and purple for advanced parts.
- Medicine and Glitterworld Medicine have original red colors from A16.
- White textures for Royalty parts to better fit the medical theme.
- Death Acidifiers can be removed after researching Advanced Bionics.
- More subtle graphics for Bionic and Archotech eye.
- Redundancy kept to a minimum.
- Bug fixes and balance work.

EXTRAS:
- RBSE parts spreadsheet: All RBSE part values.
- Rah's Vanilla Turrets Expansion: New rebalanced turret mod for Rimworld 1.3 with 9 strong turrets for the mid and late game !
- A Dog Said Link: 100% compatible with RBSE, no patch needed.
- Alien race patches available on the forum or steam.
- Hardcore Armors: Advanced power armor mod for 1.3.

DOWNLOADS:

Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - 2.9 (STEAM WORKSHOP)

RBSE Hardcore Edition - 2.9 (STEAM WORKSHOP)

Big thanks to Ykara for his EPOE mod, Minus for his Extended Surgery mod, and kaptain_kavern and Aristocat for some of the coding / inspiration. Also thanks to all the people who have offered feedback and suggestions. And a big thanks to Haplo and K for their dll files.

Translations:

- Special thanks to Ghrull for the SPANISH translation
- Special thanks to Well for the RUSSIAN translation
- Special thanks to AmUnRA for the GERMAN translation
- Special thanks to Duduluu for the CHINESE translation
- Special thanks to MilSu-UpZa for the KOREAN translation
- Special thanks to Jozay for the FRENCH translation
- Special thanks to Cpl.Hicks for the POLISH translation

If you like this mod, don't hesitate to give it a thumbs up ! And if you're feeling generous, feel free to donate a coffee in the link above ! Enjoy <3

Changelog:

3.2 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Luciferium now also cures RBSE chronics.
* Joywire and panstopper require neuroscience research.

3.1 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Updated for Rimworld 1.4

3.0 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* New research node; Nanomedicine. Can cure Frailty, Sleeping sickness, Muscle parasites, Mechanites, Gut worms and other infections.
* Neurostimulator has no negative side effects. Cures dementia, alzheimer's and brain damage.

2.9 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Royalty research nodes now match better with RBSE research.
* Death acidifiers can now be removed after researching Advanced bionics.

2.8 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Updated for 1.3 and Ideology.

2.7 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Changed synthetic liver to part efficiency instead of an offset
* Made patch file for new chronic illnesses to eliminate potential mod conflict. (thanks to Kopp)

2.6 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Updated for 1.2

2.5 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Now possible to install bought / found bionics with less research.
* Minor stat tweaks.

2.4 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Updated for 1.1. Compatible with Royalty DLC.
* Balance changes and minor tweaks.
* New bionic parts textures to match their vanilla counterparts.
* New white textures for Royalty parts to better fit the medical theme.

2.3 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Neurostimulator buff; now no longer gives mental breaks.
* Joywire and Painstopper are now cheaper to make.

2.2 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* New market values.
* Balance work and fixes.
* Removed synthetic organ adaption. (conflicted with rez. serum)
* Fixed bug where smithing recipes would be set to crafting.
* Bionic tables now glow.

2.1 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Included mod settings button for RBSE.
* Can now toggle on/off active organ rejection.

2.0 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Updated for Rimworld 1.0 !
* Simple prosthetic parts can now be made at the Machining table after researching Anatomy and physiology.
* Anatomy and physiology research now requires only Machining research.
* Power claw can now be made after Bionics research.
* Balance work and fixes.

1.91 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* New workbench textures !
* 2 new brain implants: Hyporegulator and Cortexaugmentor.
* Bionic parts no longer require simple prosthetics parts.
* Balance tweaks to market prices and recipes.
* RBSE Lite Edition is now the normal version.

1.9 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for B19.
* 3 new chronic diseases added: Chronic kidney disease, congenital heart defect, chronic stomach disorder.
* Vanilla prosthetics and bionics implemented into mod.
* Advanced and synthetic parts now require advanced components.
* Adaption system added for synthetic organs.
* Added ribcage repair.
* Added hook hand. Available through Smithing research.
* Vanilla prosthetic heart disabled.
* Archotech parts cannot be crafted, just like in vanilla.
* Spanish translation added. (thanks to Ghrull !)
* Balance tweaks.

1.83 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Advanced bionic eyes added back in. Read forum post for more info.
* Advanced bionic item boxes are now dark purple.
* Russian translation added !

1.82 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Tweaks to power arms; now more viable with better dps.
* Removed advanced bionic eye due to shooting accuracy nerf in vanilla.

1.81 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Added more bone repair options(spinal fusion, humerus, radius, tibia, femur)
* Artificial bones can be used to repair most bones.
* Slight buff to the neurostimulator.
* Tweaks to organ rejection.

1.8 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for B18.

1.72 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Pawns will now keep working at the workbenches if forced to.
* Frostbite cure now available after researching Regenerative medicine.
* Scar healing cost reduced to 3 glitterworld medicine in the hardcore version.
* Corrected some values for the synthetic stomach, lungs and bionic jaw.
* Corrected some values for the synthetic stomach, lungs and bionic jaw.
* Slight tweak to surgery success chance.

1.71 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Small nerfs to advanced bionic spines and exoskeleton.
* Updated Korean translation and fixed other language issues.

1.7 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Updated for A17 !
* New organ rejection system ! (natural organs)
* New research: Organ transplantation. (natural organs)
* Natural Organs will now rot away if not refrigerated.
* Synthetic Organs, although more durable, will eventually decay unless refrigerated.
* Hyperweave frequency increased to very rare, from almost non-existent in A17.
* Medicine and Glitterworld Medicine have original red colors.
* New item box colors for bionic parts and synthetic organs.
* All RBSE research moved to new tab: Bionics and Surgery.
* All parts will now deteriorate normally if outside/unroofed.
* Tweaks to balance/costs and textures.

1.62 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Balance work; resource costs, market values, surgery time.

1.61 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Curing scars and old wounds now has its own research; Regenerative medicine.
* Made some research texts a bit clearer.

1.60 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* NEW MOD NAME !
* New workbench textures !

1.59 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Added back in: Old scars and gunshot wounds can now be cured with glitterworld medicine again, except for brain scars.
(Huge thanks to Haplo for his help.)

1.58 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Removed glitterworld cures for old scars. Temporary at the moment, as I try to find a solution to a big balance issue.
* Corrected problem with neurostimulator. Now properly restores consciousness to brain damaged colonists.

1.57 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Added Neurostimulator implant after a lot of requests. Restores/enhances consciousness. Also comes with negative side effects.
* Added Wooden foot, mainly for tribal players. Requires no research.
* Curing old scars now costs 2 glitterworld medicine. (still 1 in the LITE version)

1.56 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Corrected research placement paths (thanks to Mehni for pointing it out)
* Corrected small visual duplicate glitch with vanilla parts.
* Peg legs and dentures are now in light blue, same as simple parts.
* Slight increase to component cost for some advanced parts.

1.55 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Cleaned up files and version numbers.
* New Preview image for the mod.
* Mod added to Steam workshop.
* Slightly lowered bionic research costs to vanilla numbers.
* Corrected market values, and increased resource cost on synthetic organs.
* Workbenches now take more time to build

1.54 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Rebalanced surgery success chance factors. Explained further on page 10 in the forum thread. (red writing)

1.53 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Can now repair shattered clavicles (10 plasteel), ribs (30 steel) and sternums (40 steel) naturally.
* Fixed bug where pawns could install available bionic parts without research.
* Artificial pelvis cost slightly reduced.

1.52 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Will continue updates without luciferium suppression from now on. not 100% happy with it after a lot of testing.

1.51 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Slight cost reduction on artificial nose and bionic ear.
* Removed natural eye, ear, nose and jaw harvest to enhance the importance of the bionic parts, and because of redundancy. (page 8 for explanation)
* Synthetic stomach now gives bonus to metabolism.

1.5 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Workbenches can now be moved/reinstalled.
* Added back rebalanced Luciferium suppression drug. Can only be obtained by crafting late game. Lasts over 30 days, with
reduced luciferium bonuses. Costs approx. half the price compared to luci dosages, and gives a small mood bonus.
* Bionic jaw now gives a bonus to eating.
* Natural limbs can be harvested and installed. Can break balance and be buggy, but included as an addon file.

1.41 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Removed Luciferium suppression until further balancing/testing can be done.

1.4 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Several balance tweaks and fixes
* Luciferium suppression drug now available;can be crafted after research. Gives users long term relief. (not a cure)

1.3 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Small nerf to some bionic part bonuses. ex. advanced bionic arm manipulation down to 30% from 35%.

1.21 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Hotfix; corrected bionic hand surgery error where you needed 3 bionic hands to start surgery.
* Fixed small issue with surgery success

1.2 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Rebalanced market values on bionic parts
* Increased work time for bionic parts
* Reduced cost (mainly plasteel) for bionic parts. ex: 1 bionic arm is now 180 plasteel, 6 comp, 1 simple arm

1.1 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Balance work and minor fixes
* Bionic surgeries require slightly more medicine
* Some bionic parts require slightly more components. ex: 1 bionic arm req 300 plasteel, 8 components, 1 simple prosthetic arm

Kapun

Why remove eye patches and wooden feet?
Eye patches remove disfigured penality in social relationships.
Wooden foot is usefull if you have a guy who lost a foot but you don't won't to remove the whole leg to install a peg leg.

Why remove surrogate organs?
They are usefull if you can't get a natural organ but you are unable to make synthetic organs because of research or crafting cost.

Otherwise-great!

Rah

Quote from: Kapun on December 27, 2016, 03:10:37 PM
Why remove eye patches and wooden feet?
Eye patches remove disfigured penality in social relationships.
Wooden foot is usefull if you have a guy who lost a foot but you don't won't to remove the whole leg to install a peg leg.

Why remove surrogate organs?
They are usefull if you can't get a natural organ but you are unable to make synthetic organs because of research or crafting cost.

Otherwise-great!

Hey Kapun. I removed the really basic stuff like golden eyes and wooden feet to declutter the mod a bit, and because I felt like they didn't really contribute that much to the game. With regards to the surrogate stuff; I wanted to keep the integrity of the natural organ concept intact. I feel like the early colony life should be hard on the colonists. If you can't hunt down an organ, then maybe your colonist will die.

Later in the game, you do get access to very advanced synthetic organs though, which require Hyperweave and plasteel.

Hope you like it if you decide to try it out. Feel free to give more feedback !

Didact04

Idk, I consider being able to walk as if I have partial use out of the one leg I have no foot on to contribute to my colony significantly. Same with not having to pay premiums on trade of wait thrice as long to recruit people if I have no eye or ear.

Hikurac

- Workbenches reduced down to 2
- All bionic parts now cost a lot more resources, mainly in plasteel and components.
- Vancidium and advanced components removed.
- EPOE mod traders removed. Keeping it vanilla and hard.
- Old scars and gunshot wounds can be cured with glitterworld medicine. 1 medicine per injury.

This is great. Less odd clutter and more difficulty, given how easy it was to get a bionic army before. Great changes my friend, although the eye patches did have a decent purpose, in my opinion. Did a working leg and wooden foot have increased mobility over a peg leg? If not, then I don't see a need to include it.

Rah

Quote from: Didact04 on December 27, 2016, 03:22:39 PM
Idk, I consider being able to walk as if I have partial use out of the one leg I have no foot on to contribute to my colony significantly. Same with not having to pay premiums on trade of wait thrice as long to recruit people if I have no eye or ear.

Hi Didact04. You can research the simple prosthetics relatively fast, but I feel like the early colony life should be pretty rough on the colonists. However, if people really want some of the primitive stuff back, I might consider that for sure.

Serenity

The only annoying thing with eye patches and wooden feet is that you constantly get them in supply pods. And that installing an eye patch is an operation

Rah

Quote from: Hikurac on December 27, 2016, 03:31:45 PM
- Workbenches reduced down to 2
- All bionic parts now cost a lot more resources, mainly in plasteel and components.
- Vancidium and advanced components removed.
- EPOE mod traders removed. Keeping it vanilla and hard.
- Old scars and gunshot wounds can be cured with glitterworld medicine. 1 medicine per injury.

This is great. Less odd clutter and more difficulty, given how easy it was to get a bionic army before. Great changes my friend, although the eye patches did have a decent purpose, in my opinion. Did a working leg and wooden foot have increased mobility over a peg leg? If not, then I don't see a need to include it.

Thanks Hikurac. With a peg leg they get like 50% mobility total I believe, and with a wooden foot you get slightly more if I remember correctly. If enough people beg to get them back, I might reconsider ! Nothing is set in stone. ;)

Rah

quick hotfix to simple prosthetics

- simple prosthetics now only require steel and components. ex: 1 arm req: 130 steel and 3 components.

QuoteThe only annoying thing with eye patches and wooden feet is that you constantly get them in supply pods. And that installing an eye patch is an operation

Yeah, it's a bit funny that you have to lay down and have surgery to put on an eye patch. :p

Love

Headshotkill

To be honest, a wooden foot sounds sorta strange, have never heard of it IRL.
Maybe ad crutches instead?

Then again, crutches would impair manipulation so maybe for balance it's not a good idea?

Love

Also, I recommend some other form of rebranding other than 'Hardcore'. One would imply it's simply a difficulty change but it does a lot more than that.

Will traders still randomly have a chance to have prosthetics for sale or did you remove that completely?

Rah

Quote from: Love on December 27, 2016, 04:22:06 PM
Also, I recommend some other form of rebranding other than 'Hardcore'. One would imply it's simply a difficulty change but it does a lot more than that.

Will traders still randomly have a chance to have prosthetics for sale or did you remove that completely?

Hi Love (nice name;). I did consider naming it something like "Overhaul","Revisited" etc, but I figured "Hardcore" matched what I was trying to do quite well. Rimworld is supposed to be pretty unforgiving. This mod tries to keep things hard and blend in with the vanilla game.

The EPOE traders were removed, although all the parts can show up on the vanilla traders.

QuoteAny chance of doing an A Dog Said No Crafting patch?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734709234
I'll look into that.

Adalah217

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! I think I will miss the wooden foot, but I agree with you on every other aspect of the mod (including removing the golden eye and eye patch).

Hope you look into A Dog Said version of your mod, although I think it's largely unnecessary

Love

Quote from: Adalah217 on December 27, 2016, 05:06:13 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! I think I will miss the wooden foot, but I agree with you on every other aspect of the mod (including removing the golden eye and eye patch).

Hope you look into A Dog Said version of your mod, although I think it's largely unnecessary
I disagree, A Dog Said pretty much gives you full access to everything right out of the gate, has its own costs and workbench, etc.

Making an addon for it would allow all those parts to be part of these workbenches and research mechanics.