[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarry

Quote from: Jenivi7 on September 28, 2018, 06:18:24 AM
Oh my god is that what childcare does?  I literally just saw that right now and one of my colonists is playing with the baby.  I assume they'll play with the toddler too once he's part of the colony again?  Lol nevermind the previous post, problem solved! 

Actually I think you have found a bug -- in beta 19 babies and toddlers can develop a tolerance to social joy. This is grossly unfair on the player since they don't have easy early game alternatives. I've patched social tolerance to not accrue for that reason. Long term, baby and toddler toys might be a good addition to the mod.

Anatares

To solve the baby/toddler joy problem once they start crawling and walking, I either research to get tube television or just save up my silver and buy a TV from the exotic goods trader when they swing by. I feel a little guilty about sticking my kids in front of a TV set all day to entertain them, it reminds me when my baby brother would watch Ice Age or The Incredibles all day on repeat, but it gets them to stop crying and rest properly at least :P

How is the B19 update jarry made working out for folks? I'm still running B18 because of this mod (basically my favourite mod & an essential one to my play now) and a couple others that won't see updates to B19 or 1.0 whenever it lands (Cupro's stones and alloys, and I'm sure some others). I may try to bugtest jarry's version of Thirite's mod if I attempt B19 again sometime soon, but I'm also plenty happy to wait for the full release.

Kirby23590

I would love to get to see this mod appear in 1.0, i would like to try and recreate a scenario of Little Lamplight ran by lost children and try building a colony in the mountains despite the infestations of bugs but i love to try that challenge on how long that colony lives...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

kiesu

Bump! Would love a 1.0 version as well, this was one of my favorite mods out there few versions ago and I miss it!

Cybermouse

Quote from: jarry on September 24, 2018, 02:11:26 PM
Quote from: PhantomFav on September 24, 2018, 10:04:21 AM
Quote from: jarry on September 23, 2018, 03:50:08 PM
Download here: https://gitlab.com/jarry1250/ChildrenAndPregnancy

My browser antivirus marks that thing as a dangerous item.

Strange. The page or the download? The download is almost identical to the B18 version of ChildrenAndPregnancy. If you need any reassurance, you can see the changes to the code I've made here:

https://gitlab.com/Thirite/ChildrenAndPregnancy/merge_requests/45/diffs

Hey jarry, I'm having an issue where the version is not recognized by the game and therefore not loading properly:

Mod ChildrenAndPregnancy-master (2) has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.19.2009</targetVersion>

However, checking the About file says the target version is written correctly and im not sure where to go from here...

Jenivi7

Quote from: jarry on September 28, 2018, 04:23:24 PM

Actually I think you have found a bug -- in beta 19 babies and toddlers can develop a tolerance to social joy. This is grossly unfair on the player since they don't have easy early game alternatives. I've patched social tolerance to not accrue for that reason. Long term, baby and toddler toys might be a good addition to the mod.

Thanks!  I'm glad it wasn't entirely something I had just missed. When I updated the mod the babies started taking care of their recreation right away.

Quote from: Anatares on September 30, 2018, 12:46:56 PM
To solve the baby/toddler joy problem once they start crawling and walking, I either research to get tube television or just save up my silver and buy a TV from the exotic goods trader when they swing by. I feel a little guilty about sticking my kids in front of a TV set all day to entertain them, it reminds me when my baby brother would watch Ice Age or The Incredibles all day on repeat, but it gets them to stop crying and rest properly at least :P

How is the B19 update jarry made working out for folks? I'm still running B18 because of this mod (basically my favourite mod & an essential one to my play now) and a couple others that won't see updates to B19 or 1.0 whenever it lands (Cupro's stones and alloys, and I'm sure some others). I may try to bugtest jarry's version of Thirite's mod if I attempt B19 again sometime soon, but I'm also plenty happy to wait for the full release.

I wish I had thought of the TV!  That seems like a good work around!  And I'm enjoying the mod a lot.  I didn't find it until recently, after B19 dropped, but aside from the recreation thing that just got a patch, jarry's version is working great for me.  And I haven't noticed any conflicts with the other mods I have installed either (of which I have way, way too many).

icedragon613

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows how to increase/decrease the chances of pregnancy in the Lovin.cs file in the mod's override folder? I found the part of the code but even after changing 0.33f to 0 the log says the impregnation chance is still 0.33.

// Check the pawn's age to see how likely it is she can carry a fetus
// 25 and below is guaranteed, 50 and above is impossible, 37.5 is 50% chance
float preg_chance = Math.Max (1 - (Math.Max (female.ageTracker.AgeBiologicalYearsFloat - 25, 0) / 25), 0) * 0.33f;

Any help would be really appreciated as I just want to tweak the chance and not use contraceptives in game.

PhantomFav

Here the only major (and almost lethal) problem with this mod after 19.0.

As you can see in the picture, after less than 10 days of life, all the jellybeans start to cry irreparably. The only possibile kinds of recreations are the social interactions and the television, so they get bored easily. The only other possible way is the chemical consumption; but I don't have to explain why this method is not recommendable...

So, unless the recreation system is abolished or revisited for babies, you will have at least 2 rim-years of deafening unstoppable cries.

[attachment deleted due to age]

izbusiness

Quote from: PhantomFav on October 10, 2018, 10:06:03 AM

As you can see in the picture, after less than 10 days of life, all the jellybeans start to cry irreparably. The only possibile kinds of recreations are the social interactions and the television, so they get bored easily. The only other possible way is the chemical consumption; but I don't have to explain why this method is not recommendable...

So, unless the recreation system is abolished or revisited for babies, you will have at least 2 rim-years of deafening unstoppable cries.

I've found an easy work-around for this! Simply just delete the crying sound effects. They may still be upset, but at least the crying has stopped lol

PhantomFav

Quote from: izbusiness on October 11, 2018, 10:29:12 PM
I've found an easy work-around for this! Simply just delete the crying sound effects. They may still be upset, but at least the crying has stopped lol

That's a slick move!

You! I like you ;D

Onasaki

I've found some weird buggery with Jecell's LOTR mods. Playing with this mod and the racial mods for dwarves and hobbits, and elves, kinda results in some weirdness with hobbits having weird double-bodies. This goes for dwarves too. Elves not so much, since elves are already super old. But there is some kind of weirdness.
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

jarry

Quote from: PhantomFav on October 10, 2018, 10:06:03 AM

Hey! I think I fixed this in response to an earlier comment, by making sure they can never get bored of social interaction. Did you try updating your version of the mod after that?

PhantomFav

Quote from: jarry on October 13, 2018, 06:33:39 AM
Hey! I think I fixed this in response to an earlier comment, by making sure they can never get bored of social interaction. Did you try updating your version of the mod after that?

I will try!

Onasaki

I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.