[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

Well, from a gameplay point of view I figured children using the same clothes as adults was just the least annoying way to do it. You don't need to make custom XXL clothing for obese colonists and such. It probably would be pretty easy to forbid apparel over a certain weight so children can't go running around in power armor-- I did something very similar with weapons already, so a child cannot use a minigun for example (at least not without hurting themselves after the first shot).

Kori

That sounds like a good solution. :)
What about compatibility when you add new bodytypes? Could this be a problem for mods like Combat Extended?

Chezzprinn

Hi Thirite, while you're active, do you know if this mod conflicts with Extended Human Body Simulation? Also, does it still not work with Psychology?

lellel

Quote from: Kori on January 26, 2019, 02:29:00 PM

Is it also a fix for the bug when thin pawns and children are wearing the same apparel?

Bug (children and thin pawns wearing the same apparel ) is fixed in this version.

https://mega.nz/#!UJlx1SCS!bNkztA8iy-qCJE8fn4XwmfkB4qn0jDdg0cyo4ZKoiWI

Thirite

Awesome work lellel!

@Chezzprinn
Sorry, never tried that mod. I can only assume it still doesn't work with Psychology as nothing has mechanically changed with the mod since B18.

Kori

Chezzprinn

Quote from: Thirite on January 26, 2019, 11:31:37 PM
Awesome work lellel!

@Chezzprinn
Sorry, never tried that mod. I can only assume it still doesn't work with Psychology as nothing has mechanically changed with the mod since B18.

Thanks for the reply! Do you know if there's a compatibility patch out there for C & P and Psychology? I can't play without either :/

Thirite

I seem to recall the only problems with Psychology were that it tried to apply adult mentality to children and babies, resulting in very bizarre and broken results. I recall suggesting to the mod author to simply put in an age check before executing its code, as many users were asking for compatibility-- and it wasn't my code causing the incompatibility, but I have no idea if they ever did.

icedragon613

@Thirite, is there an easy way to modify the pregnancy chance in the mod files? I was looking at the Lovin mod file and found a reference to the 33% chance, but even after changing the percentage from 0.33 to 0.01 for example the console in game still says 0.33 chance after every loving interaction. Been scratching my head trying to figure out how to change it for months and the latest 1.0 updates from fellow modders don't have this option either.

Thirite

Oh, you mean in the Lovin.cs file. That wouldn't change anything because that's the source code for the RimWorldChildren.dll file-- that is, all those .cs files get squashed down into a single machine-readable pile of code which ends up in the Assemblies folder. So the game doesn't actually read any of those source files, which is why it doesn't change anything. However, I'll see about adding pregnancy chance as a mod setting (edit: as well as the oft requested pregnancy gestation length).

Edit: I've added the mod settings and will be moving the mod to the Releases section soon. You can download the newest version here, or see the OP.

icedragon613

Awesome, thank you so much! It is really appreciated!
One small thing though, is it possible to lower the minimum pregnancy chance to say, 1% (0.01)? Right now the range is from 0.1 to 1.0 but 10% still may be too high especially when married pawns sleep together every night. Or if it could range from 0 to 1.0 that would be perfect.

LivedOnce

Hi there. In 1.0 "babies" for some reason are born aged 14. Is there any known mod that cause this?

Bluntflame

Kori

Quote from: LivedOnce on January 31, 2019, 10:05:24 AM
Hi there. In 1.0 "babies" for some reason are born aged 14. Is there any known mod that cause this?

Children, School and Learning?

Thirite

@icedragon613
Kori and I were chatting about this-- I'm planning to make a "disable pregnancy" option for compatibility reasons. Though if you just don't want married couples to have kids you should either just use contraceptives or sterilize one of them, rather than relying on mod options as a game mechanic.

@LiveOnced
I will look into it tonight.

@Bluntflame
CnP v0.5 has been updated to work with RimWorld v1.0 (by Cheran), a number of rendering fixes, and the addition of Mod Options to configure pregnancy chance and duration.