[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenshi~Akari

Thanks for the fixes Thirite! Just one minor thing I forgot to mention that I've been noticing, nothing gameplay-wise, just visually...

Any apparel item that's not specifically assigned as UpperHead or FullHead tends to float above where they should on children's heads. (War veil, Tribal Mask, or anything with "bodyPartGroups" set to Neck, Eyes, or Mouth like a lot of items in Apparello are. They're still positioned as if it were on an adult until kids go to a bed to lay down, then it looks normal.) Any chance to fix the graphics alignment on this part?

Thirite

Whoops, I must have mucked up breastfeeding when I added the Feed In Bed job. For now you could simply prioritize Basic over Childcare to make them Breastfeed, until I fix it.

@zitiache
Yeah, CnP always adds the ChildGrowing hediff to newborns when women give birth; however if you are using another mod that uses its own pregnancy mechanics, babies born from those pregnancies don't get the Hediff like they should.

@Tenshi~Akari
Oh, I imagine it's because I did all the Pawn Rendering stuff before those items even existed. I will have to look into that when I fix Show Hair with Hat compatibility.

zitiache

I have nothing else that provides kids, I listed all my mods earlier. I don't know if the mod list should be in a certain order, or if I updated the mod incorrectly (I just dropped the newer version of the mod into my mod folder and had it overwrite the files in the old version), or if when I updated mattered (the glitched child was the only one between 3 and 3.5 at the time), or I don't know if hediffs overwrite each other (he had gotten into the beer and had gained an alcohol tolerance). Either way, I think I fixed it manually, I added the hediff with the developer tools and adjusted the settings in the save files, and he seems to be fine now.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: zitiache on February 28, 2019, 05:03:22 PM
(I just dropped the newer version of the mod into my mod folder and had it overwrite the files in the old version)

^^ That's probably why strange stuff started happening in your game.  The safest way when updating mods is to delete the older files out of the folder. (if your one that likes to keep older versions, make backups prior to deleting). If you update via overwriting files, sometimes you'll have files that don't actually get overwritten, either because they're renamed or newly added since previous versions, so it's been suggested to always delete old contents first before inserting newer files into your mod folders to avoid that.  ;)

zitiache

okay. I went ahead and deleted it and then dropped in the newest version of the mod

icedragon613

Quote from: Thirite on February 28, 2019, 01:10:44 AM
Whoops, I must have mucked up breastfeeding when I added the Feed In Bed job. For now you could simply prioritize Basic over Childcare to make them Breastfeed, until I fix it.

I bumped up Basic to priority 1 in the Work tab with Childcare at priority 2, but my female colonist mother is still default feeding fine meals to the baby. I still have to manually select breastfeeding in order to feed the kid. No worries though, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next update!

Rocket_Raccoon

Can this be used together with children, school and learning? I think to remember that it used to be, though I could be wrong.

kiyi

Hello, curious if anyone can help me. I've been using this mod, and it appears to be fine in mod settings, but pawns never get pregnant. Even if I set pregnancy chance after lovin' to be 100%, they never do, and I'm not sure if it's a mod conflict? This is what my list looks like at the moment...

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/f1d9732b-5415-4f93-a25e-b291b185c0f4/dd1amrf-8571d2e7-6585-4e11-b098-41c6c0829ab5.png

Kids still appear in raids, and all mod items are available, so I'm not sure what is going on.

wh72

Having an issue when using this mod where colonists will refuse to do anything. The debug log is here https://git.io/fhpNq. I'm using one other mod which allows pawn traits to be altered but I don't think this would cause a conflict (I'm not really familiar with rimworld modding but this particular bug seems unrelated)

Edit: The other mod can be found here https://rim-world.com/change-dresser-mod/ . Removing it did not fix the issue
Edit 2: Changing the mod order so Hugslib came first fixed the issue, so I'm just leaving this here

Fix: Move Hugslib to the top of the mod order if you were stupid like me and didn't

LiteEmUp

so quick question, is the link on the OP version 1.0??

btw thanks and i'm glad your back thirite

SansMasterBudaa :3

Quote from: kiyi on March 04, 2019, 04:37:00 PM
Hello, curious if anyone can help me. I've been using this mod, and it appears to be fine in mod settings, but pawns never get pregnant. Even if I set pregnancy chance after lovin' to be 100%, they never do, and I'm not sure if it's a mod conflict? This is what my list looks like at the moment...

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/f1d9732b-5415-4f93-a25e-b291b185c0f4/dd1amrf-8571d2e7-6585-4e11-b098-41c6c0829ab5.png

Kids still appear in raids, and all mod items are available, so I'm not sure what is going on.
Check on options and enable developer mode, then go to a female colonist that you are sure should be pregnant,click on her, go to health option and you will see 2 options,enable: All difs (Something like that, or go to left option) and should appears pregnant (early stage).

E-102

I think theres supposed to be a 0harmonydll incruded in assemblies caus ei get an error because of it

LiteEmUp

thats weird... i installed this mod to where it should be and ingame, it is still red as if its not v1.0...

i checked the about folder and the modsync.xml is version 0.4e

RekkitRandom

How do I make a freshborn baby wear clothes? I crafted a onesie and a beanie but I can't seem to make the baby wear the clothes and stop her from freezing.

LiteEmUp

so is this working as intended??? i haven't noticed my "lovers" doing the "lovin action" even though i made a double bed for them in my 9-day old colony.. maybe coz they are also sharing room with other colonists that they are too ashamed to do it?? lol or maybe its still too early in the colony...

im about to finish a room for themselves, so i will find out if privacy is just the issue lol...

also when i was playing with this mod in b17, i played it with psychology(not sure if this or psych was on top of load order) and show hats with hair mod(this was above it on load order).. so not sure how much of incompatibility problems those 2 mods will have with C&P mod..

I also forgot to ask, so is this mod above or below the alien framework in load order?? it wasn't mentioned on OP, so i was not sure about the load order