[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiopea

Quote from: Thirite on February 02, 2017, 05:04:54 PM
I will be making babies do screaming fits when upset though, which will cause a debuff to anyone that hears it.

And maybe disable silent jaw surgery while you're at it?  ;D

Jstank

Babies will not dress in clothes and therefore are loosing their little toes and fingers to frostbite. Could you think about adding baby clothes to the mod?
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

lilymortis

Or, if coding the baby sprites to be able to wear clothes is impossible, would it be easier to change the sprites so they appear to be wearing a bodysuit and up their comfortable temperature? Slightly unrealistic but more practical.

Jstank, I keep mine inside and use a refrigerator from the Industrial objects mod so they can feed themselves.

LycanBlackpaw

Quote from: Thirite..."hurriedly make the mods compatible"...

I asked if there was an 'Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA)' on compatibility with the Alien Races framework. I didn't say you needed to work on it, nor that it should be a priority. Yet you immediately decided that, instead of simply saying "No", you would insult me for using Orassans.

That's a really dick move, and was completely uncalled for. I prefer using Orassans not because it's a "Furry" mod, as you put it, but because it adds more variety to the pawns-Once several more large race mods are released (with some content, not just a reskin of a human) I'll probably add those as well. Orassans just happens to be in that state currently.

Jstank

I like that idea. They should be wrapped in swaddling clothes permanently if it is not possible to give them clothes!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Thirite

@Jstank & lilymortis
I imagine it won't be terribly difficult to add clothes for toddlers (which can only be worn by toddlers). I didn't want to make them permanently in clothing because I'd have to detour even more methods which creates more possible mod incompatibilities.

@LycanBlackpaw
The only thing I insulted was a degenerate sexual fetish. Not my problem or interest if that triggers you.

GIFShinobi

Question about traits of babies, are they inherited? or are they gained throughout its life time as a child? Cause my pawns gave birth and one time it gave me a baby with 2 traits the other just 1.

lilymortis

Inherited I think. I've got one couple with 5 kids, they've all got the same two traits.

GIFShinobi

I don't know about that . .  cause the parents of the baby have 4 traits each and the baby was born with 1 trait.

Thirite

@s3gur0
Both. Some traits are considered genetic (eg: beauty/ugliness, psychopathy, basically all "spectrum" traits) which can be passed down from the parents, but others can be gained depending on the child's experiences when they become a teenager (eg: cannibal, green thumb, dislike for certain gender, shooting accuracy).

GIFShinobi

So i did something silly . . which was  i reloaded the game about ten times just to see if there were different results in the child's traits and all 10 reloads the only thing that changed in the child was its gender and different passions. The child's trait never changed it remained 1 and the same.

Goldenpotatoes

First playthrough where I survived long enough for a colony's couple to actually make a kid.

Almost a whole year old now, feel pretty bad for the kid though. His father is a psychopath, while his mother died in a raid while carrying the second child, a spawn of an affair with the father's rival.

Once hes able to stand on his feet, he will be my tiny cleaner. Maybe I'll have him compete with the cleaning robot for custodial superiority?

GIFShinobi

Baby was just literally born and its wandering around . . .

Thirite

@s3gur0
Weird. Looks like the "Hediff_BabyState" didn't get applied for whatever reason. If you try using the "Give birth" devmode command I'm fairly sure it won't apply it- can't imagine any other reason why it would do that. But you can still add the babystate hediff via devmode command "Add hediff -> RimWorldChildren.Hediff_BabyState -> BabyState".

Ramsis

Quote from: Thirite on February 03, 2017, 11:19:57 AM
@Jstank & lilymortis
I imagine it won't be terribly difficult to add clothes for toddlers (which can only be worn by toddlers). I didn't want to make them permanently in clothing because I'd have to detour even more methods which creates more possible mod incompatibilities.

@LycanBlackpaw
The only thing I insulted was a degenerate sexual fetish. Not my problem or interest if that triggers you.

Call it how you want to call it sport but you still sounded like a douche; just saiyan.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~