[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pboy0011

I am new to the mod so I don't know if this bug has been addressed before. My female colonists cant get pregnant. I even used the addHediff command. Also I disabled all the mods and tested it alone and it still didn't work.  Can anybody please help?

Edit: Nevermind I just have bad luck. One of my female colonist got pregnant after one in-game year. What is the percentage of pregnancy because it seems very low.

PixelBitZombie

Was looking for a mod like this about 2 weeks ago, couldn't find anything because everyone was afraid of timescaling or more. THANK YOU for taking this on, my usual rimworld experience is not enough colonist, this would be a great way to grow the colonists.

Been using it since yesterday, two women are pregnant with no births yet. So I'm excited to see how this is gonna go!
Added it to a save file already made and its working great.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Nocan

Is there any way to get this to work with Facial Stuff?

Sniper Pilot

As much as I'm a super fan of this mod. I've never gotten past the pregnancy. The brutality of rimworld.

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on June 10, 2017, 01:50:35 PM
Was looking for a mod like this about 2 weeks ago, couldn't find anything because everyone was afraid of timescaling or more. THANK YOU for taking this on, my usual rimworld experience is not enough colonist, this would be a great way to grow the colonists.

Been using it since yesterday, two women are pregnant with no births yet. So I'm excited to see how this is gonna go!
Added it to a save file already made and its working great.

KageNoOni

Quote from: Pboy0011 on June 10, 2017, 08:47:57 AMWhat is the percentage of pregnancy because it seems very low.

Not sure on exact percentages, but age is a factor.  If I start a colony with people at 20-30 years old, pregnancies happen almost immediately after the first couple forms.

Thirite

New version available - v0.2D
Changes:
- Added Japanese translation by Proxyer
- Potential fix for never-ending birth loop; looking for feedback
- Merged changes to RenderPawnInternal from A17
-- Hats don't draw in the colonist bar if defined as such in Options
-- Pawn's heads don't draw if they're missing them

NickWylsonChoucroute55120

I discovered another bug:
At the 0% level of consciousness, the person / animal does not die.  ???
Sorry, my English language is not good because I use "google translation"

Napple

So I tested it out with the humanoid alien framework and it runs without obvious red errors but the alien pawns have human heads.

Thirite

@Mathis55120
Hum, is that expected? If a pawn has max 0% consciousness they should just be comatose but alive right? I'm not aware of the normal RimWorld behaviour on this though.

@Napple
Heh, Alien Framework is not really expected to work at all with C&P at this stage. I'm in the process of converting my stuff to Harmony detours but the most important one of PawnRendering will probably be especially difficult because of how much I reworked it.

Names are for the Weak

How would you feel if somebody were to upload this mod to Steam, assuming that they credited you as the creator and made it clear that it was your mod?

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on June 13, 2017, 03:47:30 AM
How would you feel if somebody were to upload this mod to Steam

I believe this mod's quite far from complete, so I doubt Thirite would approve.

O Negative

Quote from: Thirite on June 12, 2017, 07:12:18 PM
@Mathis55120
Hum, is that expected? If a pawn has max 0% consciousness they should just be comatose but alive right? I'm not aware of the normal RimWorld behaviour on this though.
Yes, consciousness as a capacity is meant to represent general neurological function.
When a person has their consciousness maxed at 10% in the game (by anesthesia or brain damage) their ability to eat, talk, move and manipulate are all reduced to 0%.

In the xml, consciousness as a capacity should have:
<lethalFlesh>true</lethalFlesh>
AKA: When this capacity reaches 0% the pawn (if flesh) should die instantly

That's how vanilla RimWorld behavior is, anyhow :D

Thirite

@Names are for the Weak
I appreciate the honesty, but like XeoNovaDan said it's far from complete- and I don't really like Steam for various reasons. I might upload it under my own profile with a direct link to a non-DRM Locked download at the top of the description when it's v1.0 just so more players can enjoy the mod. But for now I'd prefer it be kept away from Valve's greedy little fingers.

@O Negative
Huh, imagine that. I wonder what could be causing it then. I'll have to investigate it this afternoon.

Hadley

Is there some way to make it compatible with the Headframe Mods so that Beards/Hair don't disappear if you wear Headgear?

NickWylsonChoucroute55120

@Thirite For example, when a settler reaches 100% poisoning, he does not die
Sorry, my English language is not good because I use "google translation"