[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejko

Since this mod is incompatible with Fluffy BirdsAndBees I made a patch for them. I'm uploading it for anyone who wants to use both mods.
Impregnation works and pawns have genitals you can shoot off. Just replace the assembly in BirdsAndBees with the one from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0oegc4fz9mu2es/Fluffy_BirdsAndBees%20v0.17.1.9%20%2B%20ChildrenAndPregnancy%20v0.3k%20patch.rar?dl=0

Survivalmaster

Really enjoy this mod, although it conflicts with Jec Tools, the mod is perfect! Keep it up.

TastyCookies

I'm running version 0.3k with the newest version of JecsTools and I am not experiencing any crashing at all. When do you crash? I do know that some people have problems on loading a new game and they would just enable this mod after they started their new world.

robotguy4

Quote from: Kolljak on October 20, 2017, 11:19:48 AM
Cant run this mod with jectools causes crash to desktop so i reverted back to an old version of this.
I'm running with Jectools as well. Only problem I have is sometimes my saves won't load, but usually trying to load them multiple times will eventually start up the game.

drone24

When i use this mod some animals when dieing disappear and all pawns disappear to dieing is this normal

kiesu

Quote from: Tejko on October 20, 2017, 02:48:58 PM
Since this mod is incompatible with Fluffy BirdsAndBees I made a patch for them. I'm uploading it for anyone who wants to use both mods.
Impregnation works and pawns have genitals you can shoot off. Just replace the assembly in BirdsAndBees with the one from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0oegc4fz9mu2es/Fluffy_BirdsAndBees%20v0.17.1.9%20%2B%20ChildrenAndPregnancy%20v0.3k%20patch.rar?dl=0
Wow thank you! I love B&B, so glad you made them play together nicely. This is gonna get a lot of use! From me at-least hah
Works like a charm too already tried it.

Hallahan

Diana Winters

Quote from: Hallahan on October 23, 2017, 08:48:09 PM
how do i download this mod into rimworld?
Go to your rimworld install directory, go to the "Mods" folder, and unpack the zipped file there

kkira555

Kori

Tenshi~Akari

That's under the "To Do" list. It hasn't been implemented yet.  ;)

Peachman

Hey, I'm new to the forum and tbh I dont really want to go through 62 pages, so I'm just gonna ask: How's the progress? When do you plan to release it on the steam workshop? I'm sorry if this is an often asked question^^

robotguy4

Quote from: Peachman on October 25, 2017, 03:59:17 PM
Hey, I'm new to the forum and tbh I dont really want to go through 62 pages, so I'm just gonna ask: How's the progress? When do you plan to release it on the steam workshop? I'm sorry if this is an often asked question^^

Quote from: Thirite on June 13, 2017, 10:58:34 AM
I don't really like Steam for various reasons. I might upload it under my own profile with a direct link to a non-DRM Locked download at the top of the description when it's v1.0 just so more players can enjoy the mod. But for now I'd prefer it be kept away from Valve's greedy little fingers.

EDIT:
Quote from: Walking Problem on October 19, 2017, 09:35:51 AM
Do you know how it works? I believe many of us modders who are using alien framework are interested to make it compatible to this pregnancy mod

Basically, the behavior needs to be coded which would require adding more C# to this mod.

Right now, there's a single line of code that limits the humanpregnancy hediff to be given only to human females, remove this and it allows all races to get pregnant. This isn't enough for a functioning alien pregnancy mod, as you'd have to change how the babies are spawned. I've done this (using Orassans as test subjects), but next need to modify the code responsible for setting the babies' graphics to the baby sprite. I also think that some hediffs that are usually applied to regular human babies aren't getting applied for some reason.

All this, of course, ends up with a mod that gives the new alien babies a life cycle and reproduction which is the same as a human. To allow for race modders to change this behaviour, I believe we'll have to make the C# code read a new XML file that outlines reproduction, similar to how the Alien Race Framework has its own XML file for defining alien races.

Bolty

Hi Thirite, I've been playing around with your mod over the last week or so, and I really like it!  :)

One suggestion I'd have to further make it better is maybe allowing colonists with a good research skill to teach child colonists. I think it would be a cool idea to have a classroom in your colonies somewhere.

CrowSR

did Thirite give up on this or he gonna update to a18 eventually?