[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiesu

Seconding request to convert this WIP mod to build 18. It really adds a whole new survival aspect when you need to worry about those extra mouths to feed, wont feel the same pregnancies!

Tenshi~Akari

I know there's a lot to go through with the aforementioned thread async issues & working on updates/additional content and all, so it'll be a while before a B18 version of this is ready for us to test... but just a thought on something. Not sure if this was brought up earlier in development or not, this thread is honkin' huge...

Labor process. It's a good start where it is right now, but honestly, as strange as this is going to sound, I think it would work better as the same way the heart attack hediff works. The more I play with the mod, the more I realize this one thing could be the difference on whether I get that potentially legendary weapon finished in time before the next raid....

IRL, it's more of a gradual process instead of instant shock/downing/etc., this coming from being a lady myself witnessing other ladies in the family's experiences, and even coming across an expectant mother actually on their job working while dealing with early labor contractions, as hard as it is to believe.

The instant downing with the current hediff kind of disrupts workflow a bit, especially when timing is key and you have only a handful of pawns that can do certain things. If it were instead a gradual pain process similar to the real deal, it would be a little bit more pleasant to deal with, especially if doctoring pawns are too far out on the map for rescuing expectant mothers. That, and it would give us the option of whether to let the pregnant pawn finish up what she's doing before being out of commission for a bit, or allowing a window of time for her to go to the nearest bed for herself to rest until active labor hits.

TLDR: Suggestion a for an non-tendable "Early Labor" hediff: adds pain & movement debuff (but not to the level of instantly downing the pawn), progress in stages over time until "Active Labor" hediff (which is the current labor hediff as it is now) is given during the heighten progress of the early labor hediff.

Just a thought that came up when I was exploring hediff xml files for my own mod set I'm still working on ever so slowly... not so much a "need realism" thing as it is a slightly more practical way to save time on some things when labor hits...  :)

Hoping you find a way & time to work on those other issues. I'm still playing A17 version on my other account, but missing it heavily when playing B18. Good luck!

GrimTrigger

I feel very odd playing without this mod now.  Eagerly looking forward to its update.

Eridian

My first pregnant colonist never even had her baby before B18 was released so I didn't get to try it out. I am very much hoping this gets an update.

QuantumNelly

I have a suggestion, if it's ever considered. Adoption. Not every orphan gets to grow up and be Batman, y'know? Maybe for those kids who lost their parents, whether separated or deceased, other colonists could adopt them so they can still be loved. I love this mod and have rolled back my game to A17 to keep playing it.

Heni

I am REALLY waiting this mod on B18. On A17 i have saw some stuff that is not so realistic, like children come in the raids (Will be good make some age limit to go n a raid) i saw children with 6-9 years old, maybe a chang on this will be good

Manleather_Cowboy

Quote from: Heni on November 29, 2017, 04:59:25 PM
I am REALLY waiting this mod on B18. On A17 i have saw some stuff that is not so realistic, like children come in the raids (Will be good make some age limit to go n a raid) i saw children with 6-9 years old, maybe a chang on this will be good
I think it makes sense for children to be in raids.
I mean, terrorist groups (example: the Lord's Resistance Army [Kony, anyone?] and the Warsaw Uprising) and some governments (example: The Kuomintang and the USSR) have been known to use child soldiers. I'd say a pirate gang isn't too far off.

Tribals are easy. Rites of passage, different ideas on maturity, lack of manpower... the list goes on.

The Outsiders, however, should probably not bring kids on raids (what with mostly coming from places with human rights and such). Not sure if it's even possible for a single faction to have the age restrictions, though, let alone if age restricions on raiding are even possible.

The_Fuul

Just echoing the desire for B18

Children and Pregnancy is an essential mod for any multi sit down play throughs in my opinion. Hope to see the update soon.

-Happy Hollidays
I voice act and stuff.

koltonaugust

I agree on missing this mod, now I have nothing to offer those raiders when I don't feel like fighting them  :P

Heni

Quote from: frankwest16 on November 30, 2017, 08:00:33 PM
Quote from: Heni on November 29, 2017, 04:59:25 PM
I think it makes sense for children to be in raids.
I mean, terrorist groups (example: the Lord's Resistance Army [Kony, anyone?] and the Warsaw Uprising) and some governments (example: The Kuomintang and the USSR) have been known to use child soldiers. I'd say a pirate gang isn't too far off.

Tribals are easy. Rites of passage, different ideas on maturity, lack of manpower... the list goes on.

The Outsiders, however, should probably not bring kids on raids (what with mostly coming from places with human rights and such). Not sure if it's even possible for a single faction to have the age restrictions, though, let alone if age restricions on raiding are even possible.

Hmm... i dont have think this, you are rigth

lupu89

Bluntflame

GARRthePIRATE

bonebaby

The mod creator hasn't logged in here in a month, and the git repo has been idle for 3 months.  Might be a dead mod, which is a shame.

-BB

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: bonebaby on December 05, 2017, 04:26:48 PM
The mod creator hasn't logged in here in a month, and the git repo has been idle for 3 months.  Might be a dead mod, which is a shame.

-BB

Quote from: Thirite on November 01, 2017, 11:35:22 PM
I haven't given up on the mod, I just haven't gotten around to working on it for a long time. The problems with graphics getting loaded on an async thread really threw a wrench in my gears as I haven't since been able to find a solution for that, which effectively stopped progress as I wanted to fix that before moving forward with new features (or fixing incomplete ones).