[A16] Bulk Meals [REMOVED]

Started by O Negative, December 28, 2016, 05:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BTAxis

The nerfed version seems to be broken, it generates errors when loading the mod.

The problem is in Recipes_BulkFood.xml line 69: the closing tag for <workSkillLearnFactor> is missing a slash.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

O Negative

Fixed, sorry about that.

i know exactly how that happened, too ::)

sirgzu

could the nerf-factor be made configurable through mod options perhaps?

O Negative

Mmmmmm, I'm sure it could. Something like what the XL stack mod does. I'm still in the early learning phases of C# though, and I don't care to steal code from other mods :/

Smexy_Vampire

patch to use this with (t) cook stove :D bulk meals on faster stove omg i need this !

WoodyDaOcas

Thank you very much for the mod, took the nerfed version :) I just won't build a second stove, my colony is 17 ppl atm and I think 1 cook should be handle that :D So this mod is very welcomed, thank you

Smexy_Vampire

how would i add a new stove ?

asquirrel

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on January 09, 2017, 03:30:10 AM
patch to use this with (t) cook stove :D bulk meals on faster stove omg i need this !

Hey man.  Are the cooking tools not working for you as well?  Did you figure out where the conflict is?  Is it Vegetable Garden mod with bulk meals mod that's causing it?  Thanks!

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: asquirrel on January 10, 2017, 09:13:19 AM
Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on January 09, 2017, 03:30:10 AM

Hey man.  Are the cooking tools not working for you as well?  Did you figure out where the conflict is?  Is it Vegetable Garden mod with bulk meals mod that's causing it?  Thanks!
thos mods probly overlap and the one work station booster is missing

O Negative

Mods that alter the vanilla cooking stoves (fueled and electrical) aren't going to play friendly with this mod, unfortunately. It wouldn't be hard to make a patch, but I'd prefer to not get carried away with making patches for different combinations of mods.

Depending on the mod order, you would add the recipes found in the first loaded to the last loaded stoves .XML file.

Not really anything I can do for right now; on vacation :(

Komyets

Thank you Thank you THANK YOU. Been looking for a mod that does exactly this for a while now :D

Zebukin

Thank you for mod. Really helpfull, especially for 10+ colonists. Even with nerfed version.
It would be great to have compatibility with camping stove:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29145.msg294659

Komyets

I've been playing with this mod for some time and I must say, im satisfied with it, it is very convenient, and time saving. However I have noticed one small thing.
Pawns using the stove to make bulk meals do not get cooking experience as much as they would by cooking one meal at a time. Its a bit weird, but I guess it makes sense lol, i'll still add a lesser bill to make individual meals to balance this out, I like my cooks to be skilled :P

O Negative

Quote from: Komyets on January 23, 2017, 08:48:30 PM
I've been playing with this mod for some time and I must say, im satisfied with it, it is very convenient, and time saving. However I have noticed one small thing.
Pawns using the stove to make bulk meals do not get cooking experience as much as they would by cooking one meal at a time. Its a bit weird, but I guess it makes sense lol, i'll still add a lesser bill to make individual meals to balance this out, I like my cooks to be skilled :P

Hm, strange. I attempted to remedy that early after initial release. Maybe I missed something.

Komyets

Quote from: O Negative on January 23, 2017, 10:34:19 PM
Quote from: Komyets on January 23, 2017, 08:48:30 PM

Hm, strange. I attempted to remedy that early after initial release. Maybe I missed something.
Wait, dont, I just tested it in a fake colony with two paws with similar traits, cooking level, and cooking exp, and the pawn cooking bulk did actually earn more exp than the one cooking single(Bulk earned about 350 more exp than single after each one cooked exactly 50 meals with both methods(10x for bulk and 50x regular meals for single))... my bad sorry! I must have been too sleepy or something when I posted the "issue" :s