[B18] TiberiumRim v1.7 - A Command & Conquer Mod for RimWorld

Started by Telefonmast, December 29, 2016, 11:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechanoidHiveMind

For some reason the tiberium wont Grow at all . I got a blossom tree and for the last five days nothing grew around it ... PLEASE HELP
One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic
Death solves all problems - no man, no problem
Only Mechanoids ; Everywhere

RequiemFang

So what's changed in the B18 updates? I've been away from the game a little before B18 dropped a while back. What's new?  :P

Telefonmast

Not too much actually, there is a lot in the factions part though.
But I'm currently working on a huge new update anyway, you can get the test version here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1346865620

Introducing Harvesters and much more!
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

kubolek01

Quote from: Telefonmast on April 03, 2018, 08:44:32 PM
Not too much actually, there is a lot in the factions part though.
But I'm currently working on a huge new update anyway, you can get the test version here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1346865620

Introducing Harvesters and much more!
Hope you find a way to not break saves with it, maybe make the current system as thing like "waste" which can be removed from map. Otherwise missing objects will break the savefile.
PS:Steam is not for all, find a place for DRM free to test.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Telefonmast

I don't think there is a way without breaking saves, no easy waycat least.

And currently steam is the easiest way to update the test version, though it's available on github aswell but is currently not up to date there.
- My mod project

kubolek01

Quote from: Telefonmast on April 04, 2018, 07:05:28 AM
I don't think there is a way without breaking saves, no easy waycat least.

And currently steam is the easiest way to update the test version, though it's available on github aswell but is currently not up to date there.
So I'll just remove all Tiberian buildings from saves before updating. Hope research path stays the same.

Telefonmast

Removing structures/crystals is not all, your save will be missing new components that are not within structures.
- My mod project

Charson

Hey Telefonmast, if you ever need help to traduce your mod to Spanish i will gladly help.

kubolek01

Quote from: Telefonmast on April 05, 2018, 04:09:34 AM
Removing structures/crystals is not all, your save will be missing new components that are not within structures.
So 3 ingame years to waste... ;(

Sliderpro

Hello.
I am playing non-beta version and wish to share some feedback

First, crystals spread a little too early. They can start creating new crystals nearby roughly at 30-40% growth in any nearby space as I noticed and I believe this is too fast. Maybe crystals should grow to at least 70-80% to start spreading with current growth rate.

IMHO tiberium should not grow on ice, because tiberium = concentrated metals and stuff and ice sheets biome is ice floating on WATER, so.. it cant grow there you know? Its another story when tiberium asteroid crashes, because it carries some rocks with it and it should be able to grow in 1 cell radius, but not on the ice..

IMHO NOD is underwhelming... GDI have OP juggernaut artillery shells and Firestorm,while nod has.. like, nothing really? Plus juggernaut shells are OP a lot. They need at least some nerf. Both radius and damage imho.

No tanky aliens.

If there are any veins not connected to original veinhole, they can grow infinitely like tiberium, while in canon, veins ALWAYS have to be connected to the veinhole .
For example if there is a lot of terrain covered by veins and you shoot shell to separate veins from veinhole - they should die, because they are not connected. but they dont die and continue to spread

Telefonmast

All of that is already known and will be fixed in the next huge update.

Thanks for the feedback, I know the current version lacks in quality and is quite disappointing sometimes.
I'm working hard on changing that, if you want to see the progress you can test the Development Version on Steam by searching for "TiberiumRim" and downloading the "Experimental Branch".

It wont work with older TiberiumRim saves or the Factions addon, so keep that in mind.
- My mod project

Sliderpro

Lol never was dissapointed really  :) one of the most desirable mods currently
especially if you think about failure of C&C tiberium twilight  ;D

Reedex

Hi, I am having errors while enemies try to shoot my pawns, they don't deal damage also. I am using quite a few mods, cca 30 but on a17 it worked after some load order tweaks if i remember correctly,. i don't remember what i changed though. any ideas? i am also having the same trouble with Orion faction don't deal damage. Thanks . good mod :) fan of tib :))

Reedex

Exception ticking Bullet_LaserRifle41824: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Check.Source (object) <0x0003c>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.OfType<CombatExtended.ToolCE> (System.Collections.IEnumerable) <0x00013>
at CombatExtended.ArmorUtilityCE.GetPenetrationValue (Verse.DamageInfo) <0x0035c>
at CombatExtended.ArmorUtilityCE.GetAfterArmorDamage (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Pawn,Verse.BodyPartRecord,bool&) <0x00254>
at CombatExtended.Harmony.Harmony_DamageWorker_AddInjury_ApplyDamageToPart.ArmorReroute (Verse.Pawn,Verse.DamageInfo&) <0x0006b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.ApplyDamageToPart_Patch1 (object,Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Pawn,Verse.DamageWorker/DamageResult&) <0x000a6>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.ApplyToPawn (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Pawn) <0x00505>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.Apply (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Thing) <0x000ae>
at Verse.Thing.TakeDamage (Verse.DamageInfo) <0x002b1>
at RimWorld.Bullet.Impact (Verse.Thing) <0x00245>
at Verse.Projectile.CheckForFreeIntercept (Verse.IntVec3) <0x003c9>
at Verse.Projectile.CheckForFreeInterceptBetween (UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0028c>
at Verse.Projectile.Tick () <0x001c9>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Canute

Maybe you should take a closer look at the description/topic from CE ?
Ofcouse other weaponpacks need a CE patch or they don't work proper with the CE mechanic.