[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

And I've finally updated this to Alpha 9.

Changes:
-The power switch functionality is in the vanilla power switch integrated.
-Invisible wires work flawlessly
-Wall switches removed

akiceabear

Is this working correctly in A9? Whenever I try to use the switch and automatic functions, it fails to work.

- The switch correctly turns off when the room is empty - but the connect item does not turn off.
- I have made sure there is a power line on both sides - so the consumer is connect to the nearest line, not the switch.
- Even switching the switch off manually fails to cut the power.

Any tips?

EDIT: Got this working - you can't have a power line built underneath the switch.

Suggestion: invisible power switches!

harpo99999

sorry to report an issue haplo, but I still have the issue of buildings(lights) attached to output wire from switch in auto pawn mode flickering, (and the flicker is significantly faster almost to strobe flash speeds)

SilverDragon

Here you go, as soon as I started the game with PowerSwitch on, there's a duplicate code thingy or something popping up for PowerSwitch_Power :D I hope this helps in the troubleshooting.

MsMeiriona

I thought this was going to be very useful, but as it turns out, it needing to be out of connecting range of any other power, plus a power cable, plus the switch, means a lamp can't be on a switch in a 5x7 bedroom if you have conduit walls/power doors.

*sighs*

The motion detector/enemy detector is good for my turrets, at least.

akiceabear

I'm pretty sure it can - you make sure the closest connection (a wire leading directly into it, with a switch before) is the one the object has connected to.

MsMeiriona

Quote from: akiceabear on February 27, 2015, 11:46:47 PM
I'm pretty sure it can - you make sure the closest connection (a wire leading directly into it, with a switch before) is the one the object has connected to.
That means you have to use up three tiles, and it can't be adjacent to a circuit-wall, which is an issue when space is at a premium.

akiceabear

QuoteThat means you have to use up three tiles, and it can't be adjacent to a circuit-wall, which is an issue when space is at a premium.

Install the circuit and item before the circuit-wall, and I guess it will solve the issue.

Rock5

It doesn't matter what order you install things or even what conduit is closer. After everything is built just use "Reconnect" until the lamp is connected to the right conduit. Yes, it means you can't put the bit of conduit, that the lamp is going to be connected to, against a wall because it will connect, but you can put the lamp near a conduit wall if that's what you want.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Rock5 on February 28, 2015, 12:38:29 PM
It doesn't matter what order you install things or even what conduit is closer. After everything is built just use "Reconnect" until the lamp is connected to the right conduit. Yes, it means you can't put the bit of conduit, that the lamp is going to be connected to, against a wall because it will connect, but you can put the lamp near a conduit wall if that's what you want.
*still can't manage to get it to work with a 5x7 room and be practical* oh well. Guess I'll just have to get some modded power plants/batteries going and try and make the power use manageable.

Rock5

"Practical" could mean anything but, yes, you will always need at least 3 squares for the set up, switch then conduit then lamp. Unless a lamp with an inbuilt sensor is added.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Voideka

Quote from: MsMeiriona on February 28, 2015, 04:26:41 PM
*still can't manage to get it to work with a 5x7 room and be practical* oh well. Guess I'll just have to get some modded power plants/batteries going and try and make the power use manageable.

What do you mean by practical? Just put the switch down next to the conduit wall, then put a bit of conduit on the other side and connect the lamp to that.

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Voideka on March 01, 2015, 04:09:10 AM
Quote from: MsMeiriona on February 28, 2015, 04:26:41 PM

What do you mean by practical? Just put the switch down next to the conduit wall, then put a bit of conduit on the other side and connect the lamp to that.
Because I had previously been putting my lamps in corners. 5x7 room, cooler in middle of 5 wall, door in middle of opposite 5 wall, lamp in one corner, heater in one corner, bed in one corner along 7 wall , leaving room for a crafting table along the wall opposite the bed.

Haplo

Ok, just to visualize it I've rebuild your described room. If you watch where you lay the power lines, I don't really see the problem. And the short line you need north of the PowerSwitch can be build with an invisible conduit..
Is this what you mean?

[attachment deleted due to age]

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Haplo on March 01, 2015, 02:22:29 PM
Ok, just to visualize it I've rebuild your described room. If you watch where you lay the power lines, I don't really see the problem. And the short line you need north of the PowerSwitch can be build with an invisible conduit..
Is this what you mean?
For some reason, when the switch goes off, if there's a power source in range, my lamps always seem to reconnect on their own. It may be mod interference or just my being dumb with how I lay them down. I like to have my bedrooms all nice and neat, 5x7 with a 3 wide hall outside (I'm probably just make the damn thing as an example in a minute) and that means sharing walls, so either all the 5s must be powered or all the 7s or none of them be powered and I run (invisible) power lines through the centre, which is what I may just do because I THINK it will work that way. Switches don't impede movement, do they?