[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefinn

Quote from: Haplo on June 16, 2015, 03:15:38 AM
If I would do that, then all the power lines would suddenly show up as damaged as the hidden ones have a bit higher health. Also it would be a bit unrealistic: You have the lines laying on the ground, you research the material to allow them to be burried underground and they are in the next moment all underground?
I would call that Magic ;)

How about if they ran around and worked on each one again, in fact if they were all damaged then they'd have to run around and upgrade them anyhow?! Not Magic!

Nico46

This may have been asked before but do you have to start over to use your mod.
I have the power switch already for the base game Alpha 11 and after researching the auto switch there is no switch option on the switch or other one to build. :o
If there is a way to fix this can anyone give me an idea. ???

Mrshilka

Thanks for this great mod!, Honestly I say I only use it for the hidden powerline but that alone makes it great!.

Haplo

Quote from: Nico46 on June 27, 2015, 01:53:36 AM
This may have been asked before but do you have to start over to use your mod.
I have the power switch already for the base game Alpha 11 and after researching the auto switch there is no switch option on the switch or other one to build. :o
If there is a way to fix this can anyone give me an idea. ???
You can add this mod to your normal game. But all switches who where already built will stay to be the simple vanilla switch. You can activate the godmode and replace the switch to get the new ones, or you have to deconstruct and rebuild it.

Quote from: Mrshilka on June 27, 2015, 05:01:54 AM
Thanks for this great mod!, Honestly I say I only use it for the hidden powerline but that alone makes it great!.
Yes, I have to say, that is one of the best features ;D

Othobrithol

Wow, love the newer features. Adding this to my list.

One of the things I have wanted as long as I have been playing was a variant of your switch that would only be "on" when it detects positive power generation on one of the circuits to which it is connected. Useful for an emergency backup battery set (have to manually open it for use, but automatically siphons off power when there is excess generation in the system) or for remote turrets (turret with a battery won't be drained if the main base loses power but will recharge when there is abundant).

Could also lead to some basic logic gates.

harpo99999

haplo, just a quick question regarding the a12 version of the powerswitch mod and when it might be available

Haplo

Here it is: The updated version to alpha 12.
Please let me know if you run into any problems 8)

C4ptMiles

Quote from: Othobrithol on August 03, 2015, 01:21:34 PM
One of the things I have wanted as long as I have been playing was a variant of your switch that would only be "on" when it detects positive power generation on one of the circuits to which it is connected.

I would love to see that as well!
Is et even possible to make this?
Captain Miles; but you can call me Captain.

bazalisk

i'm not entirely sure how these PIR sensor switches work

i have them built in each of the room of my compound,  the hidden power lines run throughout all the walls and i have just finished building the switches in the corners of each room too.

set them to motion sensor mode

but when people leave the rooms the lights stay on, indeed the lights never turn off.

the switch has a little round blob on top that shows when the switch is active or not.

but still, the lights stay on.

i have enclosed a pic of my wee colony so far

there is a switch in the dinning room and the room to the left.

non of these seem to do anything :(

any advice would be greatly received :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Haplo

Remember that the switches CUT the power line. The motion switches also CUT the power lines and CONNECT them when there is motion in the room. So you need to build the power lines like this: - - + - L
With your setup the power doesn't flow over the switch, so the switch can not cut any power line to your lamps.

bazalisk

so, could you, and would you be willing to, add a wall section switch?

Haplo

Here is a test version, where I've set the xml, so that you can place the switch on a wall.
Unfortunately I don't have much time to test it right now.
Maybe you can tell me what problems occur? :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

bazalisk

you sir, are a star  :D

i will let you know how it plays

Ectoplasm

A cool little mod! I'll give the wall switch a go today too. Thanks. There is however a niggling problem with it, not the mod itself - but in how any electrical device tries to connect to a power cable. Trying to route a cable (especially in an underground base) So that power only goes to the switch and not the intended electrical device beyond the switch is really quite tricky!

Might it be possible, for a mod to be written that could insulate power cables. I'm thinking along these lines; The cable itself is insulated - power goes in one end, and the only allowed connection point for electrical devices is wherever that specific cable run ends - it's terminal point - where you could change to the default power cable and it's business as usual from there on. Alternatively 'short range' electrical cable that would only allow electrical devices within 1, 2 or 3 tiles for example to draw power through it.

Not sure if either idea is implementable. If they're not let me know and I could post to the suggestions forum, and perhaps our Lord and Master might be willing to implement something (as if he doesn't have enough to do). Anyhoo! Nice mod, but like Oliver Twist - please Sir can I have some more?

Reko

how do i get each rooms electronics to go off the switch so they are only on when a person is in that room? i put down lamps and heaters but they go off of power lines in the distances?