[1.0] Less Arbitrary Surgery (2018-10-30)

Started by System.Linq, January 03, 2017, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Deathawaits4 on January 24, 2017, 12:40:51 PM
i get this error on a failed surgery, and it seems that the mod doesnt work then because i just cut off someones head while trying to add a peg foot

Tried to add health diff to missing part BodyPartRecord(LeftFoot parts.Count=5)
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.HediffSet:AddDirect(Hediff, Nullable`1)
Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker:AddHediff(Hediff, BodyPartRecord, Nullable`1)
LessArbitrarySurgery.Detour._Recipe_Surgery:_CheckSurgeryFail(Recipe_Surgery, Pawn, Pawn, List`1, BodyPartRecord)
RimWorld.Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart:ApplyOnPawn(Pawn, BodyPartRecord, Pawn, List`1)
RimWorld.Bill_Medical:Notify_IterationCompleted(Pawn, List`1)
Verse.AI.<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey418:<>m__674()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.<DoRecipeWork>c__AnonStorey417:<>m__66F()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

loading this on top of any other medical mods this one needs to be first

Deathawaits4

it is, infact, it is just 1 below hugslib, making it third in the load order.
Also the error looks to me like, the mod is trying to add damage to the foot, that isnt even there anymore. but i could be wrong, im bad at reading error logs.

baronjutter

Any chance you could add surgery options to fix some of the unfixable health problems in vanilla?  There's another mod that sort of does that but also adds a million new workbenches and implant types.  I've always just wanted a couple more surgery options like "heal scar" or "reconstructive surgery"

System.Linq

Sorry, this is a very targeted mod. It's intended only to fix the rather boring and terrible way surgery works in A16, not add new content.

gendalf

it seems to affect mechanoids (like they're getting infections)

System.Linq

Make sure you are using the latest version.

faltonico

Both Scythers and peg legs are getting infections, I made sure I had the latest forum version:

pinguin42

Using this together with EPOE results in infections on eyepatches, bionic legs, wooden feet and errors in the log. Removing the part fixes it.

JMC

Thank god for this.. I'd raged at a few too many games were leg implants ended up in decapitations and this is a breath of fresh air.

System.Linq

I use this mod with EPOE. If I can track down the infection problems I'll fix them, but it's not am issue with me.

Ruptga

Medicine is better in A17, but I still like the more nuanced behavior with this mod (chance to minimize damage during a failed surgery, etc.), do you have plans to continue it?

zarathustra_bezbozhnik

Thanks a lot for this! It would be mighty great and greatly appreciated if you'd update the mod for A17 when you have the time.

So tired of save-loading every time before the complicated surgery, which (save-load) totally breaks the immersion and overall fun.

Btw, as funny and actual as Tynan's reference on surgery is, the percentage of such "qualified" surgeons is practically nonexistent among pawns(astronauts) having prerequisites in medicine (any skill and\or education and\or experience in surgery). That's why I can't in the right mind let the game just flip the coin and decide to kill Ben aka "Turbo", the main constructor and elected leader of the colony while the 16 skilled doctor is giving him a simple prosthetic leg!!! phoi, I've said it! :)

Thanks again and good luck with your future mods!

System.Linq

Updated to 2017-7-9:
-Now compatible with A17.

crowman

Sir, could we please get a dropbox/drive download link? Much appreciated.