Food Restrictions?

Started by SilentP, January 03, 2017, 07:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentP

Is there a way to set what foods pawns eat?

I'd like to stockpile pemmican for the long journey to the AI ship.

I want my pawns to eat the 1000+ meals I have in my freezer and not the pemmican.

How do I do this?

Gleerok

Quote from: SilentP on January 03, 2017, 07:59:46 PM
Is there a way to set what foods pawns eat?

I'd like to stockpile pemmican for the long journey to the AI ship.

I want my pawns to eat the 1000+ meals I have in my freezer and not the pemmican.

How do I do this?

Just forbid them from interacting with the pemmican. Default is "F".

I made a small storage with 300 canned meals (mod) + around 200 pemmican and forbade anyone from touching it. I never thought I'd need this emergency storage, until I reached a critical stage without enough crops and not enough herds to hunt for meat and sustain my 15 pawns colony. When colonists started to eat Kibble, I remembered I had this food stored and it pretty much saved my colony from insanity.

SilentP

Can they add to the stack if it's forbidden?

I'm running a mod that increases the size to 750.

KingKnee

I would love an option to limit pawns to certain kinds of food without having to manually zone them out or forbid specific stockpiles. I wanted to make a separate freezer with just advanced meals as a backup for hard times, but it seemed overly finicky, imho.
You can currently assign clothes and drugs, so why not certain kinds of food? If it's already in there I certainly missed it.

I just wanted to have everyone eat normal meals all the time but have a cook dedicated to cook advanced meals for storage so when the shit hit the fan, I could release those meals and survive whatever it was.

This also brings up options like "food snob" (will only eat advanced meals), "vegetarian", "vegan", "meat lover" and so on. 

Catastrophy

Quote from: SilentP on January 03, 2017, 11:33:10 PM
Can they add to the stack if it's forbidden?

I'm running a mod that increases the size to 750.

From what I've seen haul jobs have no problems delivering to forbidden stacks. I use it frequently.

paragonid

Not exactly solution you've asked for, but still should work: the mod which alters pawns food preference "Smarter food selection"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27315.msg293042#msg293042