[A16] WM mods (New mods: SyncGrowth, Medivac) 2017.01.06

Started by Wishmaster, November 07, 2016, 06:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Failer

Quote from: Wishmaster on December 30, 2016, 01:00:22 PM
I just posted a new mod: "Reuse pods".

If you want to try it, read about it in the topic and please tell how it is, if it's balanced.

Download here:
http://bit.ly/2ipNI5a
Well, i've just downloaded/installed the mod and was greet by two errors. :/
Output_log + Loadorder

Wishmaster

Quote from: Der Failer on December 30, 2016, 02:03:49 PM
Quote from: Wishmaster on December 30, 2016, 01:00:22 PM
I just posted a new mod: "Reuse pods".

If you want to try it, read about it in the topic and please tell how it is, if it's balanced.

Download here:
http://bit.ly/2ipNI5a
Well, i've just downloaded/installed the mod and was greet by two errors. :/
Output_log + Loadorder

Seems like I forgot to rename the namespace. Fixed it, thank you.
The warning message is harmless.
Use the same link for download.

bawr

Hey, I was just wondering - where does Pemmican go in the animal food preference list?

I'm asking because I actually use it as my food of choice for animals.

EDIT: Also, I have also seen some FPS stutter with the Smarter Food Selection mod installed, which went away when I disabled it. :(

I've had four labradors and four chickens restricted in such a way that they couldn't reach any food sometimes. Chickens could always reach free-growing grass, though.

Wishmaster

Quote from: bawr on December 30, 2016, 02:24:45 PM
Hey, I was just wondering - where does Pemmican go in the animal food preference list?

I'm asking because I actually use it as my food of choice for animals.

EDIT: Also, I have also seen some FPS stutter with the Smarter Food Selection mod installed, which went away when I disabled it. :(

I've had four labradors and four chickens restricted in such a way that they couldn't reach any food sometimes. Chickens could always reach free-growing grass, though.

Pemmican is at the same level as simple meals.

FPS drops should happen when few pets are hungry and can't find any food.
Are your labradors hungry ? Maybe you shouldn't restrict them to a zone because the mod should make pick human corpses or kibble before anything else they can reach.

Edit: You can also disable the food control over animals in Mod Settings in the menu. Your pets will act like vanilla but you should get rid of FPS drops.

bawr

Thanks for the reply!

Good call, I'll do that to verify. The labs were definitely hungry.

(In my case it wasn't directly due to zones, I just had no food available at all for a while, so *everyone* was hungry.)

Canute

I just notice Smarter food selection doesn't work well with Vegetable Garden food together.
There are some curious food prefs.
Pawn prefer package surv. meal over cooked bowl of stew (larvish) or stirfry (fine meal).
Prisoner get cheese (nut. 0.25 and not as under meal) delivered instead some simple meals.

Wishmaster

QuoteThe mod may not be compatible with anything that adds new food like vegetable garden.

I've never tested vegetable garden. However it is weird that lavish food comes before fine food.

asquirrel

Re-use pods is throwing an error.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

asquirrel

Quote from: Wishmaster on January 01, 2017, 04:49:19 PM
It's harmless. I just didn't manage to suppress it. You should be able to play normally.

Thanks for that info!  Seems like a useful mod. I get nervous about any errors other than a version error. I've got a ludicrous amount of mods running.  I'll give it a shot and see what happens.  :)

KakyoKuzuki

Hello wishmaster,

I'm getting some errors with reuse pod.
https://gist.github.com/68e8640959665ab2fe85df525238f5a3

Even tho you said that yellow messages are warmless, whenever the launchpad or landing orbital finish the construction, no item spawns. Even when i try building the launch pad in God mode , i get this exception :

Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DesignateSingleCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.ProcessInputEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Wishmaster

Quote from: KakyoKuzuki on January 02, 2017, 09:15:13 PM
Hello wishmaster,

I'm getting some errors with reuse pod.
https://gist.github.com/68e8640959665ab2fe85df525238f5a3

I have no idea where it comes from and my mod doesn't appear in the stacktrace :/ . I suspect another mod to be not compatible. Perhaps Area Unlocker ?

Besides I said the yellow message at the start was harmless, that's all.
Even tho you said that yellow messages are warmless, whenever the launchpad or landing orbital finish the construction, no item spawns. Even when i try building the launch pad in God mode , i get this exception :

Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DesignateSingleCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.ProcessInputEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

KakyoKuzuki

When i get home, i'll try to disable the area unlocker to test it.

but on the log, your mod does show up, example around line 230:
> Config error in WM_LandingPodsControler: WM_LandingPodsControler has null thingClass
> Config error in WM_LandingPodsControler: WM_LandingPodsControler has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps

Wellenbrecher

Heya wishmaster, are you working on a A16 release for die Prisoner thought thing?
If you are, would I be correct to assume you're having more fun with the pods for now though, yes? :P

I'd love to have an A16 version of that, it's just so much more elegant than my simple nerfing of the actual thoughts.
Anyway, that and Smarter Food selection are wonderful mods, please keep it up!

Wishmaster

Quote from: Wellenbrecher on January 03, 2017, 06:02:32 PM
Heya wishmaster, are you working on a A16 release for die Prisoner thought thing?
If you are, would I be correct to assume you're having more fun with the pods for now though, yes? :P

I'd love to have an A16 version of that, it's just so much more elegant than my simple nerfing of the actual thoughts.
Anyway, that and Smarter Food selection are wonderful mods, please keep it up!

I started working on an A16 then gave up for technical reasons but also because of the new guilt mechanics.

I want to be as vanilla friendly as possible so if I do like A15, this would just negate the guilt.

So I wanted to create new rules where guilt would be one of the factors of the mood effect as well as faction hostility and the death (euthanized / organ harvest) or if the victim was sold.

For example selling a guilty prisoner from a hostile faction will get you a lesser mood debuff while harvesting (and killing) a non hostile prisoner (like a space refugee) will get you an important mood debuff.

I also wanted to make guilt lasting longer depending on the offense (hit colonist = 2 days, prison break/murder = 6 days).

What do you think ? Do you want a newly reworked mod or something simple like A15 ?

And thank you so much for your support !