Is this possible in Alpha 3 and How?

Started by Psyckosama, April 10, 2014, 11:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

Okay, now is a time to ask what can be done and what can't be done in Rimworld Alpha 3.

First of all, can you make it so an item degrades over time and can you make it so that being in its presence when activated will cause damage to and/or affect the moral of your colonists?

Also, can you add moral effects to a food item that will carry onto meals made using it?

FtDLulz

To the third one, I think that's in the default game (human meat in a meal).
To the others, I'm no modder, sorry.

ItchyFlea

It's highly likely those can now be done via .dll mods. See the last section here for more info about how to make them: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1heWyVT_RfOfZDIaI3LVZM8nkyS3-a9f0QyNs9azvBDk/pub
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

WorldOfIllusion

I'd suggest having a look at how the plant thingClass works, as from my quick look it has a section to do with rot (which could probably be used as a guide for item degradation).
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

Psyckosama

Quote from: WorldOfIllusion on April 11, 2014, 12:04:44 AM
I'd suggest having a look at how the plant thingClass works, as from my quick look it has a section to do with rot (which could probably be used as a guide for item degradation).

Problem is I want it to be repairable. You just have to occasionally turn off the power and some some poor sap in to fix it.

iame6162013

Quote from: Psyckosama on April 12, 2014, 04:49:27 AM
Quote from: WorldOfIllusion on April 11, 2014, 12:04:44 AM

Problem is I want it to be repairable. You just have to occasionally turn off the power and some some poor sap in to fix it.

i think u still can do it just u have a .dll mod that ad a few classes and than a xml file woud just be fine ;)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."