[A16] Camping Stuff v0.2.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 04, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilcats

I've hacked together a copy for the current version of 1.0, enjoy!
Includes, Marshmallows, Tents & New Camping Furniture!
Feel free to re-purpose or use any code in future updates-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2rvqp8q1nyi6pk/camping-stuff.zip?dl=0
https://www.patreon.com/HENRiYE

Alias

Quote from: evilcats on July 13, 2018, 05:27:45 PM

Thank you! I'd be happy to include your work in my next update, the mini solar panels are a fantastic idea. Now to find time to work on modding again...

evilcats

Cheers Alias! I'm still learning; your code was really readable so it wasn't too much of an issue to get it too work. It was actually the first time I got a mod to compile and work. Thanks for  the cool mod man :)

Alias

Quote from: evilcats on July 17, 2018, 06:33:05 AM
Cheers Alias! I'm still learning; your code was really readable so it wasn't too much of an issue to get it too work. It was actually the first time I got a mod to compile and work. Thanks for  the cool mod man :)

I appreciate the compliment, but that's all Nandonalt. All I did was make a few tweaks, so that it plays nice with a17/b18.

Ruisuki

Quote from: evilcats on July 13, 2018, 05:27:45 PM
oooooo nice. is the portable stove still weak though?

RemingtonRyder

Hey evilcats, I tried your hacked-together version of Camping Stuff but it doesn't seem to work with B19. :/

Alias

Quote from: MarvinKosh on August 30, 2018, 05:30:18 PM
Hey evilcats, I tried your hacked-together version of Camping Stuff but it doesn't seem to work with B19. :/

I'm currently working on a b19 version of the mod, I estimate I should have it good to go in a week or so (depending on homework and other life stuff).

RemingtonRyder

Great! I'll be sure and put it through its paces when it's ready. :)

rawrfisher

Quote from: MarvinKosh on August 30, 2018, 07:21:14 PM
Great! I'll be sure and put it through its paces when it's ready. :)
Your not the only one.  I'm gonna rake it through the coals even more so then I do roolo's mods
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Alias

Okay, so I was only off by a month, super sorry about that, but v5.0 is finally ready (I hope)! Here's all the new goodies and changes:

• b19 support
  • Major XML rework to remove duplicated and unnecessary definitions
  • Portable stoves now inherit from campfires- this means that portable stoves should get any recipe that campfires get, modded or otherwise
  • Major rework to the tent generation code, it is now capable of generating tents of arbitrary rectangular (M x N) size and only requires definition of the South facing orientation in XML
  • Added a new 7x9 Long tent- for all your mobile medical, prison, and housing needs
  • Removed butchering spot as it is now a core feature

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, issues, problems, or have general comments.
Pending anything major Snowy Trees is next up for an update.

GitHub link: GitHub

Madman666

Hey, @Alias, thanks for updating! I missed this cool mod a lot. I ll report if i find any problems.

Beetlecat

Quote from: Alias on September 26, 2018, 01:59:33 AM
Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, issues, problems, or have general comments.

Awesome! Thank you for the update.

Flimflamshabam

Quote from: Alias on September 26, 2018, 01:59:33 AM
Okay, so I was only off by a month, super sorry about that, but v5.0 is finally ready (I hope)! Here's all the new goodies and changes:

• b19 support
  • Major XML rework to remove duplicated and unnecessary definitions
  • Portable stoves now inherit from campfires- this means that portable stoves should get any recipe that campfires get, modded or otherwise
  • Major rework to the tent generation code, it is now capable of generating tents of arbitrary rectangular (M x N) size and only requires definition of the South facing orientation in XML
  • Added a new 7x9 Long tent- for all your mobile medical, prison, and housing needs
  • Removed butchering spot as it is now a core feature

So where's the b19 download cause i get some errors trying to run the mod.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Alias

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on September 27, 2018, 03:10:49 AM
So where's the b19 download cause i get some errors trying to run the mod.

Releases are kind of like a downloads page for GitHub. This way I can update and make changes to the code on GitHub, without distributing bugs to every new download, while keeping older versions of the mod accessible to people who want to run older versions of the game.

So as far as downloading the mod, just click on the "Source code (zip)" link for your release of choice (usually the latest), you should get a zip folder named after the project and version number, inside will be a folder of the same name (minus the .zip extension), copy the inner folder to your mods directory, and you should be good to go.
Alternately, you can still go to the project page (here), and hit clone or download. Just keep in mind that downloading this way will download whatever I uploaded last and thus is not guaranteed to be bug free, stable, balanced, and otherwise ready for general use.

Flimflamshabam

I mean i downloaded the one from your original link labled 5.0, the ingame mod menu was saying it was still for b18, and gave me dozens of errors just reloading the game. I'm trying this new link you posted now.