Started by Nandonalt, January 04, 2017, 08:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nandonalt

Adds:
-> Deployable Tent
-> Sleeping Bags
-> Portable Stove
-> Butchering Spot

Seeing the popularity of the Set-Up Camp mod (not required), I decided to make some new objects to improve your camping experience.
This does not require a new save.

CHANGELOG:

1/18/2016 - VERSION 0.2.3:
-> Tent rotating is now less sensitive
-> Added unfinished tent to the recipe, so colonists pause tent tailoring (thanks MarvinKosh!)
-> New sleeping bad texture (thanks drakulux!)
-> FIX: Portable heater requires fuel to heat spaces

1/10/2016 - VERSION 0.2.2:
-> Changed the portable stove texture. The new one was made by user Deon. Thanks! :)
-> Now it really works on cave biomes (I tested it!)

1/9/2016 - VERSION 0.2.1:
-> Tents are now rotatable (Q and E to rotate)
->  Should be compatible with Cave Biomes mod now

1/8/2016 - VERSION 0.2.0:
-> Tents are now made with textiles (fabric or leather) instead of cloth only (your existing tents will be updated when deployed again);
-> There are two new sizes of tents: medium and big;
-> Small texture change on the tent wall;
-> Big tents are not craftable from the crafting spot.

1/6/2017 - VERSION 0.1.2:
-> BUGFIX - hopefully the error and the missing tent support bug is fixed, as I changed some mistakes on the defs
-> Tent supports are no longer ugly (they were beauty -8, making colonists feel bad)
-> Tents can now be crafted on crafting spots, to allow tribalists colonies to make tents.

1/5/2017 - VERSION 0.1.1:
-> You can now see the outline of the tent while choosing where to place it. The color will indicate if the spot is suitable or not (white for good, red for bad);
-> Decreased sleeping bag rest effectiveness to 80% (was 95%, while normal beds are 100%).

DEPLOYABLE TENT:
-> Craftable in any Tailoring Bench or in a Crafting Spot (Except for the big one).
-> Can be made from any textile material.
-> Requires:
Normal: 140 textiles and 25 wood;
Medium: 300 textiles and 50 wood;
Big: 400 textiles and 75 wood.
-> The center tile is the tent support, where you right click to pack up the tent.
-> If the tent was damaged (walls removed/exploded/etc), the pack will be damaged too. Right click to use nearby stacks of textiles to repair it (10 textiles = 1 wall).
-> The tent walls and door are fragile and most likely won't stop raider chasing your pawns.

SLEEPING BAGS:
-> Can be found on Architect/Furniture and can be built with fabric or leather.
-> Requires 30 fabric/leather to build.
-> They are lightweight (1.5kg) thus can be uninstalled and transported on a caravan with ease.
-> Can be set to be medical and prisoner, like any bed.
-> Can be used normally on your colony.
-> Textures by drakulux

PORTABLE STOVE:
-> Can be found on Architect/Temperature.
-> Requires 50 steel and 2 component.
-> A better version of the campfire, but the fuel is chemfuel (holds 15).
-> Can be uninstalled/reinstalled.
-> Can be used to cook simple meals, pemnican and to heat up spaces.
-> Isn't powered by batteries but requires the electricity research to build.
-> Texture made by user Deon.

BUTCHERING SPOT:
-> A costless butchering spot that you can place on the ground.
-> I made this so you don't need to build a table if you want to hunt on camps.
-> Butchering is slower on this spot

----------------------------
Please report any unusual behavior of any of these objects, especially the deployable tent.
Also, I would like your feedback on balancing so the items aren't so overpowered.

Enjoy!

Hydromancerx

joaonunes

Awesome :D

You know, this is how it starts... When the game updates I install some mods, then I find another cool mod and add it to the game. Later on more mods join in and when I read through the mod order or open the mods folder I see 100 folders... Skyrim's modding all over again but in a different game xD The difference is I don't have 160 mods installed on Rimworld (yet).

EDIT:
Mod's name, "Camping Stuff" or "Camping Supplies", which would be better? Only a suggestion ;)
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Owlchemist

Exactly what I was asking for in the camping mod, sweet! Thanks ^_^

Time to go on a big trip.

Degraine

These are both great mods, grabbing both.

Once Reusable Pods works properly for me, I'm seriously considering setting up colonies with permanent Cannon Travel outposts between them. This'll be perfect for it.

Nandonalt

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 04, 2017, 09:37:58 PM
These are nice photos and models

Thanks! This time I didn't use steam's screenshot tool, so the captures have more quality  :P

Yoso

Excellent mod. My major problem with the Set-Up Camp mod was that actually camping basically meant building a micro colony.

Osucarus

I think you should add a "Dried Meat" for meals made from 10 units of meat, it's like a pemmican but has shorter lifespan  7 days maybe? and only has half amount of nutrient of simple meals.

How do you think?

Degraine

Usage tip: If you have ED-Embrasures as well, make sure Camping Stuff is loaded before it.

And Reusable Pods works just fine on the campsite maps too, so Cannon Travel networks are possible! The only downside is having to maintain a colonist presence on the map. What would be really nice is being able to choose the size of new settlements, but that's beyond this mod's scope, really.

Smexy_Vampire

how do pawns react to a 3x2 tent as a bed room ?

joaonunes

Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

WoodyDaOcas

wow.. that was a nice idea, thank you for the mod :)
edit: one small request if I may: please, use the mod version in the file name, helps tremendously when keeping things up to date manually. Ty!

123nick

i think i got a bug:

says something about a tent being deployed. maybe its just minor, maybe it isnt.