[B18] Set-Up Camp v2.1 - B18 Update

Started by Nandonalt, January 02, 2017, 05:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nandonalt

---------------
SUMMARY:
-> Adds a "Set-Up Camp" button on caravans. This creates a small map that you can zoom in anytime.
-> The button will only show up on caravans formed after the mod was installed. If you plan on uninstalling this mod, please make sure you don't have any caravans or camps on the map.
-> This mod does not require a new save.
------------------------------

This mod allows you to set up a caravan camp anywhere, without having to get ambushed or invading a rival faction.
With this, you can rest, heal, hunt, make some food while far away from your home base.
Depending where you stop, there'll be plenty of animals to hunt (or run away from).
Camps can be visited by any caravan that you form.

Mod settings:
-> Found on Options -> Mod Settings -> Set-Up Camp
-> You can change the maximum and minimum size of your camps. Default is 75-90.
-> You can enable the PERMANENT CAMPS function, which disables the automatic deletion of the map when nobody's around. To remove permanent camps, just use the destroy button of it on the world map.
-> Changes affect the entire game and aren't bound to saves.

-Camping Stuff addon-

Please read:
-> The camp deletes itself after the last colonist leave the area. You can't get any stuff back after that. (if they aren't permanent)

DOWNLOAD (B18):
Steam Workshop
Dropbox

A17:
OLD - Dropbox

CHANGELOG:
13/01/2017:
VERSION V.0.1.1 - CHANGELOG
-> The camera nows automatically enters the camp when formed, so you don't need to "jump in" manually.
-> New feature - MOD SETTINGS!
-> Enable dev. mode on game options to add a new button to caravans, the "Set-Up Camp Settings".
-> There you can change the minimum and maximum size of the camps (it's always random, but you can lock on a single size)
-> You can also enable a new experimental feature: permanent camps. While this is activated, camps will not get automatically deleted when everybody leaves the map. To delete the map for good, just click on it and press the Destroy button.
-> Settings effects all your save games, but size only affects camps formed after the change.

26/05/2017:
-> Updated for A17
-> Mod Settings now on Options

22/11/2017:
-> Mod updated to B18

LICENSE:
Including this mod on modpacks is allowed if you keep it updated.
You can use this mod as a base for yours, just remember to credit me and link this post on yours.

IHateRegistering

jere8184

Akrakorn

It'd probably be really cool to make a nomad colony with this.

zombojoe

joaonunes

Sweet :D Another mod for my collection :P
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

jere8184

GiantSpaceHamster

I have been hoping someone would make a mod like this, thank you!

Do you know if the 24 hour auto-close for caravan raid maps applies to these camps?

Nandonalt

Quote from: GiantSpaceHamster on January 02, 2017, 06:17:15 PM
I have been hoping someone would make a mod like this, thank you!

Do you know if the 24 hour auto-close for caravan raid maps applies to these camps?

No, I removed the time limit, you can stay there indefinitely.

MisterVertigo

This looks really cool. Thank you!

One question: does a camp count towards the 5 colony limit?
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Nandonalt

Quote from: MisterVertigo on January 02, 2017, 07:54:45 PM
This looks really cool. Thank you!

One question: does a camp count towards the 5 colony limit?

No, as the map is not counted as a colony. If you don't abuse it, there won't be a huge fps drop.

Thanks for liking it! :)

rawrfisher

I set one up as a prison farm camp.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Owlchemist

Good stuff! This mod really makes me wish there was a craftable tent... basically a bed you can dismantle and take with you that also removes the "sleeping under the stars" debuff.

nbielinski

FINALLY! I can use prepare carefully to land with ~10 colonists with melee weapons and pemmican! I can finally become Caesars Legion!

Spdskatr

Your colonists shall starve no more! (unless you're traveling on an ice sheet ofc)
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?