[MOD] (Alpha 3) Antelopes

Started by Alex26, April 11, 2014, 07:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex26

Adds herds of antelope into the game. They are smaller and slightly weaker than Muffalo.

A herd of antelope.

Yes, you can include my mods in your modpack. You don't have to ask my permission. You can also edit my mods if you want. I really don't care!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

hwoo

Alex26

Architect

Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Alex26

I did my best to match the unconventional style of the other RimWorld animals this time.

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

bombarding

the color is too bright, need more soft i think

iame6162013

Quote from: bombarding on April 11, 2014, 10:29:18 AM
the color is too bright, need more soft i think

or a bit more dark brow :p
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Plasmatic

Maybe call them Entilopes to match the Muffalo vs. Buffalo type name thing

madpluck

So currently they are huntable like normal animals, and this probably applies to the sand lizards as well, but...you can't cook with them. You would need to modify the recipes file to include them as valid types of meat. For now they just sit in my stockpiles :/

Alex26

Well if you don't like the colours, you can change them pretty easily. I doubt I can pick a colour scheme that will suit everyone.

I was going to call them Speckled Antelopes to set them apart from real Antelopes, but their speckles are invisible in game unfortunately. The Squirrel is called a Squirrel, so while I'll consider calling them Entilopes, I don't see it as necessary. All you'd have to do to change it, by the way, is go through all the mod files and change all the instances of the word Antelope to Entilope. So you could make them Entilopes in your game if you want.

And are you sure they can't be eaten? I didn't test the Antelopes, but I tested the Sand Lizards, and they were edible. And I didn't have to change any recipe files.

Edit: I tested it, you should be able to butcher and cook Antelopes without any further changes to the mod:

madpluck

Quote from: Alex26 on April 11, 2014, 11:59:52 PM
Edit: I tested it, you should be able to butcher and cook Antelopes without any further changes to the mod:

Okay I will check again on a new map!

StorymasterQ

Know that bug that changes muffalos to strawberry bushes? If that bug was killed but then resurfaced as a mod (which I'd like very much), then maybe entilopes (with an E) would change to trees. And then we'd have Ents.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

DarkXess

Thanks for posting your release. Please update your release post with our download links too :)

You can find our mirror here:

You can always contact me for changes to be made to the above link, also any updates please be kind to
inform us or even submit the update yourself on our downloads section.

Tuvka