[1.0] XND's RimWorld Mods - Updated 2019-10-06

Started by XeoNovaDan, January 13, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Compatibility
Can be added to existing savegames, but only newly-generated weapons will be flagged as 'looted' upon being dropped; existing weapons won't be marked. Flickering may occur if removed from ongoing saves though.

Compatible with Combat Extended. Also works with MendAndRecycle and Nano Repair Tech where mending a looted weapon will remove the looted tag just like how mending tainted apparel removes the tainted tag, but this can be disabled in mod settings.

This should work with most, if not all weapon mods out there. If there's one that doesn't work, please let me know.

There are no known mod conflicts or bugs.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods.

Overview
In vanilla RimWorld, it's impossible to profit from producing weapons due to their pitiful 20% sell price multiplier; you're always better off selling their raw materials. The reason why such a multiplier exists in the first place is so that it wasn't ridiculously easy to profit from raids, but as mentioned previously, this approach had its side-effects.

With Profitable Weapons, the weapon sell price multiplier gets increased to 100% (configurable through mod settings) which puts it in line with apparel, but also introduces a tainted-esque system for weapons to maintain original balance, albeit with a few notable differences:

• Looted weapons will be marked with an (L) to help distinguish them from non-looted weapons.
    • Looted weapons will have their sell price multiplier multiplied by 20% by default (configurable through mod settings), the same as the vanilla multiplier.
      • There isn't a mood penalty associated with equipping a looted weapon, unlike tainted apparel which is anywhere from -3 to -8.
        • Looted weapons can still be sold to traders unlike tainted apparel.

Weapons gain the (L) tag if dropped by raiders or friendlies, if used 20 times, or if dropped from trader inventories  - the latter two are configurable through mod settings. Remember that the aforementioned pawns don't have to die for their weapons to be marked as 'looted'; them simply being downed is enough. Weapons that are dropped by colonists, colony caravans or prisoners (i.e. prison breaks) won't get marked.

Two new stockpile filters have also been added so that you can keep looted weapons out of your main selling stockpiles, or if you want to configure workbench bills (e.g. electric smelters) so that your colonists don't smelt non-looted weapons which are perfectly good for selling.

Powered by Harmony Patch Libary.

Credits
        Mehni - for tolerating my endless questions, offering tons of advice and guidance, and generally being awesome. I probably couldn't have done this without him; huge thanks! He also makes some great mods; I'd highly recommend checking them out.
        NoImageAvailable - For helping me with getting this mod to work properly with MendAndRecycle while keeping things simple. Another huge thanks!
        ChJees and erdelf - offering more advice and guidance. Big thanks!
        Pardeike (AKA Brainz) - for making Harmony. This was so much easier to do thanks his work!
        Why_Is_That (AKA The Saladspinner of Woe) - for making the SettingsHelper, and Uuugggg for improving it
        Other Contributors - Aidolii

License
        As is standard with my mods: you may include this mod in a mod pack, and you may derive from this, but please inform me if you're doing so either through here or Steam, and give credit where credit's due.

XeoNovaDan

New mod: Viable Weapon Trading

Ludeon: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29503.msg409020#new
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386385125

Overview:
* Increases the sell price multiplier of weapons from 20% to 70%
  * Weapons dropped by colonists and prisoners won't be marked as 'looted', but also won't unmark marked weapons
  * Weapons dropped by raiders and friendlies will be marked as 'looted'
  * Weapons dropped by AI caravans and visitors will be marked as 'looted' (configurable)
* 'Looted' weapons will have their sell price multiplier multiplied by 25% (configurable from 0% to 100%)
* Stockpile and Bill filters to easily allow/disallow 'looted' weapons

Granitecosmos

Finally it's here! I've been suggesting a Deadman's-esque debuff for looted weapons since several months in the RSG discord to revert the horrible nerf to colony weapon industry. 70% is still kinda low for the amount of work a weapon needs but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Now I'll have to come up with a new mod idea to annoy Xeo with.

Yoshida Keiji

In my opinion, prices should NOT be fixed ever. The player SHOULD adjust the rates himself. Why?

We are playing a game whose main goal is to generate "Stories" that are different in each play.

I could say that "Weapons" would naturally sell high as survival combat is essential and look at the real world profiting with false accusations on the lives of others...

Now, back to topic, when a caravan arrives, the game only notifies the player of which Faction they are from only... which is very poor data. Why? Because the "WHERE" did they came from is very important too.

Say for example, my own colony is on the very equator and the visiting caravan (with exaggeration) came from a pole. I know that food and clothing is what they want more, so I should be able to sell them items for a higher price, in comparison with another caravan that also comes from an equatorial position.

The price I choose, shall also be considered based on the Faction "relationship", if the friendliness is near 100 points, I could choose to offer them a discount. Look at Trump raising the price of steel and global market fluctuations. Oil...

If I am already a technologically advanced colony... every time a tribal caravan arrives, I would make gunpowder weapons very expensive for them, unless of course they are Israeli for example.

Now on the other hand, if I am at a pole and the arriving caravan comes from the tropic, of course Clothing will have no benefit for me.

Drugs, I would sell high if they come from a very disease like biome.

Sculptures should probably be high if the arriving caravan are outlanders, sophisticated Factions. But tribals probably won't care much.

Besides my opinion that prices should be "player-adjustable", I do favor the raise in prices because 20% is ridiculously low. Truth is Tynan wants us to stay longer, but players mostly want to launch the spaceship and start another game. So the long near eternal last third of the game is very painful at the moment, that I simply choose to avoid.

XeoNovaDan

Viable Weapon Trading has been updated to v1.0.1.

Changes:
* New non-functional setting for the Mending mod
    * Functionality will be implemented in 1.1 when I know how to transpile with Harmony
* New stockpile filter for non-scavenged weapons

zizard

I found simple plastic surprisingly nice. It can be created 1:1 from wood, but so far, I have mostly used it as a mid game chemfuel sink, when a single deep drill deposit is usually more than you can bother to use for the whole game. Compared to wood, it is better for structures, and worse for beauty. This is different to real life, where plastic is used for small items with complicated shapes, and is too expensive in large volumes for structures. But that niche doesn't really exist in game, so changing it makes sense. Adding a chemfuel -> wood substitute path helps to balance out the mid game economy, when wood is one of the few renewable resources for trade goods. The only suggestion I have is to decrease the commonality for generated items, since it's one of the worst materials in the game for almost all of them. There's enough wooden swords in the game as it is.

XeoNovaDan

@Zizard - I really appreciate the feedback on SP, thanks! I'll get to updating it at some point later.

XeoNovaDan

Viable Weapon Trading has been updated to Version 1.1

Changes:
* Synergises with Mending: mending a looted weapon will remove its looted flag
    * This can be disabled in mod settings

WolfgangPolska

Is the skill shooting enhanced compatible with Combat extended?
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

XeoNovaDan

Kori

I have created a compatibility patch for the AnimalCollabProj mod, do you want to include it into the main mod?

XeoNovaDan

Multilingual Support
Deutsch - Energistics

Compatibility
Should be safely addable to existing savegames. There shouldn't be any problems removing this from existing savegames if you're not running any mods that depend on this.

'Show me them Turret Stats' should work with most, if not all turret mods out there, but patches may be required for modded turrets to use colonists' stats and be upgradable. TE naturally won't be compatible with Combat Extended, and also won't work with Beta 18.

There are no other known incompatibilities.

If you find any bugs, please link me to a full output log and give some basic information on how you triggered the bug; this is vital information for me to be able to fix said bugs.

Download
GitHub (source)
Steam

Back to my other mods

Overview
Turret Extensions is a multi-purpose mod that does the following:

• Allows you to view the combat stats (damage, accuracy etc.) of turrets, since you can't do so in vanilla for whatever reason
    • Allows you to view the damage amount and damage type of turret ammuniton (e.g. shells)
      • Adds various, well-documented turret framework extensions that allow modders to easily do what was previously impossible without C#, purely via XML
        • Fixes a vanilla bug where turret guns always face north regardless of orientation when built

Here's what modders have managed to do with Turret Extensions so far:

Show me them Turret Stats - Vanilla vs. Turret Extensions

A Better Framework

Turret Extensions' various framework extensions allows for turret mods that fill niches that could simply never be filled before without the extra capabilities that Turret Extensions brings to the table. Here's what Turret Extensions allows for as of v1.2:

• Manned turrets that actually factor in their operator's accuracy and/or aiming time stats
          • Automatic turrets that can be force-targeted by the player, just like with pawns
            • Turret force-targeting to auto-cancel when the target is downed, just like with pawns
              • Upgradable turrets with a large variety of parameters that can be adjusted

All of the above can now be done purely in XML; not a single line of C# is required!

View the documentation on GitHub here.

For those who are interested, I have also made a Discord server which you can join here.

If you want to spice up your mod's thumbnail a bit, you can download a 'Powered by Turret Extensions' overlay image from Dropbox here - with and without drop shadows.
              Preview:

Turret Extensions Roadmap for TE v2.0:

• Split the single-upgrade system into a flexible, modular system (UpgradeDefs, UI work)
              • Allow the AI to use turrets other than vanilla ones (this'll be hard to do!)
              • Dynamic combat stat readouts - implemented in v1.2
              • General code and documentation cleanup - kind of done with v1.2

If you have any suggestions or other constructive feedback, feel free to let me know!