A16 interesting tips

Started by NeverPire, January 14, 2017, 03:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverPire

First one, store 340 meals in three tiles without any need of refrigeration.

Just build a transport pod, order to fill it with simple meal (340 simple meals for 150 kg.).
Don't launch it.
Your simple meals stay there and don't spoil.
When you have a lack of food, simply cancel the loading.

Enjoy !

Second one, preparing a caravan with muffalos and a huge amount of items in less than two minuts.

Order to create a caravan with one colonist, the muffalo and only the heaviest items you want to transport.
Then, create one other caravan with only colonists and all the others items.
Without any muffalos, these colonists will directly pick up items and leave quickly.
Once both caravans in the world map, merge them.

Enjoy !
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Al-Horesmi

Quote from: NeverPire on January 14, 2017, 03:52:48 AM
First one, store 340 meals in three tiles without any need of refrigeration.
This is going to get fixed so fast now...

NeverPire

NeverPire

Oh, and even if it's corrected, it doesn't change a lot.
Create a pod launcher and a transport pod in a fridge and you can still stock 340 meals in three tiles.

carbon

I never got around to testing it, can you deconstruct a pod launcher after the pod is built and still load things into the pod? That would save quite a bit on space.

NeverPire

I have just tested, when you destroy the pod launcher, the loading operation is immediately cancelled, all your items are ejected and you can't anymore load the transport pod.
However, the useless transport pod stays there.
In all case, it would be a bad idea because if you want to use the operation several times, you should rebuild the pod launcher.

Sola

There should be a tech, or a fridge-like equipment rack that allows you to store food like this anyways.

Could you imagine having an actual, legit fridge next to your table?  Not a 10x10 structure, but a box with a door you can open and close?  Maybe that'd be the next tech level after spacer.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

swampslug

Quote from: Sola on January 14, 2017, 10:14:09 AM
There should be a tech, or a fridge-like equipment rack that allows you to store food like this anyways.

Could you imagine having an actual, legit fridge next to your table?  Not a 10x10 structure, but a box with a door you can open and close?  Maybe that'd be the next tech level after spacer.

If you are not averse to using mods try this: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26893.0
These should be included in the base game. You still need a large walk-in freezer for animal corpses and raw ingredients but it is useful to not have the constraint of building your dining room and prison next to your freezer.

Sola

That's really nifty, but slightly outside my moral compass.  The mods I use are things that can be done in the game already, such as "look at me, I'm the worker now" (overriding other pawns prioritization and "not set to [job]" settings), and OSHA compliance (Peons treat all traps as armed for pathing purposes).

Without a doubt, though, something like that should be included in the main game.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

NeverPire

Quote from: Sola on January 14, 2017, 11:33:30 AM
That's really nifty, but slightly outside my moral compass.  The mods I use are things that can be done in the game already, such as "look at me, I'm the worker now" (overriding other pawns prioritization and "not set to [job]" settings), and OSHA compliance (Peons treat all traps as armed for pathing purposes).

Without a doubt, though, something like that should be included in the main game.
I agree with you, especially because I don't use any mods.
The actual racks in the game are just useless, the weapon rack don't give any advantage.

ChJees

Quote from: NeverPire on January 14, 2017, 01:35:02 PM
Quote from: Sola on January 14, 2017, 11:33:30 AM

I agree with you, especially because I don't use any mods.
The actual racks in the game are just useless, the weapon rack don't give any advantage.
The weapon racks are great for storing artillery shells in outside :D. (Take no decay damage)

Also a nice place to put specialized weapons like Molotovs and incendiary launchers for infestation removal.

CrazyEyes

Yes, but you can get the same result by putting a stockpile under a roof. One tile of wall can hold up a significant amount of roof, and it's much faster and cheaper than building a bunch of equipment racks.

If the racks allowed a higher stack size or let you hold more weapons in a smaller area that would be a reason to have them, but as it is they're worthless.
Before you talk to me, I should warn you: I am kind of strange.

NeverPire

Quote from: NeverPire on January 14, 2017, 03:52:48 AM
Just build a transport pod, order to fill it with simple meal (340 simple meals for 150 kg.).
Don't launch it.
Your simple meals stay there and don't spoil.
When you have a lack of food, simply cancel the loading.
To illustrate it, simply look the first attached picture, in this one 2000 simple meals are stored and only 700 in the fridge.

Quote from: CrazyEyes on January 15, 2017, 03:45:48 AM
Yes, but you can get the same result by putting a stockpile under a roof. One tile of wall can hold up a significant amount of roof, and it's much faster and cheaper than building a bunch of equipment racks.

If the racks allowed a higher stack size or let you hold more weapons in a smaller area that would be a reason to have them, but as it is they're worthless.
The second picture illustrates the roof tool utility.
All the storages you can see there are simply composed of a few wood wall and a roof and items don't degrade. In the top, you can see mortar shells under a roof near mortars.
The most interesting with this kind of storage is that your pawns can reach them from anywhere.
You can see too sun lamps protected from rain by a two-tiles roof.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]