[B-18] Minion Robots

Started by Thom Blair III, August 23, 2018, 06:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thom Blair III

I'm making a minion robot that can perform a variety of tasks. So far, it can do several menial tasks:
- Hauling
- Cleaning
- Flicking
- Doctoring (tending to patients)
- Crafting (low level things like crafting spot bills)
- Construction (low level things)

However, I'm very interested in figuring out how to give them more abilities such as:
- PlantCutting
- Sowing
- Firefighting
- Smithing
- Tailoring
- Cooking

I'm using Base Robots as the basis for it, but I really don't understand how skills are assigned and how thinktrees work.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain how I could:
- enable any of the abilities I've listed above
- assign a skill level for the abilities
If you do explain, unfortunately I need more info than just "firefighting requires a thinktree" (even though that much info is a great leap forward in my understanding of it all). Specifics of what I would need to add to Base Robots or to my mod itself would be very welcome!

I did make the graphics myself. That part I enjoyed a lot, since I love graphics. I'd love modding even more if I understood it better. I wish I could just read everything there is to read about Rimworld modding, but I don't have the energy/skill to read everything (unfortunately I have a health problem which prevents me from reading very much, so if you can point me to a specific section of a tutorial or guide, that helps narrow down the amount of reading required.)

Here are the files. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
:D
Steam Workshop
Dropbox

Note: Anyone is free to take and modify, improve (especially improve!), or edit this mod for their own use and redistribute it as you wish, just don't say that I was responsible for any changes you make. You don't even have to credit me at all, I'm just making this for fun.
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

Canute

Maybe you should look for a different name, since Minion's are allready a nice mod.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30647.0

Thom Blair III

Omg! I never saw that one. Thank you!
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

Thom Blair III

Quote from: Canute on August 23, 2018, 12:07:33 PM
Maybe you should look for a different name, since Minion's are allready a nice mod.

I've now updated it to "Minion Robots" and changed the code to make the names unique to avoid compatibility conflict.

Smexy_Vampire

do thay make funny sounds when poked and can i make them an army >:D to take over the rim

Thom Blair III

I wish! I'm working on that though!  ;D

Canute

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on August 27, 2018, 03:36:00 AM
do thay make funny sounds when poked and can i make them an army >:D to take over the rim
Try out the minion mod i linked above.
They are animals with enhanced workgiver so they can clean,mine and plant cut too.
They breed and grow up pretty fast, eat not muc, and can be a good army if they are many.
But unlike at the movie's they can't use weapons and are not a big threat alone.