[A16] Simple Beard Framework

Started by Thirite, January 18, 2017, 03:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

-Simple Beard Framework v1a-

A mod that allows Hair Mods to keep beards/hairs shown even when hats are worn.

Note: I've included a prepatched version of Nackblad Inc. Rimhair that makes use of the framework.

Detours
- PawnGraphicsSet.RenderPawnInternal
- PawnGraphicsSet.ResolveAllGraphics
- PawnGraphicsSet.ApparelChanged

-Known Mod Incompatibilities-
- Alien Races Framework
- Facial Stuff
- Children & Pregnancy Testing Version (the same functionality is integrated in it)
- A World Without Hat

Download Here - v1a

Changelog
v1 - intial release
v1a - Fixed some bugs relating to pack animals throwing errors during drawing

-For Modders-

There are two methods of enabling this:

1. DrawUnderHat
The simpler way, but only works well for hairs which visually fit under a tuque. Adding the "DrawUnderHat" tag to the hairDef will cause the hair to remain fully visible underneath a hat (but not helmets/hats which cover the entire head).

2. Beard
For hairs that don't normally fit under a tuque, add the tag "Beard" to the hairDef. Then, you'll need to make copies of the original hair textures and rename these copies to "MyHair_BeardOnly_Direction.png"- where MyHair is the original texture name and 'Direction' is front/back/side.
For example: SBSBeard_front.png -> SBSBeard_BeardOnly_front.png

Permissions
Licensed CC-BY-NC-SA.

sirgzu

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Thirite

#nohomo though r-right?

Edit: Someone PM'd me asking if I would make a patch for the Alien Races Framework, but I thought I'd share my answer as it applies to anyone:

QuoteIt's not really one of my priorities at the moment; sorry. I'm making the Children & Pregnancy and Taiga Creatures mods as well in the little free time I have, and the Simple Beard Framework was just something I threw together in about two hours of work. So making compatches for other people's mods isn't really something I have time to do right now. That being said, if anyone wants to use my code (found in the source folder of Simple Beard Framework's folder) they are more than welcome to make their own compatch.

Icefrenzy

So how does one define something as a hat or helmet?

Thirite

There's undoubtedly a field in an apparel's xml data defining its coverage. Look at the power armour helmet for an example.

Filaz

Hey, i've got a little bug when trading caravan arrives. It happend only if caravan includes muffalos. In debug log console generates houndreds of errors of the same type and it won't stop until the muffalos are killed or I destroy them by command in cons. and it causes serious laggs when having a bigger colony.
Here's the screenshot.
http://imgur.com/a/290EI

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Thirite

@Filaz
Hmm, probably has something to do with their pack bag graphics. I'll have to take a look at it tonight.

Thirite

Updated to v1a; should have fixed whatever problem was occurring when pack animals are being drawn.

boomalope taxidermist

This appears to be incompatible with Zorba's A World Without Hat. When both mods are loaded, AWWH's function is disabled even when it's lower in the modlist.

Dragoon

I understand it is a modders resource, but if I put the mod in the game does it have no effect? I ask because I have the children one on but whenI give people cowboy hats their hair is not visible.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Thirite

@Dragoon
It only affects hairs that have been configured to work with it, namely the beared hairs in the included Nackblad Inc. hair mod. The Beard Framework integrated in Children & Pregnancy should work just the same.

@boomalope taxidermist
Right, that's expected to not be compatible. I'll add it to the incompatibility list.

rambo