Save modding growing season

Started by Siemvandenberg, January 20, 2017, 09:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siemvandenberg

Quick question, does anybody know a way to mod the growing season of my game? In my game (tropical rain-forest) it's almost all year long, I'd like to bring it back a notch. I've looked in the source code but am unable to find the right term.

Losttruppen

I think this is actually tied to temperatures, and only related to seasons by a calculation of temperature at a given date. My reasoning for this is when you build a "greenhouse"/indoor fields on a cold map with no growing season, they say out of season temperatures until you put up a roof and get the temps adjusted.

Edit: A quick perusal of my current save's file only yielded results for "temperature" in the tales section and for each of my freezer settings so I'm unable to test my theory.

Ukas

Losttruppen is probably right. In my boreal colony growing season should start at 11th of spring, but in warm springs I've had all fields sown before that. And because there's snow on the fields if the weather has stayed cold, so even without events such as "cold snap" growing season has actually started as late as 14th. Cold snap or volcanic winter has sometimes postponed it to early days of summer.

Zhentar

Temperature is, in turn, calculated from the world map tile you are on. So the only way to affect the outdoor temperature is to move your base somewhere else.