[A16] We Care Less About Prisoners

Started by LaviWasTaken, January 21, 2017, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaviWasTaken

Hi, hello there, I'm Lavi.
Are you annoyed because your collonists have mental breakdowns because your prisoner died? I can understand thier feelings...
NOPE!!! I am joking. I don't freaking understand why they care about someone that wanted thier deaths.

So, about the mod. It is simple edit of collonist moods about prisoners (and guests I guess) and also few other things like bodies lying around, butchering humanlike and people dying in combat.

Permissions: You can do whatever you want with this.

What this little mod change:
someone was euthanized = 0  (vanilla -3)
someone organ-harvested (died in process) = 0 (vanilla: -6)
justified execution of colonist = -1 (vanilla: -2)
colonist euthanized = -2 (vanilla: -3)
colonist executed = -3 (vanilla: -5)
colonist organ-harvested (died in process) = -4 (vanilla: -6)
innocent prisoner died = 0 (vanilla: -5)
colonist died = -2 (vanilla: -3)
a prisoner was sold = -1 (vanilla: -5)
someone's organ harvested (guest or prisoner) = 0 (vanilla: -5)
colonist's organ harvested = -3 (vanilla: -5)
I butchered humanlike (for colonist who did it) = -2 (vanilla: -6)
We butchered humanlike (for rest colonists) = -1 (vanilla: -6)
observed corpse = 0 (vanilla: -3)
observed rotting corpse = 0 (vanilla: -7)
witnessed outsider's death = 0 (vanilla: -3)
prisoner abandoned to die = 0 (vanilla: -4)

Download:
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/174?

asquirrel

MercuryDoll

Would be nice to have a breakdown of what exactly you changed, as your vague description implies that this mod affects quite a lot.

Aghiuta

It changes the value of some needs like "Someones organ was harvested", "Prisoner died" to 0 (great for my all natural, organic, free range, limbs and organs farm). Some are also modified from vanilla to a lower negative value (download and check the xml files in defs, it is pretty easy to see all changes).

LaviWasTaken

Quote from: MercuryDoll on January 27, 2017, 09:26:26 AM
Would be nice to have a breakdown of what exactly you changed, as your vague description implies that this mod affects quite a lot.

Hi there. I just took a little peak here and noticed your comment. Just for you I did what you asked for.

Quote from: Aghiuta on January 27, 2017, 01:53:20 PM
It changes the value of some needs like "Someones organ was harvested", "Prisoner died" to 0 (great for my all natural, organic, free range, limbs and organs farm). Some are also modified from vanilla to a lower negative value (download and check the xml files in defs, it is pretty easy to see all changes).

Even if this isn't that hard to do, no one want to dig in the files to be honest. But I did what I could have done at the beginning.

123nick

Quote from: LaviWasTaken on January 21, 2017, 07:03:50 PM

Hi, hello there, I'm Lavi.
Are you annoyed because your collonists have mental breakdowns because your prisoner died? I can understand thier feelings...
NOPE!!! I am joking. I don't freaking understand why they care about someone that wanted thier deaths.

So, about the mod. It is simple edit of collonist moods about prisoners (and guests I guess) and also few other things like bodies lying around, butchering humanlike and people dying in combat.

Permissions: You can do whatever you want with this.

What this little mod change:
someone was euthanized = 0
someone organ-harvested (died in process) = 0
justified execution of colonist = -1
colonist euthanized = -2
colonist executed = -3
colonist organ-harvested (died in process) = -4
innocent prisoner died = 0
colonist died = -2
a prisoner was sold = -1
someone's organ harvested (guest or prisoner) = 0
colonist's organ harvested = -3
I butchered humanlike (for colonist who did it) = -2
We butchered humanlike (for rest colonists) = -1
observed corpse = 0
observed rotting corpse = 0
witnessed outsider's death = 0
prisoner abandoned to die = 0

Download:
http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/174?

will you add the original values too in the description?

LaviWasTaken

Quote from: 123nick on January 28, 2017, 07:56:17 PM
will you add the original values too in the description?

Updated. Try to not quote whole text next time. :p

wdpk42

Thanks for this! WM's one just for prisoners isn't going to be updated it seems, so this is a perfectly serviceable replacement. Thank you!

ImStereotype

Love this mod, I hope it gets an update soon.

silentlord

Agreed. :P i need to harvest all in peace.

asquirrel

Me too.  Great mod.  Almost forgot about this one because it's like the way the game should be played.  Only thing I care about prisoners is whether they will bend to your and join you or how much I can get for them in pieces or as a whole for profit.   That's what you get if you are foolish enough to raid my base. :)

ImStereotype

@LaviWasTaken, any plans for an update? This is such a crucial mod for the way I play RimWorld. Thanks for your work.

Omnicide

For a mod that is as simple as this one, go into the Rimworld folder, go into mods, then core, defs, thought defs, then find the type of mood you want to change. *make a backup of the file in case you break some code* Finally, copy the file.

Next you want to go back up to mods and make your own folder. Inside this folder place another folder called "defs" then inside this folder place the file you wanted to change from before.

This is the simplest way to make changes to Rimworld. Oh and you should probably copy the "about" folder from another updated mod and place that in your new "mod folder" you created so that you wont have to worry about an "incorrect target version" error.

Ive not created any mods myself but I have dozens and dozens of small changes like this one that I have done exactly as stated above. Good luck and welcome to "modding lite" as I like to call it. (more precisely its just editing but meh)

ImStereotype

Quote from: Omnicide on June 07, 2017, 07:55:48 AM
For a mod that is as simple as this one, go into the Rimworld folder, go into mods, then core, defs, thought defs, then find the type of mood you want to change. *make a backup of the file in case you break some code* Finally, copy the file.

Next you want to go back up to mods and make your own folder. Inside this folder place another folder called "defs" then inside this folder place the file you wanted to change from before.

This is the simplest way to make changes to Rimworld. Oh and you should probably copy the "about" folder from another updated mod and place that in your new "mod folder" you created so that you wont have to worry about an "incorrect target version" error.

Ive not created any mods myself but I have dozens and dozens of small changes like this one that I have done exactly as stated above. Good luck and welcome to "modding lite" as I like to call it. (more precisely its just editing but meh)

I tried changing the Thought_Defs folder in the core but I didn't create my own Mod folder in mods. Changing the core Thought_Defs seemed to break my game. I'll try doing it through the mods folder, my question is what will make my modded file in the Mod folder overwrite the values in the Mod Core file, or do I change both?

ImStereotype

Thanks Omnicide, I took your advice and updated this mod myself. Had to start a new game due to errors from previous harvests I'm guessing. Working well in the new play through, even tested some organ harvesting.

Thank you to Lavi for making this mod in the first place!

If anyone would like to Download my A17 Version here is a link.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1poq4atfymqdlvc/AAAsyquV1-aAOAWZuhpBVBrQa?dl=1