[A17] Colony Leadership and Teaching v1.3

Started by Nandonalt, January 22, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nandonalt

This mod add leaders and teaching to RimWorld. Works on current saves.

DOWNLOAD
Steam Workshop
A17: Dropbox
A16 (old): Dropbox

LEADERSHIP TYPES
-> Democracy: the normal type of leadership, where leaders are elected by vote.
-> NEW: Dictatorship: you make the rules and you select which colonist will be the leader. No elections and no "rebellions".

ELECTIONS
-> From the new "Leadership" main tab on the game window, you can manage leaders.
-> Build a ballot box so colonists can "use" them to gather the colony for an election.
-> Elections can be held on day 1, 7 or 15 of each season. Elections can be cancelled if something bad happens during it. Also, remember to build it on a nice spot safe from rain. (If you don't like this feature, you can use dev mode to trigger it)
-> When the election finished, the leaders will be elected.
-> 1 leader limit if the colony has less than 5 colonist. Otherwise, the limit is 2.
-> Be sure that the colonists have good needs before starting an election.
-> The colonists will decide who will be their leader and which type the leader will be.
-> Colonists unable to do social jobs will never be leaders.

LEADERS
-> Leaders will have a always-on buff that will increase some of its stats.
-> Leaders have improved trading prices, gift impact and chance to recruit prisoners.
-> Leadership level can be checked on the "Needs" tab and will influence the buffs.
-> Leaders emit an aura of stat-buffs to nearby colonists in the same room and is also influenced by the leadership level.
-> Leaders can inspire other colonists and give them a small mood buff.
-> The leadership level is calculated by what the colonists think about the leader and the skill levels have a little of influence on it.
-> Unpopular leaders can be asked to step out of power and, on worst cases, the colony can rebel against them and proceed to arrest them.
-> You cannot change leader types.
-> Leader mandate is 1 year.

LEADER TYPES
-> BOTANIST: specialized in Growing, Medicine and Animals. Stat buffs include plant work speed, immunity gain speed, taming chance and more.
-> WARRIOR: specialized in Shooting and Melee. Stat buffs include move speed, accuracy, hit chance and more.
-> CARPENTER: specialized in Crafting, Mining and Artistic. Stat buffs include construction speed, work speed, mining speed and more.
-> SCIENTIST: specialized in Research. Stat buffs include research speed, surgery success chance, learning speed and more.

TEACHING AND LESSONS
-> New buildable objects: teaching table, chalkboard and globe. Found on Architect/Misc.
-> Right now, only leaders can teach.
-> Teaching table is where leaders can hold lessons and teach the skills they are specialized in.
-> Build it, click on it and open its "Schedule" tab. There you can schedule lessons for the whole season, meaning each day you can choose if you want a lesson and which teacher will teach. You can also set which time of day the lesson will start.
-> You can also select which colonists will not join the lectures.
-> Leaders will only teach skills that are level 8 and above.
-> Assign leaders to colors, and use yellow if you want a random teacher that day.
-> You can only hold one lesson each 24 hours, to avoid exploitation.
-> Build the chalkboard and the globe to improve learning. The chalkboard is dynamic!

THANKS TO: The RimWorld mod community for being cool, FlatIcon for some textures I used and Jecrell who helped me getting lessons to work by allowing me to use his code as a reference.
Mods featured on screenshots: FashionRIMSta, Vegetable Garden, Facial Stuff.

Want to support me and my mods? Check out https://www.patreon.com/nandonalt

CHANGELOG

VERSON 1.3:
-> Updated for RimWorld Alpha 17
-> (Dev Mode) Added a button to change government type
-> Added keys for translation
Bugfixes:
-> Fixed a few typos.
-> Government types won't reset after changing home bases.

VERSON 1.2:
-> TYPES OF LEADERSHIP:
-> DEMOCRACY is the default leadership, and the leaders are elected by vote.
-> (WIP) A new type of leadership: DICTATORSHIP. On this type of government, you choose the leader and it'll last until it dies, and public opinion doesn't matter for dictators.
(Dictatorship is just a variation requested by users that prefer to choose who will lead the colony, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's an evil thing with propaganda and such).
-> Classrooms are now classified as such by the game.
-> Fixed a bug where the game would not consider leaders in caravan

VERSION 1.1:
->BALLOT BOX. You no longer can trigger elections on your own. You'll have to build the ballot box (found on Misc) on a safe spot and wait for the colonists start a election by themselves. Elections can happen on days 1, 7 and 15.
(If you didn't like this change, the button to start election is enabled on dev mode but will be removed on a later version)
-> You can now select which colonists will not attend lessons by using the new 'Ignore List' button on the schedule window.
-> Leaders now have a star on their colonist icon.
-> Fixed error showing up when there's no able leaders to select on the dev option.
-> Fixed caravan related bugs.
-> Fixed a bug where you could build multiple teaching table blueprints.

SCREENSHOTS

-----------------------
** If you want to cheat leaders in, enable dev mode and use the add leader button. However going past the limit is a choice of yours and the effects can be different.
*** If you want to uninstall the mod, purge the leaders using dev mode and clicking the purge leaders button. This will remove traces of leadership on your colonists.

milon

Justas love

Yes, more depth to the game, awesome, is this save game compatable, can i load this into an existing colony?

Fluffe

Would be cool if like in dwarf fortress leaders could request stuff to be made or a pawn faces punishments or some type of downside cause at the moment it seems there is absolutely no reason not to get a leader so some possible problems would be nice lol

System.Linq

Dude! I swear to all that is holy, as soon as I put a feature down on my design doc, someone makes a mod about it.

Oh well, it's not really that similar. Good work!

Nandonalt

Quote from: Justas love on January 22, 2017, 04:41:21 PM
Yes, more depth to the game, awesome, is this save game compatable, can i load this into an existing colony?

It is! Just plug and play.

This is only the first release. I plan to add more things so leaders feel more important :)

Madman666

Ho. ly. Crap. This community just keeps making this game deeper and deeper! Cool idea, I am sold. It doesn't screw with social mods like Psychology or Rumors and Secrets, does it?

System.Linq

Quote from: Madman666 on January 22, 2017, 05:08:18 PM
Ho. ly. Crap. This community just keeps making this game deeper and deeper! Cool idea, I am sold. It doesn't screw with social mods like Psychology or Rumors and Secrets, does it?

It should be fine but be aware that Psychology is going to have something like this pretty soon anyway.

Madman666

Quote from: Psychology on January 22, 2017, 05:20:11 PM
It should be fine but be aware that Psychology is going to have something like this pretty soon anyway.

Thanks for the info, I really do enjoy your mod - it gives a friggin life to Rimworld colonists. They actually look more like people and less like programmed patients from neighboring asylum, hitting on each other 6 times a day even if shot down every time and then flipping out and burning everyone to Hades.)) I look forward how your implementation of this will differ from this one))

Senio

Goldenpotatoes

It would be pretty interesting if leaders could 'rule' based on their traits (teetotalers ban recreational drug use and can scold/jail colonists seen using them, hard workers try to limit joy/recreational time.) As of right now, it seems like a colonist can fairly easily hold their leader status until next election, so making them create some potential conflict between pawns with opposite traits would be cool.

Suggestions aside, this really does help give the colony an actual 'colony' feel, along with other social mods. The teaching option really does give a purpose to the older colonists who aren't in their prime anymore but still have plenty of wisdom to teach the more able-bodied colonists. Suddenly gramps with the bad back and poor sight is suddenly more valuable when he can still pass on his trade.

vlad_1492

Adds all kinds of charm.

Can't seem to find how I designate which colonists are to go to class, my entire population drops what they are doing to listen to the lecture.

Hydromancerx

sirgzu

Quote from: Psychology on January 22, 2017, 04:53:55 PM
Dude! I swear to all that is holy, as soon as I put a feature down on my design doc, someone makes a mod about it.

Oh well, it's not really that similar. Good work!

I sweat some ideas just float in the air ;)
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/5ogvec

Keep up the good work anyway you guys are amazing!

Nandonalt

Quote from: vlad_1492 on January 23, 2017, 01:29:06 AM
Adds all kinds of charm.

Can't seem to find how I designate which colonists are to go to class, my entire population drops what they are doing to listen to the lecture.

Currently, all colonists will attend the class if they aren't in some states(sleeping, resting to heal, stuff like that). But I'm thinking about adding a way to select which ones will attend and who will ignore it.