[Outdated] Marvin's Hot and Cold Pack IV

Started by RemingtonRyder, December 12, 2014, 12:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

I've managed to get minified turrets working again. The comp init DLL works fine, it was the XML which was problematic.

So that's a relief!

Kudos to 1000101 of the CCL team for posting and clarifying how XML inheritance works in A13. I'd still be scratching my head if not for that. :)

Hiztaar

"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Kaballah

I get an error with Hot and Cold Biomes with yesterday's CCL release that complains about the terrain fertility injector and on starting a map, the custom soil types don't get applied.  I'll get the actual text of the error shortly.

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly NoGravelFertility: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hiztaar

Dunno if you updated the mod minified turrets but it does not work. First xml structure using <comps> seems wrong.

You use this structure (A12 inherited) :
    <comps>
      <li>
        <compClass>CompExplosive</compClass>
        <explosiveRadius>1.45</explosiveRadius>
        <explosiveDamageType>Zap</explosiveDamageType>
      </li>
      <li>
        <compClass>CompForbiddable</compClass>
      </li>
      <li>
        <compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
        <basePowerConsumption>175</basePowerConsumption>
      </li>
      <li>
        <compClass>HotCold_Minification.CompTurretInit</compClass>
      </li>
    </comps>

But A13 needs that :

<comps>
<li Class="CompProperties_Explosive">
<explosiveRadius>3.0</explosiveRadius>
<explosiveDamageType>Bomb</explosiveDamageType>
</li>
<li Class="CompProperties_Forbiddable"/>
<li Class="CompProperties_Power">
<compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
<basePowerConsumption>350</basePowerConsumption>
</li>
<li>
<compClass>HotCold_Minification.CompTurretInit</compClass>
</li>
</comps>

Even with modified version and 0 error left, if I try to use it on my own turret while calling your DLL, if I try to spawn a turret, I receive this error :

MethodAccessException: Method `Verse.VerbTracker:InitVerbs ()' is inaccessible from method `HotCold_Minification.CompTurretInit:Initialize (Verse.CompProperties)'

at Verse.ThingWithComps.InitializeComps () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingWithComps.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugThingPlaceHelper.DebugSpawn (Verse.ThingDef def, IntVec3 c, Int32 stackCount, Boolean direct) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugThingPlaceHelper+<TryPlaceOptionsForStackCount>c__AnonStorey377.<>m__5F0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugTool.DebugToolOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DebugTools.DebugToolsOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.UIRoot_Map.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Root.RootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Kaballah

The only mod he's released for A13 so far is Hot and Cold Biomes.

Kaballah

Quote from: Kaballah on April 28, 2016, 02:38:28 PM
I get an error with Hot and Cold Biomes with yesterday's CCL release that complains about the terrain fertility injector and on starting a map, the custom soil types don't get applied.  I'll get the actual text of the error shortly.

Somehow I had the incorrect version of CCL, please disregard this.

RemingtonRyder

Been a busy week, haven't had time to work on the mod beyond 'okay this works now, phew!'

When I do a release I almost always post the link to it in the latest post as well as the top post.

Kaballah

The predatory boomrats change is brutal, I think that more than anything makes Desert really, really hard for melee-only colonies.  I'm not saying you should revert that, just FYI.

RemingtonRyder

Thanks for letting me know. I was waiting for someone to notice that little change and I'm hoping that some interesting stories will result. I mean, to a boomrat, raider tastes just as yummy as colonist. :-)

Kaballah

Yeah but they all make a beeline for your home area whenever they get hungry.  It's actually a lot harder to get going in Desert than it is in Extreme Desert (maybe you should make megascarabs predatory instead/also).

RemingtonRyder

Textured and added the XML for a crossbow turret today.

Nothing else to report, sorry.

Re-added the lantern from A9. It needs to be refuelled every now and then.

Kaballah

RemingtonRyder

Manned. But it is a step up from the pila thrower that you get to start with. :)

Kaballah

That's cool, the game needs more mixed tech stuff like this.

RemingtonRyder

Work done today:

• The pila thrower turret and crossbow turret are now minifiable, so you can re-install them elsewhere.
  • Moved the recipes for making basic, improved, crusher and macerator turrets to the machining table. This may not be permanent - I may instead give them their own worktable, because the machining table has a lot of recipes (gunsmithing!) on it already.
  • Bugfixed what I just did there.