[Mod Idea] RPG-esque faction placement

Started by ziame, February 01, 2017, 03:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziame

Hi guys

I've been roleplaying a planet wander lately (moving from crashlanding to the AI's ship), and I have noticed that there's a bit of repetitiveness ring to a wander like this, because all the factions span the entire planet. It would be great if there was a mod (or a feature tbh) that would rectify this issue of mine.

lingo below:
should - main feature
could - optional/nice-to-have feature

Problem:
Factions should not span entire planets

Solution:
Mod should first analyze what factions are available (to ensure it's compatible with mods adding factions).
Mod could add a Mechanoid faction to ensure encounters with them are omittable.
Mod could allow to choose what factions are not supposed to be near each other (for example: federation near medieval societies)
Mod should then move the factions around, so that same factions' outposts are 'clustered' in a smaller area (like a continent) and similar types of factions should be close to each other (Federation close to Mechanoid outposts, Medieval near Medieval etc), with some factions able to span entire world (high-tech societies)

This would make the rimworld more challenging, as you would have to choose your paths carefully and have the possibility of avoiding some encounters altogether -- looking at medieval runs, for example).

If this is unclear somehow or there already is a mod like this, please let me know.

System.Linq

You should move this to the Mods forum and not the Releases one.

ziame

Yeah I reported this to a moderator. Had a brainfart

Shinzy

Quote from: ziame on February 01, 2017, 03:58:17 AM
Yeah I reported this to a moderator. Had a brainfart

Your mistake has been corrected!
See that you have no more brainfarts in the future ...I've got my eye on you *squint*

milon

+1

This with a few tweaks to caravaning could make a nomadic game very interesting!

d09smeehan

I posted a similar request a little while ago, and apparantly a modder has already had the basic idea a little while before that. Hopefully he posts a mod of it soon. I think currently there would be a few problems still though i.e. ambushes don't consider nearby outposts when determining attackers etc.

Link to thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29361.0