[a16][WIP] Animals +

Started by Ekksu, February 12, 2017, 08:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekksu

Animals+

We're currently looking for coders!! Right now it's just me (an artist) and one or two other people currently working on this. Anyone who'd like to help, no matter the experience, is more than welcome to message me for details!! We might also be interested in another artist as well!

About
    Animals+ is a little group project that aims to diversify the various biomes in the game! As of right now, I've got seventeen animals textured, with tons more planned! Most, if not all of them, are just there to diversify and make things more fun! I've got more than eight animals per biome that I'm working on making art for right now! That's...a lot.

Current Features

The graphics are currently finished for the following animals:

African Wild Dog ("Painted Wolf" in-game)
    Tiger
    Domestic Goat
    Munchkin Cat
    Bison
    Hippo
    Lion
    Cheetah
    Beavers! Regular ones, at least.
    Amur Leopard
    Snow Leopard
    Black Bear
    Moose
    Tiger
    Reindeer
    Walrus
    Wooly Rhino
    Red Panda
    Tapir
    These animals are coded:

Giraffe

Preview some of the textures here!

Planned Features

- All of the animals listed on this sheet.
    - If possible, mounts! Would love to have some horses.
    - Some of the animals added will have unique drops! Tusks, especially valuable leather, and perhaps more!
    - Sometime in the future, I'd also love to look into maybe incorporating more animal-related mechanics.[/*][/list]

The Team

Wanna join and help out? Shoot me a PM! I've got a handy little sheet set up for everything that should make it pretty easy to follow. We're currently not looking for artists.

Ekksu - Artist / Minor Coding
    ShortBear - Coding
    Whizzard - Coding

Downloads

Currently none :c This is still very much a WIP project! Downloads will be available as soon as we have an acceptable amount of animals done!

Draegon

This looks pretty awesome, who is doing the textures?

Ekksu

That would be me! At the moment, I'm the only artist on the team.

Hydromancerx

These are awesome!!

I cannot wait to see your Moose and Bison!

Here are some ideas/requests i had awhile back.

You should work with the other animal packs to combine all your animals into one BIG animal pack. It also would help reduce redundant animals

CK Animal Pack
    Jaguar, Panda, Tiger, White Tiger, Okapi, Jungle Fowl, Peafowl, Spider Monkey*, Toucan*, Parrot*, Gorilla*

Taiga Creatures
    Black Bear, Fisher, Horse, Jackalope, Woolyhorse, Ermine, Megabadger, Chipmunk, Wooly Rhino, Ptarmigan, Smilodon*

ZWAnimals
    Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Tiger, Gorilla

Legacy Ark
    Angora Rabbit, Highland Cows, Llama, Merino Sheep, Silkie Chicken, Valley Quail

CPBeasties
    Panda, Penguin, Otter

*= Has Art but Not Added Yet

Note I tied to list mods with mostly real animals.

Ekksu

Thank you! I went ahead and sent messages to all the modders of those who are still active (a few haven't been updated for a16 yet). We're definitely always looking for people willing to help! So thank you!!

(and psst, you can see the moose and bison in the texture gallery now ;9 )

Hydromancerx

This looks awesome!!

However this one's antlers look too much like the base game Elk.

Try to get the antlers to look more like this moose ...

Note if you want to use this moose art, you can since I made it. You have permission. Just fix it up nice to look as nice as your clean art style is.

Here is a good chart of elk vs moose.

Ekksu

Aaah, thank you!! I'll admit I was a tad bit lazy on the moose - lemme see what I can do with it real quick!

How about this?

Hydromancerx

Much better. Just add that "dewlap" under its neck and it should look more like a moose.

Ekksu

Hydromancerx

Perfect! Thank you for fixing it up! Your art is really good!

I cannot wait to play the game with these new animals!

Hydromancerx

XenGrimm

I've done a bit of animal modding, hit me up if you want some simple race files mashed up

Hydromancerx

Quote- If possible, mounts! Would love to have some horses.

Well someone made a mod that allows for saddles on animals in the tools for haul mod. Also killface made a version for alpha 15 here, but it doesn't seem to work for alpha 16. :(

I would love to have saddles back (and carts and cars too for that matter).

EDIT: Looks like killface has updated it since i last looked. The carts and vehicles work but the saddle do not work.

Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx