Texture pack

Started by Renham, April 14, 2014, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renham

So guys Im currently working on a texture pack for Rimworld, the main idea is to create textures with the style this game deserves.
im putting my heart into this, and im doing from characters to terrain and objects, each piece with its own concept art and everything.

here some screenshots, if you look forward in the thread you will see some progression in the textures. as for now you can see what you will be getting very soon.

if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

Renham

here some other samples of the textures im currently working on.
soon ground textures, architecture and characters.
weapons are 70% done.

these textures here were worked to represent the technology of the period,
the most important for me is the research table, because it is ment to be a sort of holographic display table mounted on a super computer, it would simulate different materials and physics of them so you could build 3d models based on that data and produce a working prototype.

this way you could try different materials and shapes, and be also able to simulate the resistance of new materials.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Architect

Dude, those are sick! The best way that I can suggest is to make a mod where everything is included exactly the same was is it is in the core, but change the directory paths to locate your textures. that's the easiest way for you, and the easiest way for users to turn it off an on at will without causing issue. I can walk you through the steps a little more detail like if need be?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Renham

sure I really need a hand with that.. as I said previously... I dont get it quite well but with some practice I know I can master it, also thanks, I work hard on each texture these are just the first editions later on they will be perfected but for fore testing porpuses they will work just fine.

Cala13er

These are really good mate! Come texture for Industrial RIM ;). The only downside with the method Architect explained is that it will be incompatible with any mods that changes core features. Such as Industrial RIM, which changes Sun Lamps, Solar Panels etc...

Architect

Quote from: Cala13er on April 15, 2014, 06:46:48 PM
These are really good mate! Come texture for Industrial RIM ;). The only downside with the method Architect explained is that it will be incompatible with any mods that changes core features. Such as Industrial RIM, which changes Sun Lamps, Solar Panels etc...

Yeah, thats true. He could redistribute the resources file? But that is a lot of effort, and not the easiest for some users :/ Are there any other work arounds do you think?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Tynan

Yes, sorry it's awkward for now; the game isn't really set up to easily support in-place replacement of textures. The textures are tied to the things they display for.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Renham

some more textures, this time, weapons, with more details and variety of colors. once again these are just the test versions of the textures.

the idea of making the lee enfield so bright is because this version is ment to be used for hunting and not for war, the colours would allow the user to be seen from a distance thus preventing been shot by accident for another hunter.

althou in this kind of situation it could be something negative.

the colours of the pistol are in that way because it is ment to be a some kind of defense force equipment and again not an standar war piece of equipment, something like the weapon an armed guard would use.

on the other hand T-9 and various others have their colours or paintjobs ment to be used for soldiers and thus blend with the enviroment.

Renham

these are some of the plant re textures I created for the game, soon I will show you terrain and building re texture-

in these textures all I wanted to achieve is to represent in a more realistic way
how those plants look like.

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Renham

sleep spots look cozy but they are small and sofocating, those are supposed to be the capsules in which your colonists landed on the planet. also some more weapons and the strawberry plant, the idea behind the colours of the prissoner sleep spot comes from the concept of marking and highlight prissoners so you can keep an eye on them... for example if you would transport prissoners in your ship you would use bright colours so you can distinguish them in the dark.

StorymasterQ

Could someone please pack these images together into a single zip? They're too cool not to use!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Renham

Im technically speaking hand painting most of these textures, soon I will show you the new metal walls and the way minerals look like, also sand bags and sentries.

I will add some more objects soon

Renham

some resources, might change the metal color, to look more ironish like.
and the way silver is.