Texture pack

Started by Renham, April 14, 2014, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEisbaer

Here are the pics with the new things:
http://imgur.com/kpCUXr6,y8dhXI8#1

Here are the darker things (rock debris was wrong inserted by me in these pics)
http://imgur.com/f2rXNHM,e2taftJ,SWGw7DG,Mp4nAx7,HCYqk8X#4

Renham

here are the resources. i will fix some others later, because im not so sure about how silver and metal looks like yet.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

Renham

im not totally sure how to represent silver. as it just appears... so i dont know if I should show it as a raw material a processed material or something else.

Renham

this is a sample of how the animals will look with the new textures.

albany_

I really dig the art style. My only concern is that the lack of hard, dark silhouettes it'll be tough to discern objects from background the more you retexture. That said, I'd love to see what you come up with for terrain! The art style kind of reminds me of NEO Scavenger.

Renham

the main idea behind the re texture is to make certain things blend with each other to give the player the idea of continuity and the feeling of looking to a whole pixel art painting. but not loosing the functionality of the game, thats why Im constantly re working on how things look so they can be self explainatory as well as atractive.
some textures will be entirely re made once they are tested and I decide with the critics what is actually good for the game and what isnt.

Renham

mi progress so far.

Renham

no so convinced about how the moofalo looks like, I will fix it later also make some shadings and colors more harmonic with each other, as I will mass edit them all together so there wont be any miss match in the end.
so today I will finish up the other textures and by the end of the week the main part of the texture pack will be complete, animals not included just yet

soon after this I will try to implement it into the game so you all can enjoy it through a patch or something.

for the following weeks I will start working only on the characters on a few other stuff.

Stalker102

My hats off to you. Your Pixel Art is Amazing. I would leave this work as your own and go through the slow process on your down time to slowly to mod it into the game the process can be daunting at first but after the first couple of times you'll get the hang of it.

Keep of the great work!
Life has many Bridges. Don't burn the ones you crossed

iame6162013

I love these textures So much :)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Renham

thank you guys =) im putting my heart into this, I hope you all enjoy my work, I really want to give rimworld the look it deserves once I finish this I will work hard to create more things for you to enjoy.

Renham

hello guys, I brought to you the most recent update aka teaser of how the texture pack is going, there are several modificacions, new objetcs and new textures for you.

I will give you soon a mod for you to enjoy the whole texture pack. at least terrain and objects for now.

soon after thant I will include the pawns and creatures textures and lastly terrain textures too.

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Renham

thanks! =), I've re made some of them, edites others, and made a few others, the walls and floors are the ones missing.
I hope you all can enjoy it once its finished.

Renham

also a small sample of how the pawns will look like in the future. can I haz sum fid bak plox?
Im working right now in the last things from the map elements.
then work on pawns and animals.