[A16] SeedsPlease! Balance (for Vanilla & Vegetable Garden)

Started by dnks, February 16, 2017, 07:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnks

Quote from: ambivalence on February 18, 2017, 06:22:49 PM
Thanks, I'll try to test it, but it needs some time to find those seeds. I've also told sma342, that you have some problems with cannabis mod and I have a clue why.

One suggestion: mention that your patch is made for Qwynn's Extended Woodworking. There're two forks of the original itchyflea's EW: one is actively developing, another one – just an update for a16. We're dealing with the first one, despite of the fact, that they have the same grounds and mostly the same defs.
Thanks for the suggestion, I forgot about the other mod. Do let me know if anything happens, I put the same extraction rates and values as I did for VG Tobacco. I don't know if it will be balanced well enough, do let me know since I didn't get to test it.

Quote from: Napple on February 18, 2017, 06:26:25 PM
Compatibility with T's more crops mod.
Hey man, next time ask for it politely, here you go. I also didn't have time to test it, do let me know if it doesn't work. If you are also using Vegetable Garden I recommend you to load VG before T's Crops and add this patch after all other SeedsPlease mods.

Napple

Quote from: dnks on February 18, 2017, 06:50:06 PM
Quote from: ambivalence on February 18, 2017, 06:22:49 PM
Thanks, I'll try to test it, but it needs some time to find those seeds. I've also told sma342, that you have some problems with cannabis mod and I have a clue why.

One suggestion: mention that your patch is made for Qwynn's Extended Woodworking. There're two forks of the original itchyflea's EW: one is actively developing, another one – just an update for a16. We're dealing with the first one, despite of the fact, that they have the same grounds and mostly the same defs.
Thanks for the suggestion, I forgot about the other mod. Do let me know if anything happens, I put the same extraction rates and values as I did for VG Tobacco. I don't know if it will be balanced well enough, do let me know since I didn't get to test it.

Quote from: Napple on February 18, 2017, 06:26:25 PM
Compatibility with T's more crops mod.
Hey man, next time ask for it politely, here you go. I also didn't have time to test it, do let me know if it doesn't work. If you are also using Vegetable Garden I recommend you to load VG before T's Crops and add this patch after all other SeedsPlease mods.
Sorry I was just asking if there was compatibly with T's Mod since I don't use VG.

dnks

Quote from: Napple on February 18, 2017, 07:58:12 PM
Sorry I was just asking if there was compatibly with T's Mod since I don't use VG.
I'll need to upload the vanilla only version.

Edit: Download the vanilla version and the T's Crop patch. Remember to get HugsLib, MFO and the original SeedsPlease, ignore all Vegetable Garden related content, if there are any troubles, missing seeds or bills let me know.

dnks

It seems that I forgot about the fact that I had tweaked the original SeedsPlease so that you could sell seed prices at a better value. Default is that you can only sell them for 0.01% of the market value, since that doesn't make any sense, Fix the market value of seeds! - Without this patch you will sell seeds at 0.01% of their market value, just throw it in your mod folder and replace the file.
Download the, throw the contents inside your mod folder and replace the file in question.

EDIT: Fixed link here

ambivalence

There's no working link included, something messed up with bb-code. Any news, by the way? Do you play now, how is the balance?

There's one more compatibility request, if it won't take a lot of time: Hot Coffee (unoffical, but working a16). Actually, there's not much to do – as far as I know, only one plant added. However, to do a coffee business on the same grounds, seeds are necessary :3

dnks

Oh, my bb code on that last post is broken, but, it's also on the first post anyway, get it from there.
I think the balance is okayish maybe even a bit on the hard side which is okay, don't think a hardcore version will be needed, I've played for a while and haven't encountered many mistakes or so other than the seed market value. The plant saver mode made it somewhat easy if you ask me, even if it's sometimes buggy and plants die for no reason, same goes for Pests, but it's a lot better than blight. Was playing on a 10 day growing tundra map, so it was hard alright. I think even in zones where you can grow all year it becomes a bit of a problem at higher game difficulties, which is the purpose of the mod.

I'll work on the compatibility patch for that, same as usual, won't test it so you have to let me know if it's working properly. Taking a look at the files and so, I'll make it so that only raw coffee beans can be used to extract seeds, that's how it should work in real life. You should probably but the hotcoffee mode after vg and before all the seed mods. It'll be ready in like 20mins or so.

BTW, I'm guessing you won't need to plant or extract seeds from the Vegetable Garden coffee beans, so it will replace the extraction bill for that.

EDIT: Here's the link

ambivalence

Thanks for your patch (and for doing whole this thing), I'll try and test it :3 However, I really don't like the original «Hot Coffee» image of the plant, so I've made a simple override using the VG's png. There's also a fix – you forgot to change the label; it was called «tomato seed» in the patch you've shared. One question here though: will the greenhouse trader sell all the seeds added with the patches?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

dnks

ah, must have missed the description line.

Yes, the traders are set to generate seeds, any seeds and all seeds are accounted for.

notfood