[A17] DinoRim: Add Dinosaurs!

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 11:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexaurius

Quote from: Walking Problem on April 08, 2017, 02:35:24 PM

Using the artwork I had already done.... it feels a bit.... big.... and not "boxy" enough...

What you guys think? Should I redo the artworks?

even the thrumbo isn´t that big, i think you need to reduce the bigger ones, like the brach on the image

Hydromancerx

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Rexaurius on June 19, 2017, 12:09:49 PM
even the thrumbo isn´t that big, i think you need to reduce the bigger ones, like the brach on the image

Actually a Thrumbo is only slightly smaller than an elephant (according the stats in the Rimworld)

Whereas a Branchio is significantly more huge than an African elephant.

Quote from: Hydromancerx on July 10, 2017, 12:07:03 PM
Any progress on this?

I havent had time to work on any of my mods lately, because had been busy with Real Life. Need to earn money for food and bills.

WalkingProblem

Just to update on the development status of the mod.

I had been (and still is) very busy with my professional work. However, I had resumed work on this Dinosaur mod.

The development was previously in progress right before the released of A17. But A17 changed some of the xml syntax which, caused some of my work to be "outdated". Which is some of demotivating. So I went on to just focus on updating my existing mods then.

So to update, the anatomy/bodies of all the dinosaurs are done. In fact, all the xml coding work, related to the dinosaurs are mostly done actually. And I had updated all the stuff that are outdated, to A17 as well.

So whats left to do is:

- Translating all the artwork that I had previously done, into Rimworld-format (high priority)
- Create the textures for the rest of the dinosaurs (high priority)
- Adding all the attacks for all the dinosaurs (mid priority)
- Adding all the bodypartgroup codes associated with the attacks (midpriority)
- Attack Balancing (low priority)
- Adding biomes that the dinosaurs will auto spawn in (low priority)
- Sound FX (low priority)
- Adding special dinosaur events (low priority)
- Adding all sort of items that can be acquired after butchering dinosaurs (super low priority)
- Adding feathered dinosaurs (super low priority)(edited)

So my focus now will be the texture / art side of the mod.

I think completing all the artworks would make things easier, since most of the xml codes stuff will be easy to settle when I can test the dinosaurs in the game ; but without the textures would be difficult

Zenzi

Hello, is there any chance of us seeing any sort of release for this before the end of 2017?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Zenzi on September 18, 2017, 08:13:46 PM
Hello, is there any chance of us seeing any sort of release for this before the end of 2017?

Yeah there is.

Because I'm currently working on the Arachnid Mod 3.0 (should be release by end of this week). So I kept pushing back on the DinoRim~ haha

I pushed back so much, there are 2 other dinosaur mods appeared~ haha (but its good!)

I will be focusing on the dinosaur mod after I launch the Arachnid 3.0. Because I need to quickly release something since "competitions" appeared~ haha

Zenzi

oh, that's good to hear.

Though as for kicking the can down the road and other dino mods appearing.
I was also considering starting my own dino mod lol. So i look forward to seeing it, or you may end up with even more competition lol.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Zenzi on September 19, 2017, 02:38:24 AM
oh, that's good to hear.

Though as for kicking the can down the road and other dino mods appearing.
I was also considering starting my own dino mod lol. So i look forward to seeing it, or you may end up with even more competition lol.

If you really want to start your own, really you should go ahead.  =}

So the rimworld players can have more choices to choose what kindda scenario or "feel" of the game they prefer. 

Jurassic one is interesting as it introduces DNA research to clone your own dinosaurs - which is very fulfilling if its done I'm supposing.
Dinosauria introduces dinosaurs with very stylised look.
DinoRim (mine) will be pretty "anatomically" correct but less stylised I guess when is fully completed.

Its really each to their own. =}

SunsetInvader

Hi, I love the mod, but I have one slight problem with it. I feel dinosaur leather is too expensive. With skins of 4.60 ish and 5.30 ish, it makes it too easy to earn silver quickly. In my opinion it should be toned down to, for only the priciest skins... 4.50? Just my opinion, but I hope it's considered. Thanks!

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SunsetInvader on November 11, 2017, 01:19:20 PM
Hi, I love the mod, but I have one slight problem with it. I feel dinosaur leather is too expensive. With skins of 4.60 ish and 5.30 ish, it makes it too easy to earn silver quickly. In my opinion it should be toned down to, for only the priciest skins... 4.50? Just my opinion, but I hope it's considered. Thanks!

I havent launch my mod.... how do you even find the leather expensive? LOL

I think you are referring to Dinosauria~ I saw ppl commenting about that~

SunsetInvader

:o Whoops! I feel very stupid right now.. sorry about that! Thanks anyways!

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SunsetInvader on November 12, 2017, 06:08:28 PM
:o Whoops! I feel very stupid right now.. sorry about that! Thanks anyways!

Dun be! haha

It will be funny when this mod is actually launch, and see 2 different looking T-rexes face each other~ XD