Help with Carvan Glitch (Cross-post)

Started by Ella5512, February 20, 2017, 01:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ella5512

Using only EDBPrepareCarefully, I made a caravan and attacked a pirate base. Successfully destroyed it, caused it to become abandoned. I gathered supplies and reformed caravan, right before the 24 hours was up.

I went to the next pirate base. I caused them to flee, and everyone left the map except 2 downed people. However, I got no message about their base being abandoned, and I still can't get inside it. On the map, it still appears as the pirate base.

I had one prisoner from the previous raid who was able to go in the base and rest-I put a sleeping spot in there and turned it prisoner. He was able to access the door, but my colonists can't. Now he's stuck inside and I can't get to him without breaking down the door and letting him escape.

I should mention, when I went to attack, he was with our caravan, and just wandered around while we attacked. For some reason he didn't escape. I assume its because he was in the caravan and there'd be no way to transport them if they immediately escaped when you entered an area, but possibly that was another glitch?

What did I do wrong? Is this a glitch? I'm basically stuck now because I can't do much until I can enter the base, not to mention that my prisoner is slowly going to starve.

Ella5512

Edit: (don't know how to add on) Turns out the one prisoner I was carrying was of the same faction as the one I attacked. I'm guessing that's why it wasn't abandoned, because TECHNICALLY not all of the faction members were downed or fled; the one prisoner was still up? Anyway, that's at least why he can access doors. I was really confused when he got up after being fully healed and walked out. Except, since it's his faction, he seems to just wander around outside? Very confusing.

Edit 2: I went into dev mode and downed all the prisoners. Sure enough, I immediately got a message about the outpost being destroyed. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something that was just simply overlooked. Either way: weird.

Ark

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. As Ark says, this is a known issue that should be fixed for A17. (and you can edit your post by using the "Modify" button, which can be seen in the top-right hand corner of your posts).

I will close this now as a known/resolved issue.

@ Ark - Thanks for the assist and for finding and posting the link.