Rim World Challenges

Started by dakenho, February 24, 2017, 05:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakenho

I thought it might be fun to create a thread where people can discuss the various, self imposed challenges they have put on them self's and maybe give other players some neat ideas.

• The Ice Shelf Challenge - default start but on an ice shelf area
  • Extreme desert challenge - same as ice shelf but with the extreme desert biome
[li]luciferium addiction Challenge - your colonists are addicted to luciferium (on purpose) (start with 20-30 luciferium)
[/li][/list]

post your self imposed challenges and and maybe we can get some fun youtube streams going

SpaceDorf

Based on the Crashlanding Mod.

The total random challenge. 
Start the Crashlanding Hard Scenario with Randy Extreme, random Crashsite and the first roll of useless idiots pawns
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

ArguedPiano

I very often play with no turrets, traps, or mortars.

Occasionally a melee only run can be fun.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

O Negative

Starting with no items, disable all events that potentially increase population besides raids. That includes animals.

This is the only way I play anymore :P

Brutetal

War survivors

You start with two pawns, both male and brothers. They are equipped with an assault rifle (both) and bring a frag grenade, 10 components, 200 steel and 200 wood with them.
The map has a constant toxic fallout because the war has destroyed a chemical industry building. There are raids every twenty days, because the war is still raging.
Trying to balance that scenario right now. Will have to get the prepare carefully mod for the two starting pawns because I want them to be brothers.
Tried a few games with that now. Pretty fun but also pretty hard. Getting shelter becomes top priority even on forest biomes :D

Wanderer_joins

squatter settlements:

• standard crashlanded scenario, cassandra extreme
  • no defences: no mortar/trap/turret
  • no new structure: only walling off old structures and digging a freezer out of a hill is allowed
  • no buying bionic parts to traders: only bionic parts allowed come from raiders

Pink Omega

The lost explorer scenario

*Starts with no items
*No clothes
*Only 1 male/female pawn
*No roll allowed

<=To Be Continued/\/

Shurp

I'm experimenting with a prohibition on selling smokeweed.  My drug colony is producing gobs of flake instead.  There doesn't seem to be much difference unfortunately, except one chemically interested colonist did get himself addicted so now I am trying to slowly wean him off of it. 

Maybe I should switch to luciferium production... but I don't think I'm quite ready for *that* challenge.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Jeimss

makapse

tribals on 80C outside with no cannibalising is interesting. Its on the same lvl of difficulty as the community sea ice challenge.Adding permanent heatwave takes the outside temp to more than 100C so no comments on if that should be allowed.

Another

• Tribal Desert

• Temperatures of 80C
  • No cannibalism
  • Possible permanent heatwave for 100C.
  • Start as a Tribe

• Low Research Tribe

• Start as a tribe
  • Research speed at 1% normal

• The Lost Explorer

• Starts with no items
  • No clothes
  • Only 1 male/female pawn
  • Cannot randomize pawn

• Squatter Settlements:

• Standard Crashlanded scenario, Cassandra extreme
  • no defences: no mortars/traps/turrets
  • no building new structures: Only walling off old structures and digging a freezer out of a hill is allowed
  • Cannot buy bionic parts from traders: You can only get them from raiders

• War Survivors

• Start with two pawns, both male and brothers. (Prepare Carefully/Many many rolls)
  • Bring 2 assault rifles, 1 frag grenade, 10 components, 200 steel and 200 wood
  • The map has a constant toxic fallout because the war has destroyed a chemical industry building.
  • There are raids every twenty days, because of the war

• Poor Wanderer

• Start with no items
  • disable all events that potentially increase population besides raids (that includes animals)

• No traps or artillery

• Do not Build/Replace turrets, traps, or mortars.

• Melee Only

• Do not use any non-melee weapons
  • (or) Use only melee weapons except EMP grenades and EMP mortars.

• Ice Shelf Challenge

• Start on an ice shelf biome

• Extreme Desert Challenge

• Start in an extreme desert biome

• Luciferium Addiction

• All colonists start addicted to luciferium
  • Start with 20-30 luciferium

• Total Random (Crashlanding Mod)

• Difficulty is Randy extreme
  • Click random for the starting location
  • Use the first roll of pawns
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

b0rsuk

Melee Only Colony
You may only use melee weapons except EMP grenades and EMP mortars. Turrets are forbidden.

Hans Lemurson

Random Scenario
Seed: "tailor"

Title: Speculation of Solitude
Permanent map conditions: Solar Flare and Eclipse. (!!)

Start with a bunch of meat, granite boulders and ship computer cores. 

With agriculture out of the question, can you survive as nomadic hunters and raiders?  Migrate to new map when you exhaust the food on your old one?  Live off of raider-jerky?
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

ireth92

I just started out the Amazon Challenge:

• Only women are allowed to live in the colony.
  • Every man must be killed or banished. Male visitors are allowed but not welcomed.
  • No food or medical resources should be spent on men.
  • If an amazon engages in a romantic relationship with a man, she will be banished too.
  • [Optional] Amazons don't like fire weapons. They prefer bows, spears, swords, knifes and pilas (Hardcore mode!).
  • [Optional] Amazons prefer living in leafy forests.
If you wanna give it a try I created a scenario for it here.

Jumpingeal

Here's a challenge, create a small world, and your goal is to try and wipe out every factions. As in, raid them all and clear them from the map. Don't know if it would work like that, but I'm gonna try it.

Tip, don't make a large world. Unless you want to spend your whole life being it.

Also, try using launch pods to get around