Tool: RimTrans, a GUI and Complete translation tool!

Started by duduluu, March 06, 2017, 10:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duduluu

RimTrans

A GUI and Complete translation tool!

Open Source Code and Download: Github

How to use

Open RimTrans.
Click the 'Add Mod' button, select the Core or a mod and check languages which you need.
Click the 'Extract' button, so the language files will been genenrated and output to corresponding folder.
Open the languages folder and translate them!

Supports languages: All 26 languages.

You could also input custom output directory for generation.

RimTrans included English and Chinese interface languages. I hope that more translations from you, mates!

RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Arex

mecatxis

Does it work on Linux?

Does it include Catalan language? (it does'nt apear in the pictures)

Teneombre

Tynan

This looks pretty impressive; can it help translate the base game? I'd love to know more about it, and if you're still working on it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Tynan on March 22, 2018, 01:51:20 AM
This looks pretty impressive; can it help translate the base game? I'd love to know more about it, and if you're still working on it.

it works really good, saves a lot of time. Program create ready templates and all you need is only to translate text. Iam using this program almost from the start and can say for sure the missed translation became much much less.

Quote from: mecatxis on December 29, 2017, 04:00:32 AM
Does it work on Linux?

Does it include Catalan language? (it does'nt apear in the pictures)

It doesnt matter what a language you choose, this program just create a folder with language name. Select an any language and then just copy templates to your specific language folder. For example, if you select 5 lanuages, this program create 5 folders and copy the same template for a each.

Jagerius

Does it work with 1.0 unstable? How I can run it? I don't see any .exe?

Sefank

Quote from: Jagerius on July 07, 2018, 04:25:00 AM
Does it work with 1.0 unstable? How I can run it? I don't see any .exe?
Because of the extensive alterations in 1.0 Language system and further expansibility, @duduluu, who's the developer of RimTrans, decided to refactor this tool with TypeScript. So now you can't find any executable files. Maybe soon time he will finish it. ;D

xDahaka2012x

Hi! I also wanted to try helping translate the game, but got really confused by the lack of the .exe file. Is it possible to run it without .exe? If yes, how do I do that?

pluhi

Check "releases" on github and download the zip.

publicuser

The software not support Vista and XP (Requires .NET Framework 4.6.1)

Azarashi

I need this tool :( but I think it's not finished yet

Airon

Hi guys! RimTrans on the link posted here does not work correctly for the game version 1.3, so I fixed it by editing the source code. Link to updated RimTrans: https://github.com/Aironsoft/RimTrans/releases

Tomikles

Hi, me and some people have encountered the problem that RimTrans crashes on startup. When I click to run this program, it shows up in "processes" for a few seconds and then the program stops. I have windows defender turned off and the latest version of .NET Framework installed. I am helpless and I would like to ask for help as I would like to help the rimworld community by translating mods.

kellykiller

Quote from: Tomikles on October 13, 2021, 05:35:11 PM
Hi, me and some people have encountered the problem that RimTrans crashes on startup. When I click to run this program, it shows up in "processes" for a few seconds and then the program stops. I have windows defender turned off and the latest version of .NET Framework installed. I am helpless and I would like to ask for help as I would like to help the rimworld community by translating mods.

Hey, for me this was the Solution https://github.com/Aironsoft/RimTrans/issues/3#issuecomment-1066094531