Backgrounds

Started by GabrielKeen, April 19, 2014, 03:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielKeen

Is it possible to modify backgrounds?

The dll points me to the resource folder, which to my knowledge isn't any help.

Tynan

Can you be more specific about what you mean by background?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

GabrielKeen

Sorry; I mean character backgrounds, like "Medieval minstrel" or "Vat-grown assassin".

Evul

I also is wondering this cause i have some issues were backgrounds are tying to be picked. So I need to make a None background.

Tynan

They're not modifiable in A3. I may be able to address this for A4 though.

Evul

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Bog

/Necro'

So is there any new info on this front?

I'm making a new mod that revolves around making new factions, and I'd like to be able to make new background stories that are faction-specific so that they'll all have their own flavor.

For the time being I can keep making them as is, with the normal set of faction character backgrounds (which is basically tribal and spacer, so far as I can tell), but I'd eventually like to be able to make my own so that the mod can be fully immersive.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Tynan

Nothing has changed with this system, sorry.

Vagabond

/necro

Hello,

I was wondering if the files necessary to mod in new backgrounds were available yet. I'm assuming not, since I can't find any "background pack" type mods. Just figured I'd ask.

Cheers,
Michael

/endnecro

Tynan

Sorry, no changes have been made. I'll announce if it happens.

Of course you could write code to do it via Reflection.

Igabod

Quote from: Tynan on February 22, 2015, 12:58:16 PM
Sorry, no changes have been made. I'll announce if it happens.

Of course you could write code to do it via Reflection.

I and several other modders were under the impression that writing our own custom backgrounds for mods would be frowned upon by you since the backgrounds were part of your kickstarter campaign rewards. Is this your official blessing to do so?

Tynan

I have no problem with you changing the backstories.

Vagabond

Well!

Isn't this an awesome day for all!

New backgrounds and I won't have to try to do them; couldn't because they require coding to do rather than just .xml editing (right?)

I can do a lot with .xml editing...The game "Towns" required it, pretty much.

Cheers,
Michael