[B18] RIMSLAVES 4.2 : DAENERYS’ ARMY – Game of Thrones mod!

Started by WalkingProblem, May 09, 2017, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedekit

Seems like Sallys should also have a male counterpart... Back Alley Sal's, if you will. The night's watch also called Satin a "catamite" behind his back, so that would also be a valid canonical term. I mention it because you quote Littlefinger on how all pleasures are valid.

Also, you wouldn't want yourself brought into the gender stereotype controversy, so may want to provide an option that doesn't automatically assume all women are down to be "pleasured" (into orgasm, according to the code) by other women. Including gay men as colonists who wouldn't participate with a woman, and gay women as colonists that would is also something that shouldn't be overlooked. Unfortunately for bed slaves, they don't get much say over who they pleasure so you wouldn't need to take that into consideration at all.

Just giving some friendly advice.  I wouldn't want something like that to take away from the great quality of this mod. I really like how you've expanded on the basic aspects of the "pet" system to include more useful things you can train them to do.  It's inspirational and opens up a lot creative ideas in my mind of what could be done in the future.

The inclusion of "Daenerys' Army" as part of the title is a little confusing though. I thought this would include a way to liberate slaves... you know, the bulk of her storyline.

InfinityKage

Colony is close to social collapse and everyone's mod is very low. Slaver shows up. Looks at my funds. $759. Looks at Sally. $1000. Looks at child Sally. $536. Sweating begins. Clicks child Sally. Sweating intensifies. Clicks purchase. Screen fades to black and large sign shows "You sick son of b!+<h! The FBI has been notified." Deletes all saved game data and computer blue screens as windows and doors burst open and heavily armed military men beat me to ground.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: InfinityKage on October 03, 2017, 05:13:49 PM
Colony is close to social collapse and everyone's mod is very low. Slaver shows up. Looks at my funds. $759. Looks at Sally. $1000. Looks at child Sally. $536. Sweating begins. Clicks child Sally. Sweating intensifies. Clicks purchase. Screen fades to black and large sign shows "You sick son of b!+<h! The FBI has been notified." Deletes all saved game data and computer blue screens as windows and doors burst open and heavily armed military men beat me to ground.

LMAO.

Yeah, this mod is meant to test your morals in that way.... XD

Quote from: wedekit on October 03, 2017, 05:11:56 PM
Seems like Sallys should also have a male counterpart... Back Alley Sal's, if you will. The night's watch also called Satin a "catamite" behind his back, so that would also be a valid canonical term. I mention it because you quote Littlefinger on how all pleasures are valid.

Also, you wouldn't want yourself brought into the gender stereotype controversy, so may want to provide an option that doesn't automatically assume all women are down to be "pleasured" (into orgasm, according to the code) by other women. Including gay men as colonists who wouldn't participate with a woman, and gay women as colonists that would is also something that shouldn't be overlooked. Unfortunately for bed slaves, they don't get much say over who they pleasure so you wouldn't need to take that into consideration at all.

Just giving some friendly advice.  I wouldn't want something like that to take away from the great quality of this mod. I really like how you've expanded on the basic aspects of the "pet" system to include more useful things you can train them to do.  It's inspirational and opens up a lot creative ideas in my mind of what could be done in the future.

The inclusion of "Daenerys' Army" as part of the title is a little confusing though. I thought this would include a way to liberate slaves... you know, the bulk of her storyline.

Feel free to share any ideas you have.

Daenerys' Army is accurate - the "freed slaves" practically still behaves like slaves in the series. Whether they are slaves or not in your colony, its really up to your imagination. Like you can choose to never bound your slaves to specific zones - because you want to give them freedom - its your choice too. LOL

Its basically up to the players' imagination how they want to play the mod to their story.

As for male sallys, I forgotten about it. A lot, I really mean a lot, of people had asked for it. I will add it in, for the next update. (although after which, I think this mod is really more or less, "maxed out", until I found a way to make them cook and sew. lol

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WalkingProblem

[B18] RIMSLAVES 4.0 : DAENERYS' ARMY – GAME OF THRONES MOD

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://walkingproblem.com/
FORUM LINK: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32265.0
STEAM DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922660930
NON-STEAM DOWNLOAD: http://walkingproblem.com/sdm_downloads/rimslaves-ver4-0/
DEVELOPER'S DISCORD: https://discord.gg/W2Vb27T
FACEBOOK PAGE: http://fb.com/walkingproblem

VER 4.0 DEVELOPER NOTE:
Finally, RimSlaves is updated to B18. It is the last mod among all my mods to get updated. So what is new in this update? Dothraki! Dothraki previously when killed, will spawn a dead horse and a untrained dismounted Dothraki. This is now updated, with the dead horse now reflecting the injuries it gotten when it is still a Mounted Dothraki, and the Dismounted Dothraki will retain its training and his master. Which means that the Dothrak will be able to continue fighting after respawn as a dismounted dothrak after being killed the first time. Unfortunately, together with the Minions mod, the Work Slaves' carry resources to construction frames/sites is now disabled, as the B18 update caused some changes which is not easy to fix. So I leaving this out, while taking the time to fix. There is also a small amendment to Unsullied's salute rates after complains of it saluting to colonists way too often. Have fun!

VER 4.0 CHANGELOG:
– dead dothrak horse now reflects injury gotten as a Mounted Dothrak
– Dismounted Dothrak now inherits training and master from his previous life
– Work Slaves' carry resource to construction site work is disabled due to B18 changes
– Unsullied will now salute only twice a day, from the original every 2 hours.

zay_brad

Damn. Do all the slaves have dark skin tones? I mean, as a black person I would feel uncomfortable having all of my slaves black...

WalkingProblem

Quote from: zay_brad on December 09, 2017, 02:56:47 PM
Damn. Do all the slaves have dark skin tones? I mean, as a black person I would feel uncomfortable having all of my slaves black...

There are 4 skin tones for work slaves.
And none of the Sallys are "dark skins"
Why is Daenerys a white person?
Why is the Night King blueish white?
Where are the white slaves in GoT?
Where are the fucking chinese?
The Mongols are fucking unrepresented
Why are Wyverns called Dragons?
Why cant the Dragon breath Ice?
Why there is no characters with almond slanted eyes?
Why are the Unsullieds all non-white?

Dun ask this kindda question. You racist.
The only reason to notice and bothered by such things is because you are already seeing the world with a racist mind. 

I do not watch a chinese pugilist movie and think to myself : the whites are totally unrepresented. Fuck the brad pitt great wall movie - its rubbish. 

K. I finish my ranting.

---- just to add ----

Because in game of thrones, the people in the east are oppressed and enslaved by the slaver lords in the 3 cities that are liberated by Daenerys. The slaves in the movie are all middle-eastern and dark in skintone - thus replicated in the mod. In Westeros, slavery was abolished - thus there is no white slaves.  Which is also the reason why Jorah is banished from Westeros because he engaged in the slave trade.

Better?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: zay_brad on December 09, 2017, 02:56:47 PM

But you are not uncomfortable with owning slaves ? .. good things you have your priorities straight  ;D

WalkingProblem

Ancient Egypt owns slaves too, and their slaves are all "blacks" as well (they used to call it africans but... whatever, what does this yellow ching chong knows)

---

Sorry, I'm very triggered.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Walking Problem on December 10, 2017, 01:43:37 AM
Ancient Egypt owns slaves too, and their slaves are all "blacks" as well (they used to call it africans but... whatever, what does this yellow ching chong knows)

You fogot the jews !

zay_brad

Sorry, I did not mean to offend everyone. I haven't even watched Game of Thrones to be honest, I just saw this mod and thought it was pretty cool. My question was foolish and was not backed by any historical or Game of Thrones context. It was only when I realized all of the slaves shown were black, I felt uncomfortable about having slaves in the first place.... But, I guess its not that serious as i'm portraying it to be . I'm just downloading a mod on a fictional game after all lol. 

WalkingProblem

Quote from: zay_brad on December 10, 2017, 08:46:29 AM
Sorry, I did not mean to offend everyone. I haven't even watched Game of Thrones to be honest, I just saw this mod and thought it was pretty cool. My question was foolish and was not backed by any historical or Game of Thrones context. It was only when I realized all of the slaves shown were black, I felt uncomfortable about having slaves in the first place.... But, I guess its not that serious as i'm portraying it to be . I'm just downloading a mod on a fictional game after all lol.

Then you need to watch it. Game of Thrones is crazy awesome.

Canute

SpaceDorf

NOT ENOUGH WRITING .. thats what it is ..

a crappy spoilerfest for volume 6 ...

SpaceDorf

I write it here and in Marvins Thread.

I have the combination of Rimslaves, Planet of the Apes ( Monkey Island  ;D ) some few other mods,
and sometimes raids go wrong by MarvinKosh.

What Happened is :
I let a  Refugee Ape joine my Colony.
He was chased by dothraki raiders and a single one turned up to raid.
then the alarm sounded and another one turned up .. and another one, and then a scyther,
a dothraki on fire, a short snouted bear of one of the animal mods ..
and it did not stop ..
every second another raid was triggered ..

==== EDIT ====

I deactivated sometimes raids go wrong and still got following debug messages :

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()