Mood buffs

Started by Neotic, May 12, 2017, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neotic

There should be mood buffs for when a pawn is completly rested and their food bar is full. For example, when the pawns food bar is above 90% they would get "Well fed +3" and for rest, like the food bar, when it is above 90% they would get "Well Rested +3"
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

O Negative

+1 I agree. There aren't enough potential positive mood buffs, in my opinion :P

OFWG

Quote from: Neotic on May 12, 2017, 06:44:24 PM
... when the pawns food bar is above 90% they would get "Well fed +3" and for rest, like the food bar, when it is above 90% they would get "Well Rested +3"

Personally I'd prefer sticking to the existing "ate fine meal" and the one for having a really nice bedroom, as those directly reward the player for taking action to provide these nicer things for the pawn. I don't hate the suggestion but it seems a little odd to give a reward for something the pawn was going to do anyway (fill up on food/sleep until rested) regardless of the quality of what was consumed.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Neotic

Quote from: OFWG on May 12, 2017, 08:26:10 PM
Quote from: Neotic on May 12, 2017, 06:44:24 PM
... when the pawns food bar is above 90% they would get "Well fed +3" and for rest, like the food bar, when it is above 90% they would get "Well Rested +3"

Personally I'd prefer sticking to the existing "ate fine meal" and the one for having a really nice bedroom, as those directly reward the player for taking action to provide these nicer things for the pawn. I don't hate the suggestion but it seems a little odd to give a reward for something the pawn was going to do anyway (fill up on food/sleep until rested) regardless of the quality of what was consumed.
I'm suggesting this because there's so many negative mood debuffs for these things so why cant there be at least one positive one? and aren't you a little happier after you wake up or have a full meal?
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

O Negative

There's no real argument against the sleep buff, though. If people can be grumpy because they're tired, they should be happy when they wake up :)

Limdood

Quote from: O Negative on May 12, 2017, 09:39:00 PM
There's no real argument against the sleep buff, though. If people can be grumpy because they're tired, they should be happy when they wake up :)
You know people who are happy when they wake up?  I'm not sure i believe you.

O Negative

Guess my phrasing was bad. I'm happy when I've had a good night's sleep. When I wake up only after I'm fully rested. That's usually not until noon, but hey :P

ymc

Yeah, I'd second that. Just because I personally don't get a debuff for "slept on ground" doesn't mean I don't enjoy Bed B over Bed A.

Preemptive in-game notes to potential counter-points:

• Yes, bed B being superior did require less sleep time, but it's not like resting on the ground for longer can make up for the fact it was the ground
  • Bed B being masterwork and recovering sleep faster means pawns actually spend less time in them, which means it had less ticks to boost the comfort meter.
  • A fine or lavish meal provides nutrition faster while also contributing to mood. Somebody with gut worms can actually be currently starving and have eaten a fine meal at the same time.
  • The fact you can get positive buffs for comfort already shouldn't rule out this suggestion, as you can have those buffs from a legendary human armchair at their workbench and still have "slept on ground" or "slept in the cold" debuffs if you've zone restricted them to cooking in the freezer, and didn't include their bedroom.

Rimrue

I like this idea. Maybe it could be in the form of an early bird trait? They get a mood buff for being awake before 8 am or somesuch?